Old 02-03-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "The Slice Girls" -- 2/03/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case where the victims' hands and feet have been severed and each have been branded with a strange symbol. While Sam does some research at a local university, Dean heads to one of his favorite places to investigate, the town bar. Dean strikes up a conversation with a local named Lydia (guest star Sara Canning, "The Vampire Diaries"), and the two go back to her place. Sam discovers the symbol on the bodies is a sign of Amazon warriors. Jerry Wanek directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#713).

Episode 13 of 23

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zDpOaipwNR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey it's Jenna from the Vampire Diaries.
Old 02-04-12, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "The Slice Girls" -- 2/03/12

They kinda gave away the ending showing jewel staite in the "THEN" segment. Still was hard to see. since they went with this, i wonder why they didn't kill jewel's kid as a preventative measure.

i guess there will be more amazons coming up.

Leviathans who? are they even in this season anymore?
Old 02-04-12, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Personally, I've preferred the episodes this season that didn't have Leviathans in them - those have been a disappointing season arc.

I like the idea of an episode on Amazon women but this episode seemed a bit truncated, like it needed more to it than what we got.

And why only cut off the hands and feet?
Old 02-05-12, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
They kinda gave away the ending showing jewel staite in the "THEN" segment. Still was hard to see. since they went with this, i wonder why they didn't kill jewel's kid as a preventative measure.
Huh?

I assumed the Jewel Staite thing was just there to remind people that Dean killed her. Now we have Sam killing someone Dean cares (or should, at least) care about.
Old 02-05-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I'm glad this was another self contained episode. They made some small reflections to the past. It was a fun episode although it ended a little abruptly. Next week also looks like it will be standalone.

at Sam having absolutely no hesitation killing Dean's "daughter"

I wish they would have utilized Sara Canning more.

As I said a few weeks ago, the self contained episodes have actually been alot more fun than this season's attempt at an arc.
Old 02-06-12, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought they had some potential to make this season a lot more interesting and a lot crazier. This episode was a good example. They have this huge menace of the Leviathen, and really they should be recruiting old gods and monsters to help them fight against them, but they keep offing them. I'd think a Time God would be a good ally, and how cool would it be if the Winchesters had Dean's Amazonian daughter traveling with them helping them fight Leviathan and also trying to outrun the other Amazons? But nope, we just kill everyone and lather, rinse repeat.
Old 02-06-12, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
They have this huge menace of the Leviathen, and really they should be recruiting old gods and monsters to help them fight against them, but they keep offing them.
That would've made for an awesome and interesting season! First ally I'd want to get was that Warlock who was able to lockdown a Leviathan for a day or two. That, and giving James Marsters some more work is always good.

Last edited by malichai; 02-06-12 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-07-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus you have that anti-christ kid from two seasons ago that they just dropped, and a bunch of other league of monsters type characters that they could use to help the fight. If it was a whole season of assembling a super team to fight these things, I'd be a lot more interested than in the wheel spinning going on.
Old 02-07-12, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

On the plus side for this episode, I thought the intercutting of Dean's sex scene with an Amazon with the scene of a man being killed that was set to an AC/DC song was great.
Old 02-07-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Huh?

I assumed the Jewel Staite thing was just there to remind people that Dean killed her. Now we have Sam killing someone Dean cares (or should, at least) care about.
That's exactly what he was talking about - since they reminded us that Dean killed Jewel in the "THEN" clip, I knew 10 minutes in that Sammy would be killing Dean's kid by the end of the episode - it was the only reason to show that moment in the 'then' refresher.
Old 02-07-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Plus you have that anti-christ kid from two seasons ago that they just dropped, and a bunch of other league of monsters type characters that they could use to help the fight.
I remember thinking the anti-christ kid was one of the cooler things this show did. I would love if they would revisit that in some form or fashion.