Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of the Chuck Series Finale?
It was awesome! Very satisfying end.
31.58%
It was good, not great. Still satisfied
30.53%
Meh it was just okay. A little disappointed
20.00%
After 5 seasons, that sucked
8.42%
I'm in denial, don't want it to end.
9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/1

I'm disappointed we didn't get a definite answer to whether Sarah got all her memories back, but I guess its one of those endings that lets the audience decide whether the kiss worked or not. I thought Chuck/Sarah at the end of the first hour was more of a tear jerker then the last 10 minutes, and I agree that it felt really rushed the way all of a sudden everyone goes their separate ways.

But overall they did a good job and gave all the characters their due which was nice to have for a series finale.
Old 01-28-12, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/1

Loved it. A solid finale that didn't wrap things up too neatly and gave some real dramatic moments to a show that is usually pretty light. I loved how it ended as it began, which was a pretty slick piece of storytelling on the writers' part.

And Jeffster and a great Subway moment capped it off with a bow.

Sorry to see it go but glad it got a solid run and ended strong.
Old 01-28-12, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought it was a great ending. Bittersweet. It's clear that they will end up falling in love again. I'm amazed the writers took such a bold move as to leave her without her memory.
Old 01-28-12, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the only thing that could possibly have added to it would have been a cameo by Harry Tang and Anna.
Old 01-28-12, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how they wrapped up the show.. bunch of call backs if one was a fan, right down to some of the locations and a few of those were unexpected..
Come on, they even worked a Wienerlicious back into the show..

oh and the whole "unleash the perverts" scene was great being I've seen threads like that happen on some message boards before with people trying to track down this or that star based on next to no info in a picture that might not even be her in the first place.

anyways, always happy when I show gets a final season/ep vs the normal ending of random cancellation out of nowhere and this ep did not disappoint me at all..
Old 01-28-12, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great couple of episodes. Sad to see it go. Chuck is no more, yet jersey shore lives on /sigh
Old 01-28-12, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little bitter about the ending. I guess I expected more. Feels like everything we watched and rooted for the past 5 years was wiped out. Yes, they left a glimmer of her possibly regaining her memory, but it would have been nice to see. I kept expecting any little thing to jar her memory back. Seemed way too negative for a Chuck ending. Watching 2 straight hours of that with no real resolution just doesn't sit well....kinda bummed. Just thought Chuck and Sarah deserved a better ending.

In a way, it's almost as unsatisfying as if the whole 5 years was a dream sequence and never happened.
Old 01-28-12, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb

oh and the whole "unleash the perverts" scene was great being I've seen threads like that happen on some message boards before with people trying to track down this or that star based on next to no info in a picture that might not even be her in the first place.
No nip slips.

I was just grateful that Chuck got the Intersect back. The theme this whole season of Chuck and Sarah quitting the spy life really rubbed me the wrong way, so blowing that all to hell in the last episode was satisfying for me.
Old 01-28-12, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll miss the show but it also felt like it was time for it to end.
Old 01-28-12, 02:46 AM

I thought for sure when they kissed all their memories of each other would flash over to Sarah through the intersect.
Old 01-28-12, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Warning for those avoiding spoilers... It seems Yvonne was beginning to spoil the final episode in her little interview at around 1 minute in. Avoid!
I read she wasn't happy with Sarah's last arc. I have to agree with her.
I wanted a less ambiguous ending.
Some great moments though.
Old 01-28-12, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yoshimi
I hope Yvonne Strahovski gets a new show and soon.
I want her to play Black Canary (there is that "Arrow" show that the CW is considering...).
Old 01-28-12, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Aaaaaannnnnd to answer my own question, the song is "Your Hands" by Ghost Society.
Old 01-28-12, 05:27 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryW
I thought for sure when they kissed all their memories of each other would flash over to Sarah through the intersect.
the show faded to black WHILE they were kissing. So, if that's what you think happened, that's what happened.
Old 01-28-12, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by SleepyW
I'm a little bitter about the ending. I guess I expected more. Feels like everything we watched and rooted for the past 5 years was wiped out. Yes, they left a glimmer of her possibly regaining her memory, but it would have been nice to see. I kept expecting any little thing to jar her memory back. Seemed way too negative for a Chuck ending. Watching 2 straight hours of that with no real resolution just doesn't sit well....kinda bummed. Just thought Chuck and Sarah deserved a better ending.

In a way, it's almost as unsatisfying as if the whole 5 years was a dream sequence and never happened.
Perhaps the producers were trying to create a "story loop" that would play out in "Syndication" or other "re-play" markets. Figuratively, after the last episode plays, the folllowing episodes (the re-play of the series from the beginning) are Chuck telling "their story" to Sarah. Its a "reach", but I could see that as a way of looking at things.
Old 01-28-12, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Perhaps the producers were trying to create a "story loop" that would play out in "Syndication" or other "re-play" markets. Figuratively, after the last episode plays, the folllowing episodes (the re-play of the series from the beginning) are Chuck telling "their story" to Sarah. Its a "reach", but I could see that as a way of looking at things.
Chuck is not even in syndication and likely never will be.
Old 01-28-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by the big train
No nip slips.

I was just grateful that Chuck got the Intersect back. The theme this whole season of Chuck and Sarah quitting the spy life really rubbed me the wrong way, so blowing that all to hell in the last episode was satisfying for me.
I think that was executed poorly too. Chuck gets the intersect back, defuses the bomb, and that's it. No other comments about Chuck having it back in the last 10 minutes, how it feels, what it means, etc.
Old 01-28-12, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Chuck is not even in syndication and likely never will be.
I was suprised they didn't bother doing a full season to pull the 100 episodes needed for synidication. To get to 91 then stop didn't make sense when syndication would seem to pay for the additional episodes
Old 01-28-12, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the big train
No nip slips.
Jeff and Lester had been grating on my nerves but the Jeffster and perverts scenes were some of the best I'd seen in quite a while.
Old 01-28-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
I had read somewhere that Josh Schwartz said they wrote an ending fitting for Chuck and for the fans that helped keep the show on, and I just didn't see that at all. I think this would have been a good season finale, but not for the whole series.
Old 01-28-12, 10:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

can't please everyone. I thought it was a fantastic series finale. in my mind, of course, they get back together. whether the kiss worked or not, it was obvious she was slowly starting to get her memory back on her own anyway.
Old 01-28-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Anyone else creeped out by the German guy who wanted Jeffster to come with him? Wonder if they ever made it big in Germany.

Maybe they could continue the series in comic book form.
Old 01-28-12, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by windom
Maybe they could continue the series in comic book form.
I'm not really into this show but I am so into this idea.

With how cheap comic books are compared to a TV show/movie and a built in fan base (even if it wasn't a huge Jersey Shore type thing) I'm surprised and disappointed this doesn't happen on a regular basis already.

Even if it's not comic book-ish stereotype content if the actual creators and writers who made the show so beloved with the fans I could have even seen this working to keep Arrested Development going after it was cancelled.

I know, if it was from the people who did the TV show, I would have been all over a DS9 comic book series.
Old 01-28-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone get Adam Baldwin a new show, stat!
Old 01-28-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

I really hope all the main actors are back on television soon. Baldwin probably has the longest resumé by a mile, so I have no doubt he can get work any time he wants it.

Levi may have more trouble finding a role that suits him. From what I can tell, he put a lot of himself into the personality of Chuck. It'll be interesting to see where he lands next.

I think Strahovski should have a lot of opportunities. She's beautiful and a good actor. I think she would do very well in a dramatic role. I hope she continues to work here in the US.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.