Old 01-20-12, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Bullet Train" -- 1/20/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a mission in Japan becomes a hostage situation, Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Chuck (Zachary Levi) must face the merciless Nicholas Quinn (guest star Angus Macfadyen, "Braveheart") aboard a speeding Japanese bullet train. Meanwhile, the mission leaves Casey with an impossible decision. Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence.

Episode 11 of 13

Next week is the 2 hour series finale (2 eps back to back)
Old 01-20-12, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Bullet Train" -- 1/20/12

The "flash cards" scene was idiotic. Couldn't she just shut her eyes?

I would have accepted it if this had been done to her:

Old 01-20-12, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocShemp

I would have accepted it if this had been done to her:
It's also unrealistic to think they wouldn't be able to get data over their phones. Then again, I don't even know how Quinn knew he should sabotage the train's internet connection.
Old 01-20-12, 08:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I missed the episode tonight due to the Directv fight with Boston NBC channel. Does anyone know where I can see it? Checkd hulu , NBC.com and amazon and they don't have any from this season.
Old 01-20-12, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Thought the same thing.

As much as I've complained about Jeff and Lester, I thought tonight was actually pretty well done, although I think it's crazy how in the beginning, Chuck's goal was to keep everyone he loved/in his life away from danger and now everyone not only knows, but is involved.

Still tremendously sad to see this show saying goodbye.
Old 01-20-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The flash card thing doesn't bother me, one way or another that was going to happen whether they show it being forced with other devices or not.

I guess my prediction from last week came true about Sarah's memory, although I still think everything will end up happily ever after.

I really liked Jeff and Lester tonight as well, and it was pretty funny seeing them all loaded up with Casey's weapons and the ridiculous fire power they had. I kept thinking they would just be knocked out again in Castle like last week though.
Old 01-20-12, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Also, I wish they just set up Quinn to be the big bad for most of the season rather then have him show up at the end. It would have made some more sense having him pulling strings to obtain the intersect or something rather then the brevity of Shaw and Decker. I think it would have made the rush to the last episode a bit more impactful.
Old 01-21-12, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
I missed the episode tonight due to the Directv fight with Boston NBC channel. Does anyone know where I can see it? Checkd hulu , NBC.com and amazon and they don't have any from this season.
That's what I want to know. My digital cable box decided to give up the ghost tonight after it heard I called the cable company for a replacement tomorrow so I missed it and Fringe (damn Hulu making me wait a week) and while I read the recap on NBC.com I'm shocked they're not putting the shows up on Hulu like they usually did.
Old 01-21-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All in all I liked the episode but it was dark and did get a little ridiculous with the flash cards. Major bummer next week is it. Realized my son is taking his Chuck seasons with him when he goes for ARMY training this summer so I'm picking up my own sets.
Old 01-22-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Ben Browder!

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
I think it's crazy how in the beginning, Chuck's goal was to keep everyone he loved/in his life away from danger and now everyone not only knows, but is involved.
Big Mike still doesn't know.
Old 01-22-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Ben Browder!

Big Mike still doesn't know.
He would be an actual asset though
Old 01-22-12, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I gotta believe it all ends happily ever after, but damn what a downer episode. As goofy as the flash card scene was, Strahovski nailed it. She was equally amazing kicking ass in the train car when Chuck was cuffed.

I agree that McFayden should have been the big bad all season. He's been great. So Hamill was a one-off? I could have sworn he signed on for more than that. I've been expecting him to turn up each episode.
Old 01-23-12, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I gotta believe it all ends happily ever after, but damn what a downer episode. As goofy as the flash card scene was, Strahovski nailed it. She was equally amazing kicking ass in the train car when Chuck was cuffed.

I agree that McFayden should have been the big bad all season. He's been great. So Hamill was a one-off? I could have sworn he signed on for more than that. I've been expecting him to turn up each episode.
I'm betting the picture Chuck drew of them is what brings her memory back. Ta-da... head off to live happily ever.
Old 01-23-12, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I'm betting the picture Chuck drew of them is what brings her memory back. Ta-da... head off to live happily ever.
My thoughts as well. I hope things all end well... Chuck has been a huge cliche for all 5 seasons (and I mean that in a good way) -- so I hope it doesn't turn dark or depressing between Chuck and Sarah.
Old 01-23-12, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think she is going to have to rediscover her love for him. I hope they don't do the "magically" returned memory.
Old 01-23-12, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Judremy
I think she is going to have to rediscover her love for him. I hope they don't do the "magically" returned memory.
I agree.

I wonder if her playing McFayden is feasible? i.e. she hasn't lost her memory, she's just such a badass spy, she convinced him so she could earn her freedom that way.
Old 01-24-12, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man what a bummer of an episode. It doesn't help that I'm engaged to be married and to just think that me or my bride to be would lose all our recollection of each other it just so horrible.

I hope she gets her memory back... rediscovering her love for him, while nice... would completely debilitate their relationship and would end on a very bitter sweet note, where as Chuck is anything but bitter sweet.

I can't believe the show is over next week. It's been a great ride and I'm happy NBC let it go as long as it has.
Old 01-24-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I hope she gets her memory back... rediscovering her love for him, while nice... would completely debilitate their relationship and would end on a very bitter sweet note, where as Chuck is anything but bitter sweet.
I agree. Having Chuck and Sarah starting over again from square one would be completely throwing away everything they've spent 5 years building. I really can't imagine the writers trying to pull something like that in the series finale.
Old 01-24-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

BTW, what was the opening title sequence a nod to?
Old 01-24-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For what it's worth, IGN had a nice article about the finale and Adam Baldwin stated - when asked about a happy or sad ending...

Spoiler:
"It's a comedy - what do you think?"
Old 01-24-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Losing her memory would sound too much like that new Rachel McAdams-Channing Tatum movie.

Wow, I just got a horrific thought of a clip-show finale. I know they wouldn't do that to us but...
Old 01-24-12, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
. Chuck has been a huge cliche for all 5 seasons (and I mean that in a good way) -- so I hope it doesn't turn dark or depressing between Chuck and Sarah.
The whole Shaw turning on Sarah and Chuck shooting him on the bridge was a bit non-cliched .......
Old 01-24-12, 07:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

so question on this intersect... is it bad/corrupted, causing memory loss? or is it because Chuck is 'special' and hence it didnt affect him the same way?

Here's hoping that they find a way for Chuck to get the intersect back in the finale.
Old 01-24-12, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyx
so question on this intersect... is it bad/corrupted, causing memory loss? or is it because Chuck is 'special' and hence it didnt affect him the same way?

Here's hoping that they find a way for Chuck to get the intersect back in the finale.
I believe this version of the Intersect was a corrupted file.

The flash cards scene didn't bother me as much as some of you.

I really enjoyed the moments with Chuck and Sarah in the train and talking about their future/kids etc. They always manage to have really sweet and tender moments between them. I hope it ends well for both of them next Friday.

at Jeff and Lester saving the day. I loved Casey's reaction when Lester picked up the cell phone.
Old 01-24-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
The whole Shaw turning on Sarah and Chuck shooting him on the bridge was a bit non-cliched .......
Didn't Chuck shoot him with a tranquilizer though? Chuck has never shot anyone with a real bullet, has he?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.