Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: South Pacific -- "Loyalties Will Be Broken" -- Season Finale, Sunday 12/18

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Soul Survivor?
Albert
3.03%
Brandon
0%
Coach
12.12%
The Cowboy guy
9.09%
Ozzy
39.39%
Sophie
30.30%
God
6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: South Pacific -- "Loyalties Will Be Broken" -- Season Finale, Sunday 12/18

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- "Loyalties Will Be Broken" -- Season Finale, Sunday 12

Not to mention they ignored the whole period where Brandon felt Mikayla was tempting him and they never even brought it up to ask him why he thought way or what she thought of it.

Totally tried to do a cover up.
Old 12-19-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- "Loyalties Will Be Broken" -- Season Finale, Sunday 12

If they were trying to "cover it up", why the hell would they have focused 2 or 3 episodes on it?

Choosing not to mention it during the reunion is no different than the numerous other things that happened during the season that they chose not to mention. That does not = cover up.
Old 12-19-11, 12:45 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts

They didn't even say anything to Mikayla at the reunion... if they did I missed it.
Old 12-19-11, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Exactly.

Was refreshing to see Edna congratulate the Final 3, then turn to the jury and say "hey, we were duped, get over it."
Really though she should have took a time machine and said it to any number of past seasons jurors. I thought Ozzys doucey speech aside most of the questions seemed pretty reasonable and were aypically observational critiques compared to past occurences of people just taking random pot shots.
Old 12-19-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Remember when Jeff would make it a point to ask a question of every cast member during the reunion show? I guess it's become more difficult since the number of competitors has increased, plus the fact that really no one cares about the people that get voted out early.
Old 12-19-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I admit I was only half-watching through most of the reunion show, but I'm pretty sure they didn't mention the whole Keith/Whitney situation at all. They both seem terribly boring, but didn't I read that she was "secretly married" when she came on the show but was all over Keith's nuts on the island and then left her husband once she came home?
Old 12-19-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, Jeff did mention that Keith and Whitney are now a couple and that Whitney was already in a relationship when the show started. No mention of her being married though.
Old 12-19-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by windom
Remember when Jeff would make it a point to ask a question of every cast member during the reunion show? I guess it's become more difficult since the number of competitors has increased, plus the fact that really no one cares about the people that get voted out early.
There are still the same amount of cast members but you didn't see them asking players uncles sitting in the audience about the game or allowing some douchebag who Eric Bischoff/Jeff Probst wishes he was friends with in high school get 10 minutes to ramble on about nature and answer stupid questions from random kids in the audience before he became a Producer.

Not only did they skip a bunch of early boots but they didn't even address 2 players who actually made the final 5.
Old 12-20-11, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In terms of this One World (or whatever they're calling it), I wonder if it is Jeff, et al., trying to engineer out the boredom of the post merge dominant tribe picks off the minority tribe one by one.

Jeff is so hellbent on making everything sound so dramatic, that what still remains one of my favorite moments of this season was Jeff trying to build up the tribal where Cochoran was voted out and asking Sophie if this was one of the most surprising and enlightening tribals thus far and she just deadpans "'No", and Jeff goes into his "Really?" routine.... It's not quite in the same league as "next week on one of the most shocking and memorable episodes of Hell's Kitchen...", but Jeff is quickly approaching that mentality in terms of trying to build up every tribal or immunity challenge as THE million dollar one.

Perhaps with folks being in the same location (and presumably having some social interaction), the tribes and alliances won't be so entrenched along tribal lines when the merge comes around. I wonder if they should consider bringing back the early tribe shakeups so it's not simply find a core of five people, make a pact within the first few days and ride it out...
Old 12-20-11, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know who the real winner of this season of survivor is? God.
Old 12-20-11, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
There are still the same amount of cast members but you didn't see them asking players uncles sitting in the audience about the game or allowing some douchebag who Eric Bischoff/Jeff Probst wishes he was friends with in high school get 10 minutes to ramble on about nature and answer stupid questions from random kids in the audience before he became a Producer.

Not only did they skip a bunch of early boots but they didn't even address 2 players who actually made the final 5.
They also used to end the main episode on time. Now the reunion always gets shorted. Not necessarily a bad thing, of course.
Old 12-20-11, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mytzplyx
You know who the real winner of this season of survivor is? God.
Nope. As mentioned earlier, he clearly lost.
Old 12-20-11, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

When they started the promo for next season, and Jeff's voice over noted specifically "Americans" being a part of the show over the past seasons, I thought they might be going international with the casting. Then they called it "One World." While it probably just refers to the camp set-up, it makes me wonder.
Old 12-20-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
When they started the promo for next season, and Jeff's voice over noted specifically "Americans" being a part of the show over the past seasons, I thought they might be going international with the casting. Then they called it "One World." While it probably just refers to the camp set-up, it makes me wonder.
That's EXACTLY what I thought, and I actually think that'd be a pretty cool idea. Even some language barrier would be interesting (though they'd have to obviously speak English pretty well), and the culture differences would add a nice element too.
Old 12-20-11, 08:46 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
That's EXACTLY what I thought, and I actually think that'd be a pretty cool idea. Even some language barrier would be interesting (though they'd have to obviously speak English pretty well), and the culture differences would add a nice element too.
I've wanted someone to do this for awhile after seeing Amazing Race Asia, where they had teams from all over Asia (speaking English!)... whether on Survivor or Amazing Race. There are enough English-speaking countries to represent a nice cross section of the Earth without the worry about a language barrier... Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, most of the Caribbean; and places where it is widely spoken such as South Africa, India, Pakistan, half of Africa. Not to mention the fact there are many fluent English speakers in countries where it isn't the official language.
Old 12-20-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Sophie was a deserving winner, but I REALLY wanted to see Ozzy win it. And I must say it was quite humorous to see Sophie so scared to death of Ozzy. She was literally shaking during the challenges because she was so nervous about Ozzy. And of course when she commanded Albert to basically give up that one challenge for himself and pick up her blocks just to try and keep Ozzy from winning, funny stuff.

Found it strange that they didn't do the tribute to the other fallen Survivors bit during the finale that was a staple of the show.
Old 12-20-11, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Found it strange that they didn't do the tribute to the other fallen Survivors bit during the finale that was a staple of the show.
I thought that strange, too, but I think it's because Redemption Island put 5 people in the game on Sunday night instead of the usual four. So they had to fit in an extra tribal council, thus cutting the walk of shame...er tribute.
Old 12-20-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Actually, (according to Wikipedia) it looks like they only had 16 players per season until season 9 when they went to 18 players. They've varied between 16, 18, and 20 players since then. This season had 18 players. I think that Jeff has stated that they've needed to increase the number of players because it has become more likely for people to quit the game now.
Old 12-20-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
In terms of this One World (or whatever they're calling it), I wonder if it is Jeff, et al., trying to engineer out the boredom of the post merge dominant tribe picks off the minority tribe one by one.
In one of these threads a few years ago I though a great way to shake the show up would be to have both tribes living with each other. The reason I wanted to see something like that was so we'd have less of a tribal lines kind of deal.

I didn't see the preview but did they specifically say it would be two tribes? I'd like to see the go back to the Racist Island idea and have 4 tribes, all living together.
Old 12-20-11, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler on the tribe division for One World:
Spoiler:
This is what I read a month or so back when I first read of the One World concept. Since it would be difficult for viewers (and players?) to keep track of who is on what tribe, one tribe will be all males and the other will be all females.
Old 12-20-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Perhaps with folks being in the same location (and presumably having some social interaction), the tribes and alliances won't be so entrenched along tribal lines when the merge comes around. I wonder if they should consider bringing back the early tribe shakeups so it's not simply find a core of five people, make a pact within the first few days and ride it out...
This is the problem with Survivor. Since they stopped mixing the two tribes up, you have one alliance form early and dominate the entire game. This time it was Coach's alliance, last time it was Boston Rob's alliance. They need to throw some new twists into the game in order shake things up. Watching one alliance run the entire competition is boring.
Old 12-20-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Spoiler:
This is what I read a month or so back when I first read of the One World concept. Since it would be difficult for viewers (and players?) to keep track of who is on what tribe, one tribe will be all males and the other will be all females.
Wow. They've never done THAT before.
Old 12-20-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Spoiler:
That would at least encourage interaction between the tribes, especially if
Spoiler:
the women are all slutty
Old 12-20-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Coach has some kind of movie coming out that he's in: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979163/

Not sure how it is being released, but he said it would be out in February 2012.

Also stars Danielle DiLorenzo, another previous Survivor player.
Old 12-21-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Was it me or did they only talk to 4 or 5 of the people at the Reunion? That was bizarre. I see that they also didn't do the fallen Survivor march. Smart move.

to Ozzy not winning.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.