Reload this Page >

Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "To Be Act 2" -- 12/06/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "To Be Act 2" -- 12/06/11

Old 12-07-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "To Be Act 2" -- 12/06/11

Best laugh I've had in weeks in when the CIA stepped in and killed the bust.

Eh, although it doesn't make a lot of sense, it was still an exciting season for the most part.

Now we know how the next season is going to be: Jax keeping the CIA secret, a war with the black gang for Tig running over the daughter of the gangster, and Jax trying to deal with Clay and Opie.

Liked the last shot of Jax and Tara becoming his parents. Although Tara is my LEAST favorite character. Even worse than the masturbating guy with no fingers.
Old 12-07-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Plus, he appreciates the fans of the show.
He appreciates the fans who kiss his ass on Twitter. That's it. The guy has turned to shit and gets ridiculously defensive on Twitter if anybody calls him out on the BS he's written the last couple season. I wish "Otto's" other eye would get ripped out...
Old 12-07-11, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
He appreciates the fans who kiss his ass on Twitter. That's it. The guy has turned to shit and gets ridiculously defensive on Twitter if anybody calls him out on the BS he's written the last couple season. I wish "Otto's" other eye would get ripped out...
Exactly! Sutter loves anyone who kisses his fucking hack ass. But he will flame anyone who disagrees with him. He is anything but appreciative.
Old 12-07-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Have any of you watched Sutter's Youtube show "What the Fuck Sutter?" He's great on there. He talks about the show on there and answers alot of fans questions. He can be a dick, but I like how frank he is.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-07-11 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-07-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved it.

Great finale to a really good season.
Old 12-08-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Loved it.

Great finale to a really good season.
Nice, keep it short and sweet considering the lynch mob here.
Old 12-08-11, 12:44 AM

I liked the finale too. History always repeats itself. I think Clay is one of the better villains on TV. You guys just wanted him to die laying in a hospital bed? That's too easy. He deserved to die but hopefully the continued story will have a much deeper outcome. Too bad most of you won't see it.

I love how people always complain about celebrities (or anyone on twitter) only loving the people that kiss their ass. Doesn't everyone? No one likes criticism. You put a TV show on the air and see how many "Fuck you hack" tweets you'll take before you just say fuck them.

Kurt Sutter is a rarity in the entertainment business. He was luckily given a chance to tell a story that he wanted to tell. He has his vision and am glad that he does it his way.

Yes...I just kissed his ass.
Old 12-08-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great writers say the stories write themselves. There's no fucking way Jax, Opie, Tara, Gemma, Clay, or Potter wrote that fucking ending. In other words: Its not true to the characters. Maybe Sutter does have a vision but he sure does take alot of fuckin' detours getting there.

I mean really: we the audience had no clue that Romeo was CIA until part 1 of the finale? That's hack writing right there.

Last edited by Tom Creo; 12-08-11 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-08-11, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan View Post
Kurt Sutter is a rarity in the entertainment business. He was luckily given a chance to tell a story that he wanted to tell. He has his vision and am glad that he does it his way.

Yes...I just kissed his ass.
Well said. He's so lucky the President of FX likes his vision for the show and let's him run it the way he wants to run it....maybe the catch was giving his wife a job on the show (Stahl) Most networks meddle with popular shows and sometimes run them into the ground. This was SOA's highest rated season ever.

The Irish storyline in season 3 didn't quite work. I didn't think it was as horrible as most in this forum thought it was, but Sutter wanted to try something different, so why the hell not?

Besides the whole CIA twist, which didn't quite, this season was a solid return to form. I agree with what you said, history is repeating itself and Jax is becoming his father. I think episode 14 served as a transitional episode into the next chapter of Jax's life running the MC.
Old 12-08-11, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a certain irony in that Jax wants to leave SAMCRO and live a legit life, but the government is forcing him to stay a criminal. At least that was my first thought. But then Jax tells Tara leaving the club is one thing, but watching it die is another. I'm not so sure he's as much worried about getting some jail time as the death of the club.

The show definitely strikes some wrong notes, but I still enjoy it. I don't want Sutter to do anything other than tell the story he wants to tell. I'll go along for the ride. I read his interview and I accept his reasons for the choices he made. It's not fair to describe Opie as a complete pushover. He went after Clay and got shot by Jax in the process. He's not done, though Jax's repeated pleading to take a measured approach is wearing a little better with the passage of time. Their fates are intertwined. It's not over, though.
Old 12-08-11, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Also, you can say that Kurt Sutter is a hack and is a shitty writer/bad showrunner whatever. But, the guy takes risks whether they are good or bad and he's a fucking talented TV writer IMO...probably one of the best. Plus, he appreciates the fans of the show. Honestly, after Sons of Anarchy ends, I can't see Sutter pitching a show to the Big 4 networks. He would be handicapped big time creatively and seeing his personality on his Youtube channel and in interviews, he would go crazy. He will probably stay on cable the rest of his TV career.
This episode was a near perfect illustration of quite the opposite of taking risks.
Old 12-08-11, 10:37 AM

If they were going to pull the CIA angle I wouldn't have done both Romeo and Ass-e-veda. That's too pat of an answer. Let it be one of them, or someone on the periphery, that has infiltrated the Cartel to sow discontent and mayhem between the various cartels. The mole could have contacted Potter, or better yet have their Augie (handler) do the contacting to call off the raid. Then there could have been a spin off show around Mexican cartels.
Old 12-08-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 676 Likes on 485 Posts

Meh. I actually enjoyed this season after the clusterfuck that was last season, but this just left me feeling cheated. The CIA reveal was hilariously bad. Didn't someone in one of these threads theorize that one of the cartel guys might be a fed or working behind the scenes some how?
Old 12-08-11, 11:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

So what are the ramifications, now, of Otto snitching on the club? Back burnered until the Irish are taken down? If they are taken down? Does Bobby stay in lock-up?

Thos.
Old 12-08-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
Then there could have been a spin off show around Mexican cartels.
They can't properly control the one they already have.
Old 12-08-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

here I was thinking CIA stood for central intelligence agency when in reality it means deus ex machina
Old 12-08-11, 02:40 PM
FuQ

The last, overly dramatic shots of everyone staring at each other is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. How did they not laugh while editing it. Hilarious. I like this show but it is just a ridiculous over-the-top entertainment. I think people take television much too seriously. It's entertainment.
Old 12-08-11, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I take my time seriously. If I felt I've wasted it, I'm pissed.
Old 12-08-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 290 Likes on 206 Posts

I LOVE how everyone hated this - and I pretty much agree. I have to say though, it's still been far more entertaining than that fucking abortion of a show, The Walking Dead.
Old 12-08-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FuQ View Post
The last, overly dramatic shots of everyone staring at each other is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. How did they not laugh while editing it. Hilarious. I like this show but it is just a ridiculous over-the-top entertainment. I think people take television much too seriously. It's entertainment.
That's all well and good, but does it have to be stupid entertainment? The way they have been writing this shit is fairly insulting to the intelligence of the viewer.
Old 12-08-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Someone always has to bring The Walking Dead into the conversation.
Old 12-08-11, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wish they put more thought into creating viable , cool prospect characters.
Going from Half Sack, who was very credible as a potential member, to the scrub league of a guy whose Indian name would be "Fat man who eats cereal", takes me out of the entertainment aspect of the show.

I can buy into an intelligent doctor who does not see the likelihood of a man who has been a violent criminal all his adult life going civilian very slim, because she can be blinded by love and has a violent streak as well. Based on Jax's interaction with the cop at the gas station in "hands" he has no frame of reference for peaceful life. All it will take is one overly long line at a movie theatre and him yelling "jesus christ. what the fuck already", then someone telling him to chill and him beating them over the head with a garbage can to end his trouble free days.

i cannot buy a club that sweeps their clubhouse for bugs, being okay with juice unaccounted for, over lengthy and numerous time periods. A treasurer/secretary being somewhere unknown, and moving ahead with a gun sale is not in line with smart crook's behavior.

I don't think it is a bad show, and will keep watching because it can be compelling tv when done correctly, but i do think inconsistent writing and poor or strange character continuity will keep pulling me out of my enjoyment and bitching and moaning sometimes.

i wonder if there is a master end game where Jax ends up dead, and Opie is the one who kills him, thus repeating the cycle. Jax does have two sons, like John Teller, wants out but got pulled back in, and is as emo as his old man.

since they seem so intent to push the "history repeats itself" idea, i hope that Tara buys a parrot next season.
Old 12-08-11, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's face facts, this show is a soap opera. Nothing more, nothing less. It's mindless entertainment. From day one, this show has defied all logic and reason. I half expect John Teller to eventually show up alive and well. I fully expect to see evil twins and just about every other soap opera-ish contrivance imaginable. That final scene stare-down between Gemma and Tara was classic soap opera styling.
Old 12-08-11, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
i cannot buy a club that sweeps their clubhouse for bugs, being okay with juice unaccounted for, over lengthy and numerous time periods. A treasurer/secretary being somewhere unknown, and moving ahead with a gun sale is not in line with smart crook's behavior.

I don't think it is a bad show, and will keep watching because it can be compelling tv when done correctly, but i do think inconsistent writing and poor or strange character continuity will keep pulling me out of my enjoyment and bitching and moaning sometimes.

It's also a club that outsmarted the Feds in season 2/3, setup the Russians this year and then when convenient and in need of mindless entertainment and contrived storylines, Sutter turns a bunch of them into mindless idiots.

Forget just Juice being unaccounted for - that could almost be explained away as him having personal issues after the shooting over the missing kilo, which people don't realize wasn't self defense. Bobby has been missing for at least 2 days. No Sack (Opie) has been missing for 2 days after telling the club he was going to check on Piney. This isn't just a random two days either, they had a major meeting with the Irish/Cartel, are at war with the Niners and have a church meeting where Jax takes over the presidency. Tigs, Chibs, Juice aren't wondering why the whole club isn't at the table or been around the last few days?

Sutter has traded character and storyline development for shock value, action, crazy storylines (the random Irish baby factory scene?) and contrived/poorly designed twists. The show is still entertaining but it is a shell of the quality it was in season 1 and a good chunk of season 2.
Old 12-08-11, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
Based on Jax's interaction with the cop at the gas station in "hands" he has no frame of reference for peaceful life. All it will take is one overly long line at a movie theatre and him yelling "jesus christ. what the fuck already", then someone telling him to chill and him beating them over the head with a garbage can to end his trouble free days.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.