TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter -- "Ricochet Rabbit" -- 12/04/11

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 02:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Ricochet Rabbit" -- 12/04/11

Originally Posted by Ozie
I know this from simply watching the show. Show me ONE scene where any of the average actors I listed have done something to captivate you with their "amazing" acting. They have no facial expressions whatsoever, Anderson being one of the worst. If no one is remotely caring about their sub plots; then you got yourself a bunch of below-average actors who do not have more than one facial expression, originality, or character. It doesn't take a producer to see that this show has weak side characters.

The racial balance thing is true for 99% of the shows and movies nowadays. I am all for it as long as the characters fit the in some way. But don't just put an array of different races in the show just so an audience from a different ethnicity doesn't get offended. "Ok everyone. We have to appeal to our Eskimo viewers as well, so next season we are going to be introducing Nantuk who has no more than two facial expressions, but he will help us appeal to the Eskimo audience and gain more Eskimo viewers!" I am not racist by any means and I am a minority on top of that. But I don't like it when a good show gets polluted for the sake of mass appeal.

Btw I never said Colin Hanks was a great actor. He is better than the rest of the thrash though. I just pointed out the fact that his character has more depth than before. Who doesn't love a schizophrenic villain? :P
Wow, you are a racist.

I hope you know this. Somehow, I suspect that you do.
Old 12-10-11, 02:05 AM

I like how David Zayas (Angel) "Doesn't look like he should be working at a Police station."

Five seconds of Google action and you'll learn that he was an Officer for the NYPD after serving in the U.S Air Force.
Old 12-10-11, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if anyone doesn't look like they should be working at a police station it's Deb.
Old 12-10-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

It's a fictionalized TV program - not based on reality. It's escapism for me. I enjoy it, and don't sit there and nit-pick over it. Every season has been good for me.
Old 12-10-11, 01:22 PM

It looks like the spoilers posted for the next episode are not true. On the one hand, I'm happy that the episode is no longer ruined for me. On the other hand, had they been true, it would've been a great turning point for the show. Oh well.
Old 12-10-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

I like how that guy said that the show is unrealistically diverse when it takes place in fucking Miami.
Old 12-10-11, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by mickey65
It's a fictionalized TV program - not based on reality. It's escapism for me. I enjoy it, and don't sit there and nit-pick over it. Every season has been good for me.
Thank you.

It's an hour out of your boring lives. Don't make a college thesis over every ep.
Old 12-10-11, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stopgap
Thank you.

It's an hour out of your boring lives. Don't make a college thesis over every ep.
Yeah, just turn off your brain and enjoy it!

I love this argument. It's basically someone admitting that the show is shit and that you have to lower your standards to enjoy it.
Old 12-10-11, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo

I love this argument. It's basically someone admitting that the show is shit and that you have to lower your standards to enjoy it.
Agreed.
Old 12-11-11, 12:06 AM

lol...

Yeah I agree the writing is a little sloppier this season. But along with the loose writing comes a more entertaining show imo. I'd definitely rank it higher than last season. I've enjoyed every season but last season it felt like they were running on fumes. This season is a breath of fresh air if you ask me, even though it's a little rough around the edges.

Didn't Dexter make a dangerous phone call last season as well? Not sure but of course these things aren't unprecedented.

The cinematography this week even looked sub-standard by Dexter standards.
Old 12-11-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Yeah, that's totally it . The show is fiction with some elements of realism to it, it's not like they've ever made the series out to be more than that. People just read too much into things and over-analyze things to death it seems like sometimes. I'm not saying shows need to be entirely dumbed down to enjoy and I like elements of realism but also understand that for a show like this to work it can't really be totally realistic. Sometimes you just have to enjoy a show for what it is, entertainment. If you want a real show about a serial killer go find a documentary or something.
Old 12-11-11, 01:25 AM

I have no qualms with that. It's only 60 minutes of my life. View and move on. Maybe make some comments about that latest ep.

It's ironic how you claim to be such an elitest when you are basically just sitting on your ass watching the 'boob-tube'.

Great achievement.

I digress.
Old 12-11-11, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
Yeah, Dexter isn't really a "realistic" experience. You sort of have to suspend disbelief when you're watching it. It's sort of funny when you really think about it, how you have Dexter basically undermining the police and killing and disappearing almost every murderer. When LaGuerta was ragging on Deb about all of the unsolved cases, you sort of wonder if the homicide division ever arrests anyone or if they all end up on Dexter's table.

My biggest kvetch about it is that Dexter makes a lot of really stupid, risky moves, and I'd really like to watch him be more clever about the way he goes about things.
Old 01-07-12, 11:21 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Groucho
I can believe that Colin Hanks didn't understand what was going on. I'm pretty sure that guy's in a coma, or at the very least sleepwalking all the time.
I couldn't agree more.