Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

Every time someone bumps this thread I think it will be news of someone's death on the show.
Old 11-07-17, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 11-23-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I may start going on these auctions...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-just-500.html

A lucky bargain hunter who bought a storage unit for $500 opened it up to find a safe containing $7.5million inside.

The find was revealed by Storage Wars TV show star Dan Dotson and his wife Laura.

Dan explained that a lady came over to him while at the Cars, Stars and Rock N’ Roll charity auction event in Indio, California, and said she had a story to tell him.

In a video on Twitter Dan explained the lady said: 'My husband works for a guy and he bought a unit from you for $500 (£390) and it had a safe in it.

'The first person that they called to open the safe couldn't, or didn't.

'They called a second person and when that person opened it up ... inside the safe they're normally empty, but this time it wasn't empty. It had $7.5million (£5.8million) cash inside.'
Old 11-23-18, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
I may start going on these auctions...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-just-500.html

A lucky bargain hunter who bought a storage unit for $500 opened it up to find a safe containing $7.5million inside.

The find was revealed by Storage Wars TV show star Dan Dotson and his wife Laura.

Dan explained that a lady came over to him while at the Cars, Stars and Rock N’ Roll charity auction event in Indio, California, and said she had a story to tell him.

In a video on Twitter Dan explained the lady said: 'My husband works for a guy and he bought a unit from you for $500 (£390) and it had a safe in it.

'The first person that they called to open the safe couldn't, or didn't.

'They called a second person and when that person opened it up ... inside the safe they're normally empty, but this time it wasn't empty. It had $7.5million (£5.8million) cash inside.'
Cash huh? Here comes the FBI and IRS...
Old 11-24-18, 12:00 AM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Someone shouldn't have opened their big mouth...
Old 11-24-18, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It sounds more like a story you float in the press for PR.
Old 11-25-18, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

That story would be everywhere if true.
Old 02-12-19, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so is Dave Hester and his crew

Storage wars was actually filmed in 2008 I remember in in 2011 on storage wars watching the movie Dave Hester said if he made a Million Dollors he would take his crew to Alaska Halibut Fishing but in 2008 Dave Hester and his crew came to Anchor Point Alaska and Dave Hester chartered the boat for the Day From Catch A lot Charters and their was one seat left and Dave told the boat Captain you can have anybody you want to fill the seat so I was asked to go and Dave Hester took his crew and I on the most expensive trip Dave wanted to catch a combomination trip catch Halibut, Red Snapper and Link Cod and my nephew was the asst captain on the boat that day I caught the largest Halibut it weight about 250 pounds and the rest of the Halibut caught was around 50pounds apiece but we limited out each person did then we caught trophy class Red snapper and Link Cod it was long trip about 9-12 hours each way depending on the ocean tide and wind so we spend roughly 30 hours on that fishing trip and Dave Hester Lead crew member Dave made is first million off a storage locker full of Resturant Equipment that was in 2008 but in 2011 episodes of storage wars Dave Hester said when I make my first million off a storage locker I am taking my crew to Alaska Halibut fishing so that had to be filmed before 2008 and aired in 2011 so how many years is storage wars movie made before being aired on tv or history channel let us know
Old 02-12-19, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

Welcome new user, have a few of these:

. . . . . . , , , , , , , ,
Old 02-12-19, 08:20 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow
Welcome new user, have a few of these:

. . . . . . , , , , , , , ,
Old 02-13-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Quite the thrill ride for a first post. I look forward to more tales of derring-do.
Old 02-14-19, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: so is Dave Hester and his crew

Originally Posted by Bigjerk
Storage wars was actually filmed in 2008 I remember in in 2011 on storage wars watching the movie Dave Hester said if he made a Million Dollors he would take his crew to Alaska Halibut Fishing but in 2008 Dave Hester and his crew came to Anchor Point Alaska and Dave Hester chartered the boat for the Day From Catch A lot Charters and their was one seat left and Dave told the boat Captain you can have anybody you want to fill the seat so I was asked to go and Dave Hester took his crew and I on the most expensive trip Dave wanted to catch a combomination trip catch Halibut, Red Snapper and Link Cod and my nephew was the asst captain on the boat that day I caught the largest Halibut it weight about 250 pounds and the rest of the Halibut caught was around 50pounds apiece but we limited out each person did then we caught trophy class Red snapper and Link Cod it was long trip about 9-12 hours each way depending on the ocean tide and wind so we spend roughly 30 hours on that fishing trip and Dave Hester Lead crew member Dave made is first million off a storage locker full of Resturant Equipment that was in 2008 but in 2011 episodes of storage wars Dave Hester said when I make my first million off a storage locker I am taking my crew to Alaska Halibut fishing so that had to be filmed before 2008 and aired in 2011 so how many years is storage wars movie made before being aired on tv or history channel let us know
Reality shows like Storage Wars are heavily edited and some of what you see is even staged for the cameras. It's very possible the producers had Dave Hester recreate his line for the cameras.
Old 02-14-19, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yuuuup

Actually, storage wars or any other shows that has storage units auctions just only boost the price of abandoned storage units auctions out of sight and before these programs aired hardly anybody made any money the expense of taking the junk to landfill is not free unless you have a store to move the junk what I consider junk I hardly ever go into a second store anymore I just go to Facebook mdse for sale and I wander how many times these cast been raiding the Salvation Army trash bin
Old 02-16-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope English is not your first language.

Anyway, Rene and Casey won a locker belonging to Mark Wahlberg.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...morabilia.html

Last month he made a surprise cameo on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles.And it looks like a Storage Wars appearance might be in Mark Wahlberg's future, after the 47-year-old actor 'lost' his storage locker due to a probable 'clerical error'.The haul of the Boogie Nights star's personal effects including a host of awards and even furniture, was shown off in a video published Friday by Storage Wars stars Rene and Casey Nezhoda.
Oversight: It looks like a Storage Wars appearance might be in Mark Wahlberg's future, after the 47-year-old actor 'lost' his storage locker due to a probable 'clerical error'
The reality TV couple began by suggesting that due to Wahlberg's vast personal wealth, he was unlikely to have lost the storage locker due to inability to pay the bill.More likely, it was a 'clerical error' involving an overlooked bill.
Old 03-12-19, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Every time someone bumps this thread I think it will be news of someone's death on the show.
Almost...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rt-attack.html

He's known for his bidding skills as a star of Storage Wars.

But Darrell Sheets admitted to fans on Instagram that he's heading into surgery following a 'mild heart attack' on Sunday night.

The 60-year-old reality star revealed that he has congestive heart failure following a three-month illness, and asked for followers to send their prayers while he is in the hospital alongside fiancee Romney Snyder.

Well here we go I wasn’t going to say anything, but you all have been the greatest friends and fans,' he captioned an Instagram post.

'I’ve Been very sick for 3 months and two nights ago I had a mild heart attack,' he continued. 'Found out I have congestive heart failure and a severe issue going on with my lungs.
Old 03-13-19, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Darrell never struck me as the kind of guy taking good care of himself.
Old 04-25-19, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another cast member in the hospital

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/25/stora...ycle-accident/

"Storage Wars" star Barry Weiss is attempting to recover from a really bad motorcycle accident that landed him in the hospital with broken bones and other internal injuries ...

TMZ has learned.Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the incident went down Wednesday around 2:30 PM in the Los Feliz area where he and another friend were each riding bikes.

We're told a car pulled out from a parking space, apparently without looking, and Barry and his friend slammed into the back of the car. Both went down.
Old 09-01-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well in semi-show news, Brandi and Jarrod split up. No official word but their friends on IG have said so, neither is following the other and you never see them mention the other in their IG posts. He's pimping a bar while she appears to be living it up. Of course, that means this gem I've waited nine years for:

Old 09-01-19, 09:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

She looks like an uglier version of Aya Cash.

Old 09-02-19, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I haven't watched in recent years. Is this show still on the air with new episodes? They seem to re-run the old Barry episodes all the time when I am channel surfing.
Old 09-02-19, 06:14 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i haven't seen a new episode for a while

All the spin offs are done too as are similar shows like Auction Hunters and Baggage Battles

Fair to say the genre is dead for now
Old 09-02-19, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I haven't watched in recent years. Is this show still on the air with new episodes? They seem to re-run the old Barry episodes all the time when I am channel surfing.
The last season, 12, ended in January 2019. It's not clear if they're shooting another, but it'd probably premiere in November.

Old 09-02-20, 07:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Never watched this before for some reason.. but 1st season is on Amazon prime, so catching up... been fun reading through these comments.... breezy show before we get some new Fall TV content hopefully in a few weeks...
Old 09-02-20, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
i haven't seen a new episode for a while

All the spin offs are done too as are similar shows like Auction Hunters and Baggage Battles

Fair to say the genre is dead for now
One can get kind of bored with the concept after awhile. I watched a few of them as filler and then it just became fake drama about the people more then what they were finding and I don't care about that at all.
Old 09-06-20, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Only reason to watch:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.