TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-15, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

Originally Posted by Traxan
I am done with the show until they get rid of Mary. I cannot stand that idiot and her spastic way of talking. I don't mind Ivy, although his Michelle Kwan obsession is a bit creepy, and I can tolerate the French German, but Mary is a total buzzkill.
My wife HATES Mary. I purposely tell her she's my favorite on the show just to piss her off.
Old 05-24-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Whatever magic this show once had is gone. They ran it into the ground with two separate spin-offs and very similar competitors on other networks.
Old 05-24-15, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

What similar competitors?

I think they ran it into the ground with the incessant marathons. They totally oversaturated the show. Ditto Duck Dynasty. Phil's comments in that interview came after months of decline due to overexposure and some really obviously fake shows.
Old 05-25-15, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

TruTV had a nearly identical storage auction series that I think got canceled after three seasons. This format has been copied to death in several other venues but with the same format.
Old 05-25-15, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
TruTV had a nearly identical storage auction series that I think got canceled after three seasons. This format has been copied to death in several other venues but with the same format.
I tend to expect to see those guys now show up on Storage Wars one of these days. But I liked Auction Hunters and Storage Hunters as well.

Though Spike just cancelled that show as well as Thrift Hunters.
Old 06-20-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think "huge brawl" is an exaggeration, and if the producers encouraged it, I wonder how real it was. But anyway...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/19/storag...-palm-springs/

A couple of "Storage Wars" stars just got into a massive fight -- with fists, and even a WIFE getting thrown around ... TMZ has learned.

The brawl broke out Friday afternoon while the cast was shooting in Palm Springs. Dan Dotson was holding an auction when according to witnesses ... he missed a bid placed by Mary.

We're told producers asked Dave Hester to tell Dan about the mistake, but Dan initially ignored him. When Dave approached again ... Dan got heated and screamed, "F**k you, David! I'm going to kill you!"

That's when the melee erupted -- we're told Dave punched Dan in the face ... then Dan raked Dave's eye. Dan's wife, Laura, jumped on Dave's back, and then SHE got tossed through the air! Security guards eventually broke it up, and we're told Dave immediately wanted to get back to the auction.

No dice. Producers booted Dave, who we're told was heading to a hospital. Unclear what he hurt in the fight.

Right now, the plan is continue shooting the auction ... sans Dave.

3:00 PM PT -- Producers decided to shut down the shoot after all. We're told Dave's in the ER getting a tetanus shot ... because Laura scratched him.

Last edited by Traxan; 06-20-15 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would have thought Daryl would have taken this opportunity to beat the shit out of Dave with the cover of 'protecting Dan and Laura'.
Old 06-20-15, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Anything to help with the sagging ratings I reckon...
Old 06-20-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I have not seen anything since Dave returned and it sounds even worse. Why am I suppose to care about people buying stuff from storage lockers? I only even watched because I was curious what was inside, not about peoples drama.
Old 06-22-15, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone know the ratings?

Man that Laura has a potty mouth.
Old 06-23-15, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by resinrats
Would have thought Daryl would have taken this opportunity to beat the shit out of Dave with the cover of 'protecting Dan and Laura'.
I don't think Daryl was there. They're not all filmed at the same auctions anymore. There's enough people they now do like every other episode.

As for it being real? I'm going with maybe. We've certainly seen based on what's been on the episodes this could easily be scripted build up, but when I was watching the phone cam footage it seemed like it might be legit.

Will no doubt depend on how its shown on TV.
Old 06-23-15, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I bet that Laura's a good time in the sack. Crazy as a loon.
Old 06-23-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with tig ol' bitties to boot!
Old 06-23-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Laura and Dan seemed to have real animosity against Hester in prior seasons. If that was fake, they are incredible actors.
Old 06-23-15, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phodg
I bet that Laura's a good time in the sack. Crazy as a loon.
Yes
Originally Posted by Tom Creo
with tig ol' bitties to boot!
And YES!
Old 06-23-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Daryl was only contracted for 4 episodes of the currently filming season.
Old 06-23-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

That video seemed real to me. Laura was genuinely pissed there. Hester is a douche and it would have been nice to see him get his ass kicked. I see him every time I go to the swap meet and all he has is junk, pure junk with high prices because people think it might be stuff from the show when it isn't.
Old 06-23-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Laura and Dan seemed to have real animosity against Hester in prior seasons. If that was fake, they are incredible actors.
There's real bad blood between Hester and Dan/Laura from stuff not on the show. When Hester came back, he and Dan almost came to blows in the first or second episode. They bitch back and forth every so often since. Looks like it finally got physical.
Old 06-25-15, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No the animosity is very real. One, they feel Dave tired to screw with their careers when he first did his lawsuit, and then second, don't forget, this really is what everyone does for a living when the cameras aren't rolling and they've all known each other for a long time.

Everyone has always said (including himself) that Hester is a pain in the ass and he'll screw over his competition any way he can. Barry is the only one who was ever exempt from that because he wasn't there to make money the same way everyone else. He's a true collector and usually kept all the goodies for himself and even Hester could appreciate that from him.
Old 06-25-15, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kdogg
There's real bad blood between Hester and Dan/Laura from stuff not on the show. When Hester came back, he and Dan almost came to blows in the first or second episode. They bitch back and forth every so often since. Looks like it finally got physical.
That's also when Dave tried to set up his own auction company (I think he might still have it) so of course that's direct competition with Dan and Laura. But that's why this is one of those shows where you're really not sure where they cross the line from reality to "reality".
Old 06-25-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Plus, don't forget Dan had that aneurism a few months back and almost bought the farm. So you have to think Laura will be super protective of him.

Hester's auction company went nowhere. Honestly, I think this guy has committed career suicide. Dan and Laura's company dominates the OC/IE area. I don't know what auctions he can go to after this.

He's always looking for a fight, too. He and Jarrod had some encounters, too. I don't get it. He doesn't strike me as someone who could handle himself in a fight.
Old 06-27-15, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Traxan
Plus, don't forget Dan had that aneurism a few months back and almost bought the farm. So you have to think Laura will be super protective of him.

Hester's auction company went nowhere. Honestly, I think this guy has committed career suicide. Dan and Laura's company dominates the OC/IE area. I don't know what auctions he can go to after this.

He's always looking for a fight, too. He and Jarrod had some encounters, too. I don't get it. He doesn't strike me as someone who could handle himself in a fight.
He's looking for someone to take a swing at him so he can sue, plain and simple. He's pulling a Westboro.
Old 08-17-15, 02:25 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, if you thought Dave Hester's YUUPPP was annoying, you should check out the British version of the show !

There's this woman (and her henpecked poor hubby) and she shouts out 'MINE' when bidding

There's this huge bloke called Heavy D who when he bids shouts out (Very loudly) 'BOOM' , somethings it's a "KING KONG BOOM"

Lastly, there's this guy who things he's Jack the fuckin lad who bids with the line "i'll have a bit of that"

Old 08-17-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I gave up on this show a loooooonnnggg time ago and no chance i would ever check out the UK version. I am a Brit and i know how f'cking annoying some of my fellow Brits can be. Those pictures speak volumes....total scumbags.
Old 08-17-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

None of them could be as annoying as Big Steve from New York.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.