Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

I thought the episode they showed of them being in Northern California was a joke. They showed all of them riding around in San Francisco to go to a storage auction - located in the East Bay (25 minutes away) in Hayward, CA. You do NOT drive thru SF to get to Hayward!

I guess SF didn't have any good auctions, if they had to go clear out to Hayward for one!

(I used to live in Hayward, BTW)
Old 01-26-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65
I thought the episode they showed of them being in Northern California was a joke. They showed all of them riding around in San Francisco to go to a storage auction - located in the East Bay (25 minutes away) in Hayward, CA. You do NOT drive thru SF to get to Hayward!

I guess SF didn't have any good auctions, if they had to go clear out to Hayward for one!

(I used to live in Hayward, BTW)
If they said they were in Hayward nobody would no where the hell that is. They had to show San Francisco shots to give people who don't live around in NorCal like I do a sense of where they are.

That also could have been footage from them going to an auction in Frisco but it's very possible that nothing was found (since it's been stated they go to various auctions and only the best are aired).
Old 01-27-12, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

This is pretty much the only reality show i actually like. Barry makes it worth viewing alone. I don't mind if they shake things up and lose Hester. I wonder what happened to Mark Balelo? They could bring him more into the fold. He seems a bit of a jerk which could be good for the show.

I have to admit that i find Jared is a loser, but Brandy is not bad. Kinda hot as well. How did he pull her?

I always wondered how much they got paid per episode for this. At the end of the day they are really losing nothing at all when buying these lockers if they are getting paid this amount. I am sure there is a hell of a lot of film taken of them where there are lockers with zero in them worth talking about.

On a side note, that Storage show on Spike with Alan and Ton is a real waste of time. I find both guys full of their own importance and everything feels so staged. The fact that they deal big in guns and always seem to coincidentally find something to shoot or blow up or ride seems complete BS.
Old 01-27-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
On a side note, that Storage show on Spike with Alan and Ton is a real waste of time. I find both guys full of their own importance and everything feels so staged. The fact that they deal big in guns and always seem to coincidentally find something to shoot or blow up or ride seems complete BS.
That's a completely different type of show. I actually like Auction Hunters for its own merits. Those guys seem to know there crap and you don't see them getting into ridiculous bidding wars. Sure it's staged as hell, but still a fun watch for me at least.
Old 01-27-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
If they said they were in Hayward nobody would no where the hell that is. They had to show San Francisco shots to give people who don't live around in NorCal like I do a sense of where they are.

That also could have been footage from them going to an auction in Frisco but it's very possible that nothing was found (since it's been stated they go to various auctions and only the best are aired).
Agreed. I lived in San Mateo and knew Hayward was nowhere near SF, but Hayward is also a shithole. SF is scenic, which is what the audience would want. It was much more amusing to watch Jarred and Brandi driving down Lombard St. than to see them riding through a nasty portion of Hayward looking for the exit.
Old 01-27-12, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a waste of time to go all the way up to SF to make a paltry amount on a locker. In this case, they scored big but that's unusual.

Hester must be in financial trouble if he didn't go after those desks. Maybe he's under water on all of those disco lights and 40,000 books he bought.
Old 01-27-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114
Seems like a waste of time to go all the way up to SF to make a paltry amount on a locker. In this case, they scored big but that's unusual.
It could've been producer-driven. They may have gotten some sort of bonus to go up there, since a change of scenery makes for good TV (although the storage places themselves don't look too different).

Hester must be in financial trouble if he didn't go after those desks. Maybe he's under water on all of those disco lights and 40,000 books he bought.
He claimed that his reasoning was that office equipment just isn't selling right now due to all the downsizing. He may be basing this on how stock he already has is performing.
Old 01-27-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
It seems hard to guess what each guy should make since it sounds like any guess at production costs for the show and what kind of revenue it takes in are completely blind guesses.
So...Kind of like the buyers pulling dollar amounts out of their asses for the items in their lockers?

Hell, If Dave can guess that he's going to make $17,000 on a stack of old books I say we can make guesses on production costs.
Old 01-28-12, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
Agreed. I lived in San Mateo and knew Hayward was nowhere near SF, but Hayward is also a shithole. SF is scenic, which is what the audience would want. It was much more amusing to watch Jarred and Brandi driving down Lombard St. than to see them riding through a nasty portion of Hayward looking for the exit.
That reminds me of something funny I've noticed about these episodes : Dan or Laura will say where the auction is being held at the beginning of the episode and then give some reason why that location suggests that there might be good stuff in these locker. "Today we're going to Compton. The high murder rate and rampant crime makes these lockers cheap to rent, so we might get some high-volume lockers here. And you never know when you might find a recently deceased drug lord or pimp's locker".
Old 01-28-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
So...Kind of like the buyers pulling dollar amounts out of their asses for the items in their lockers?

Hell, If Dave can guess that he's going to make $17,000 on a stack of old books I say we can make guesses on production costs.
Not really, because at least those guys have experience with hundreds of purchases over the years and recognize items, own stores and know what sells for how much, etc. Unless you've worked on dozens of shows and know how much they cost to produce
Old 01-28-12, 04:00 PM

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
That reminds me of something funny I've noticed about these episodes : Dan or Laura will say where the auction is being held at the beginning of the episode and then give some reason why that location suggests that there might be good stuff in these locker. "Today we're going to Compton. The high murder rate and rampant crime makes these lockers cheap to rent, so we might get some high-volume lockers here. And you never know when you might find a recently deceased drug lord or pimp's locker".
Too true.
Old 01-28-12, 07:29 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Interesting message board for this show. It's 58 pages long - enjoy!

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....=3200724&st=30
Old 01-30-12, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'm definitley in the minority here as I really like Dave's presence on the show. Hopefully if he does leave they can edit Nabila to be the heel in his place.
Nope he is my favorite on the show other than Barry. If you will notice most of the talk is about Barry and Dave in this thread. That should tell everyone something. Other than Nabila's droopy tits she is worthless; same with the ex stripper yea she has big tits um wow... Jarrod is a d-bag plain and simple.

Dave and Barry make the show the other are just extra's IHMO. Pay the man. Hell pay all of them. I like the show but without Dave, it will not be the same show or as good. It is a competitive business and now everyone thinks they can do it. I don't blame him for being a A-hole to everyone. They are trying to take money from him and making it harder for him to earn.

Last edited by d2cheer; 01-30-12 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-30-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mickey65
Interesting message board for this show. It's 58 pages long - enjoy!

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....=3200724&st=30
Interesting? More like spiteful and nasty. Some pretty vile comments about Brandi. The hell with them.
Old 01-31-12, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chiming in to simply say I watch this some times and the reason I tune in is Barry. They could have a show just about him!!
Old 01-31-12, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Interesting? More like spiteful and nasty. Some pretty vile comments about Brandi. The hell with them.
Agree, I didn't read more than a couple of pages not worth it.
Old 01-31-12, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone see the new tosh.0 ad?

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-...xrs=share_copy

(sorry, can't seem to get the embed to work)
Old 01-31-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope Dave stays. I like the original group. I don't really like Mark or Nabila.
Old 02-01-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000

Did anyone see the new tosh.0 ad?

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-...xrs=share_copy

(sorry, can't seem to get the embed to work)
I was expecting something much funnier from Tosh.0...
Old 02-01-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Brandi is the only reason I watch...

Old 02-01-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Whats with Jared's bald head? It looks like he has hair and isn't balding. Looks like a moron.
Old 02-02-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He likes to give himself the cholo look.

I just saw a Storage Wars game on Facebook. I'll have to try this out.
Old 02-03-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He likes to give himself the cholo look.

I just saw a Storage Wars game on Facebook. I'll have to try this out.
The game's fun. I've already accrued over $500,000.

Dave's got nothing on me!
Old 02-06-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dave Hester on LA TV.

http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/678...th-Dave-Hester
Old 02-09-12, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

I was watching an episode of Storage Hunters on my DVR from a couple of days ago and at the end there is this mystery person and the married couple is asking why is this person here but won't show who it is. Is it possible that Dave Hester is switching shows? A little out there but it just reminded me of WCW when somebody from the WWF appeared on Nitro out of the blue like Lex Luger or something.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.