Old 11-22-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Parenthood -- "Mr. Honesty" -- 11/22/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-11-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
An inappropriate moment at work disrupts Adam (Peter Krause) and Kristina's (Monica Potter) marriage. Meanwhile, Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Byrant) reconnect after clearing up Jabbar's misunderstanding of their relationship. In an attempt to boost his college applications, Drew (Miles Heizer) seeks out extracurricular activities and Amber (Mae Whitman) is uncertain about her future. Also, a meeting with Zoe's boyfriend may jeopardize Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel's (Sam Jaeger) adoption plan. Also starring: Lauren Graham, Max Burkholder, Savannah Paige Rae, Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia and Sarah Ramos.

Episode 10 of 18

Preview:

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1368593" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Looks like a great episode.

FYI, for anyone who is interested. Parenthood season 2 DVD is on sale at Best Buy for $18.99 through tomorrow. I already picked one up yesterday.
Old 11-22-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Parenthood -- "Mr. Honesty" -- 11/22/11

Dear god I hate Christina..
Old 11-22-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not her finest moment. i am hoping it is post baby hormones and she is more willing to talk later.

So i guess since Bug was done with Lux, he was free to knock up the coffee girl.
Old 11-23-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Not her finest moment. i am hoping it is post baby hormones and she is more willing to talk later.

So i guess since Bug was done with Lux, he was free to knock up the coffee girl.
Yeah the entire situation got me to talk about it with my wife (she stopped watching the show in season 1 because she said it was just a bunch of people arguing with each other lol). She said between this episode and the previous ones like the freak out over family night and what not, that it's most likely will be blamed on ppd.
Old 11-23-11, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Congratulations Peter Krause! You know play the dumbest guy on TV!

Christina was being pretty immature and I'm guessing hormones played a huge part, but man Adam sure did text-book-fail on that one. Geez.

Last edited by Gunde; 11-23-11 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-23-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts

I couldn't watch it, the whole "I kissed her" storyline was too manufactured, too cliche, and his stupidity too predictable.
Old 11-24-11, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Her character is circling the drain between this and all the Max stuff. Ugh!

LOL! What an f-ing DOUCHE! Does he really have any rights to that kid? She was going to put the baby up for adoption ANYWAY and suddenly he now wants $30K?

Is there a single story that isn't depressing on this show?! Why no Thanksgiving episode on a show that is all about family?
Old 11-24-11, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did I miss the part where, "In an attempt to boost his college applications, Drew (Miles Heizer) seeks out extracurricular activities"?
Old 11-24-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grenier
Did I miss the part where, "In an attempt to boost his college applications, Drew (Miles Heizer) seeks out extracurricular activities"?
Nope. Unless I just missed it too. Drew wasn't even in the episode. I assume he was having a separate adventure with Haddie.
Old 11-24-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

to Adam for his stupidity and lying to Kristina. I don't blame Kristina for being emotional. She just gave birth to another baby and is in a very volatile state.

But, just to play devil's advocate, if Rebecca was a vengeful bitch, she could probably file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Adam. I could see that as something that would have crossed his mind.

at Bug and Zoe thinking they could play hardball with Joel and Julia for the baby.

I know Amber is just a teenager, but if you choose to move out, you need to be more responsible about managing your money. The fact that she has no clue where her money is going and what bills need to be paid just shows how really immature she is. I was actually getting annoyed when she wouldn't listen to her Mom.