Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter -- "Sin of Omission" -- 11/20/11

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Sin of Omission" -- 11/20/11

^I can see that being a big part of next season. We've always had someone be suspicious of Dexter, it's only a matter of time before they make that person Deb.
Old 11-22-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
With 2 seasons left I can't see getting killed off just yet. She's a big part of the overall story and she'll be tough to replace.
A show without Rita, Astor and Cody would have seemed pretty strange two years ago too. Doakes was a pretty awesome character to kill off too.

I usually avoid these discussions, I like watching Dexter 100% spoiler-free and I only checked into this thread to see if anyone else thought they were setting up Deb's death in the last episode. For what it's worth I was absolutely spoiler-free with Season 4 and had Rita's death figured out 3 or 4 episodes before it happened.

Ultimately I stand by the behind-the-scenes reasons for believing her days may be numbered on the show and I think there's evidence within the show that supports it. She's been specifically targeted by a murderer, she's already been isolated with her own place away from Dexter (which would set the stage for the murder itself and also transition the show to Dexter and Harrison alone in the apartment several episodes before her death) and the whole LT promotion could be a total diversion because it will be even more unexpected for the majority of the audience to have the character take a big step forward with her career only to have her life cut short.

Then you have the symmetry with the Colin Hanks character possibly killing his own sister and I think you have a credible theory.
Old 11-22-11, 06:25 PM

Was anyone else hoping that the hot intern would show up at the club opening as a dancer?

"Hi Masuka. Oh, this? I'm short on rent again."
Old 11-22-11, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Geller is most definitely not real. He would've attacked Dexter if he was real and he didn't because he was chained to the ground. Travis was punishing himself for killing his sister, chaining himself up like the Wolfman.
Yep, after this episode, I think it's blatantly obvious that the Gellar we're seeing is just another personality within Travis and the real Gellar is dead.
Old 11-22-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Another really good episode . Debra and Dexter's relationship is definitely becoming more strained as Dexter is doing his disappearing acts more often and lying to her, but I can't see Deb getting killed off this season. I'm almost certain at this point that the Gellar character isn't real as someone else mentioned I think he would've either confronted Dexter or there would have been some trace of him disappearing from the church.
Old 11-22-11, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
A show without Rita, Astor and Cody would have seemed pretty strange two years ago too. Doakes was a pretty awesome character to kill off too.
I disagree with this. A show without Rita made sense because the show still had Deb as a secondary character. Without Deb there is no one to have a secondary story revolve around. Bautista and Quinn? Not built up enough to be more than third level guys. Laguerta? NO! The only logical thing might be to bring Lumen back and have her do her own thing along with working with Dexter.

I'm not saying it won't happen; just that they'll have a lot to figure out for next season if they do. And also will they really rehash the end to season 4? I imagine a more logical end to Deb's story is her finding out Dexter's secret. We already saw last season that she's willing to let a vigalante walk.
Old 11-22-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I also think that Deb is going to die this season. There are a lot of reasons, some already mentioned here, but for me it's either she dies or knows the truth about Dexter.
To me the over-reaching arc of Dexter is for Deb to eventually figure out what Dexter is. Each year she gets a little closer. They are not going to kill her off.
Old 11-22-11, 09:31 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

For some reason, and I don't know why, but I can see something happening to Quinn before the season is done
Old 11-22-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I also don't think they'd kill Deb off. She's more interesting dead than alive, and they've already done Rita's death, so killing off someone close to Dexter would be re-treading that storyline.

Wonder what's going on with the dead hooker. Pretty obvious that Laguerta is covering someone's ass.
Old 11-22-11, 10:41 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Wonder what's going on with the dead hooker. Pretty obvious that Laguerta is covering someone's ass.
I bet it's her boss.
Old 11-22-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say it's almost certainly Deputy Chief Matthews. It was evidence that he'd been using call girls that she used to blackmail her way into the Captain seat, looks like that's coming back to bite them.
Old 11-22-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
To me the over-reaching arc of Dexter is for Deb to eventually figure out what Dexter is. Each year she gets a little closer. They are not going to kill her off.
This is how I see it, too. That's a story that will have a huge emotional impact. It is THE story that is being told. It wouldn't be the same if Deb was dead and one of the other cops figures out Dexter's secret.
Old 11-22-11, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope they kill off Batista, Quinn, Laguerta and Deb. The new guy is good, Masuka is fun enough. Everyone else needs to go. Also, bring back Aster and Cody too.
Old 11-23-11, 03:08 PM

I'm hoping Lumen makes a return at some point.

I hadn't even considered it could be Matthews that LaGuerta is covering for, but it makes sense.
Old 11-23-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by bdshort
I hadn't even considered it could be Matthews that LaGuerta is covering for, but it makes sense.
I thought it was pretty obvious that it was the guy that used to sit on his couch and talk to a puppet.
Old 11-23-11, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raul3
I also think that Deb is going to die this season. There are a lot of reasons, some already mentioned here, but for me it's either she dies or knows the truth about Dexter.
She's not going to die this season. Deb is obviously going to either be the one who takes Dexter down or the last one he kills before he is caught. How can people have watched the show this long and not understand this?
Old 11-23-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No way will they have Dex kill Deb
Old 11-23-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
She's not going to die this season. Deb is obviously going to either be the one who takes Dexter down or the last one he kills before he is caught. How can people have watched the show this long and not understand this?
Yeah I'd be willing to bet money that neither scenario will ever happen in the course of the series. I'll bump this thread in two years when we know. I'm real petty like that.

I could be wrong about my prediction but I didn't lay my prediction out like an arrogant and condescending douchebag so I'm not too worried about being wrong.
Old 11-23-11, 07:37 PM
Banned

Yeah I'd be willing to bet money that neither scenario will ever happen in the course of the series. I'll bump this thread in two years when we know. I'm real petty like that.

I could be wrong about my prediction but I didn't lay my prediction out like an arrogant and condescending douchebag so I'm not too worried about being wrong.
It's hard not to be condescending to people who lack the mental fortitude to understand basic foreshadowing.

Shall I also bump your asinine comments when Deb is still alive and well at the end of this season? and the next one? and the next one after that?

Hey, I'll bet money as well, if you're not just talking out of your ass.
Old 11-24-11, 12:59 AM

I'm watching the ep right now, but had to pause it and come right away here and post this.

I get Batista for sure. They covered it well here unlike most TV shows where it's the dad/older with the younger sister and he tells him to back the F off, especially cause I work with you dude, and showed the gun there too. That is classic and I'm sure a lot of Dads understand and wanted to do the same thing but he couldn't.

My god, the whole season i've been wanting his Sister to get more air time because she's hot as hell. I'd throw it into her for sure.
Old 11-25-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's hard not to be condescending to people who lack the mental fortitude to understand basic foreshadowing.

Shall I also bump your asinine comments when Deb is still alive and well at the end of this season? and the next one? and the next one after that?

Hey, I'll bet money as well, if you're not just talking out of your ass.
The difference between my prediction and yours is that I didn't insult people who don't agree nor did I treat my prediction as if it is a fact. The fact that you see no difference is the problem.

But yeah you can bump the thread and quote my post where I conceded that I may be wrong as well. I'll look like such an idiot!
Old 11-25-11, 01:16 PM
Banned

The difference between my prediction and yours is that I didn't insult people who don't agree nor did I treat my prediction as if it is a fact. The fact that you see no difference is the problem.

But yeah you can bump the thread and quote my post where I conceded that I may be wrong as well. I'll look like such an idiot!
Aw, sorry I hurt wittle Guru Askew's feelings. Fwiends?
Old 11-25-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting predictions. But yeah, some people need to relax.

To make it more interesting, do you base your predictions thinking that the writers of the show are good or bad?

I said that Deb is either killed or knows about Dexter. I think that you have to leave half your brain at the door while watching th show.
Old 11-26-11, 11:57 AM

Aw, sorry I hurt wittle Guru Askew's feelings. Fwiends?
You do air a sense of arrogance and superiority over others in your posts.

I picked up on the very quickly.
Old 11-26-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Douche with the Dragon Tattoo

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.