Old 11-18-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Business Trip" -- 11/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) go undercover at a Buy More convention to hunt down an assassin whose mission is to take down the new Intersect. Meanwhile, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) must deal with the consequences of having the Intersect. At the Buy More, Jeff (Scott Krinsky) begins to show a very different side of himself. Adam Baldwin, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

Read more: Listings - CHUCK on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1e6V5ef3b

Episode 4 of 13
Old 11-18-11, 11:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Business Trip" -- 11/18/11

I thought it was the best episode of the season, which I'm sure had everything to do with everyone back in their normal roles now that Morgan doesn't have the Intersect.

Casey telling Morgan to start with The Phantom Menace
Old 11-18-11, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Loved this episode. While it was great having everyone back and interesting to see what Decker does, I thought the absolute best part was the Buy More Awards party.

Wait, scratch that. The absolute best part of not only this show, but the series, was watching Lester get arrested. I know it won't last, nor will Jeff's conversion, and the series will end with a Jeffster reunion, but if Lester is gone for a few episodes, I'm eternally grateful for it.
Old 11-19-11, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Really solid episode. I love how they can go from the ridiculously silly stuff like Lester piping exhaust into the break room, to dark and serious like Casey taking out the Viper and her goons without hesitating in order to protect his family.

The Casey-Morgan scenes were great, especially when he gave him the Indiana Jones movies. "No, there's just the three of them."
Old 11-19-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Really solid episode. I love how they can go from the ridiculously silly stuff like Lester piping exhaust into the break room, to dark and serious like Casey taking out the Viper and her goons without hesitating in order to protect his family.
I found the Lester arrest a very interesting development. The final scene with the whole "family" was also interesting. They are definitely rolling to a conclusion.
Old 11-19-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Awesome episode.

Casey taking out the Viper and the group of assassins was badass.

Richard Burgi has been a very cool nemesis to Chuck and the team. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

at Lester trying to poison Jeff with Carbon Monoxide....Loved Sarah stopping and looking puzzled.

at Jeff getting Lester arrested for attempted murder.

I also thought Sarah's speech at the end about family and friends was nice.

If anyone is curious, the next new episode is December 9th and they will run straight through with no more interruptions until the 2 hour series finale.
Old 11-19-11, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Casey
Old 11-20-11, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just realized Viper was Dani from "The Shield". That was bugging me until I finally figure that out.
Old 11-20-11, 12:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The season, while far from over, has been a nice little regenesis, at least in terms of the story line and all the ways they could have gone wrong. Hopefully Chuck will regain the intersect, although I could see that not happening until the finale, a la seasons 2 (with Chuck) and 4 (with Morgan). Wonder how they'll end it up and also if they'll leave any loose ends and end with another cliffhanger, just in case there's life for Chuck on another network. (Although, after all the "will they", "won't they" about being picked up EVERY single season-end/off-season, I'm not sure that everyone involved doesn't just appreciate what it was and move on.)

I'm only for continuing if they're able to keep breathing new life into it. (I don't know that beating Decker could stay interesting for too much longer, or that returning to work for Beckman could be a line for season 6, but their "case for pay" story is working pretty well, so far.)
Old 11-20-11, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The party at the end definitely gave me the "this is the last time this group will be together" feeling.
Old 11-20-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I didnt like the first 2/3 of the episode, but really digged the last third when things got serious. Chuck and Sarah and the bomb scene was very well done dramatically. And Casey at the end
Old 11-26-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

What a fantastic episode! This season is really reminding me of season 2. Sure some plot points feel rushed like season 3, but I also feel like they have been developed more thoughtfully.

I really enjoyed the nerd moments, and how that was brought about by Chuck/Morgan discussion. I also thought the moments of Casey messing with Morgan were great too.

While I feel bad for Morgan concerning Alex, I'm of mixed feelings. Sure he's continually been screwed over by females in his life, so I hope they resolve things. Yet at the same time I hope things aren't that simple.

Bad ass Casey from season 1!!

I hope Jeff doesn't get "fixed". Maybe Jess, Lester and Mike go run a Buy More somewhere else at the end of the series.

Baby yoga.

Nice unexpected cameo by Sarah's old Nerd Herd outfit.
Old 11-26-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone see Captain Awesomes cameo in Community?
Old 11-27-11, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Anyone see Captain Awesomes cameo in Community?
That was him in the old commercial!
Old 11-27-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Okay, I can't seem to find recent Chuck episodes at any of their old haunts – specifically Comcast's "On Demand" service, Hulu, or the NBC website. If I missed it, anybody know where I can catch it?