Old 11-07-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
House -- "The Confession" -- 11/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A well-respected man (Jamie Bamber) collapses mysteriously, and while treating him the team discovers that he has been hiding secrets. His admission of them compromises his chances for recovery. Meanwhile, Chase and Taub rejoin the team, and Taub juggles his work life with raising two infant girls with two different mothers.

The Schlub and the Aussie are back!!!
Old 11-08-11, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: House -- "The Confession" -- 11/07/11

I enjoyed the heck out of this episode. Great interaction between Chase and Adams, a pretty creepy looking scene with the patient and the skin, and a fun ending with a door to Wilson's office
Old 11-08-11, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Great episode. House always works well when the whole cast has a lot of interaction, especially when the mood is lighter as it was here. Great stuff with Taub and his twins, Chase and Foreman had a nice scene near the end where you felt that they really had formed a bond working under House for so long.

Loved Yi's first comment to Taub "I thought you'd be shorter." She was also great at the motel. Her character's style and tone really works well with the material she's given.

The secret panel to Wilson's office was awesome. It might come off as being a TV only kind of occurrence, but I think it's exactly the kind of thing that House would do. Now he's got easier access to his best friend.

I know a lot of people were expecting this season to be the last one (including myself), but the show kinda feels refreshed. Maybe losing Cuddy was the best thing that could have happened. There's still a lot of episodes this season, and way too early to speculate about the future, but I could see a 9th season now.
Old 11-08-11, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found it interesting that they restored the original opening sequence this week once the entire team returned. I was actually getting into the truncated opening they'd be subbing in so far this season.

I had to at the reveal of House's renovations. Now it all makes sense that he was doing it at night so Wilson would be none the wiser.
Old 11-08-11, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing

I know a lot of people were expecting this season to be the last one (including myself), but the show kinda feels refreshed. Maybe losing Cuddy was the best thing that could have happened. There's still a lot of episodes this season, and way too early to speculate about the future, but I could see a 9th season now.
IF the show comes to an end, we probably won't know till January or February.

But with Fox not having many hits...it's possible this gets another Season.
Old 11-08-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has Wilson's office always been that close to House's space at the hospital?
Old 11-08-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
I was thinking about that too. If it WERE that close then Taub's double stroller on Wilson's office's veranda would have been immediately visible through the windows in House's team room.
Old 11-08-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

This was an awesome episode. Good to have the team back. I think Park and Adams are going to fit in perfectly with Chase and Taub. There were alot of great interactions with the team. Chase looks good with the scruff.

Jamie Bamber was a good guest star of the week. The scene where he was screaming and pealing was really intense. It was also good to see Heather Stephens after she disappeared from that ABC show The Forgotten a few years ago.

Loved the secret door to Wilson's office.
Old 11-08-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, great chemistry with the new girls.
Old 11-09-11, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patman
Of course it has. In seasons prior, House would go out onto his balcony, hop over the railing and be on Wilson's balcony. So they have always shared that wall.
Old 11-09-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If they wanted to..this new chemistry could carry this show on for another season if they wanted to do it.
Old 11-09-11, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the wall goes up, where does it go? It's a solid wall so it would have to extend into the space above them. It would have been more believable if it had been a wall that slid open.

As to the patient, he's still a liar. I wonder if the wife will ever find out.
Old 11-09-11, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I was thinking about that too. If it WERE that close then Taub's double stroller on Wilson's office's veranda would have been immediately visible through the windows in House's team room.
Wilson only hid the kids in the stroller on the balcony AFTER House was banging on his door. That's why he took so long to open the door. Wilson wasn't hiding the kids from when House was in the team room, only from when he was inside Wilson's office after he opened the door. Once House left his office, he was going to retrieve the kids.

And it's always been Wilson's office on the other side of the team room wall ever since the show started with this basic layout:

Wilson's Office | Team Room | House's Office