Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- "Cherokee Rose" -- 11/06/11

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- "Cherokee Rose" -- 11/06/11

I agree with the sentiment of needing to wait for the DVD or a marathon. I am having a very hard time getting into waiting a week for a whole bunch more nothing ... I love the premise of the show but it is starting to lose me.

So Lori's pregnant ... that's still not what the doc at the CDC told Rick.

Did Maggie know who the "well walker" was? (I'm thinking "yes.")

"Talking Dead" has the Kill Count at Zombies 1, Humans 0. Good thing they aren't counting viewers.
Old 11-08-11, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I am enjoying it well enough, the only real issue is they need to find the girl now, or last week or before. I can tell it is not really the main point at the point just part of the story.

Shopping list - Make sure you grab at least what you need and than should grab everything else you can get your hands on.
Old 11-08-11, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I would shoot small kids in the face for the last bottle of antibiotics, I think what they were trying to show that this is small-town USA where instead of boarding up the shop the owners left a "take what you need and God bless" sign out front.

What I've learned today is DVDTalkers know way more about the logistics of pulling zombies out of wells then they do about the concept of the honor-system.
Old 11-08-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The honor system is based on, "I'm the only man manning my ma and pa store, and I need to run out for lunch, but I'll leave my store open while I'm gone in case you need anything while I'm gone, and you just go ahead and pay for it." This is, "I'm probably dead. I hope some of the stuff I left behind can help you. Good luck.

It did seem stupid to only take a few bottles of something important like antibiotics when you'll just have to go back and get more. On the other hand, let's ask ourselves this... were the antibiotics in danger where they were? Were the zombies going to take (or destroy) them? Not if there weren't people in the store. And with the exception of the shooting accident, how often would the people on the farm really need antibiotics? Maybe the first time they hit the store, they grabbed some antibiotics, but decided to focus on more immediate needs, like Twinkies and Slim Jims.
Old 11-08-11, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
The honor system is based on, "I'm the only man manning my ma and pa store, and I need to run out for lunch, but I'll leave my store open while I'm gone in case you need anything while I'm gone, and you just go ahead and pay for it." This is, "I'm probably dead. I hope some of the stuff I left behind can help you. Good luck.

It did seem stupid to only take a few bottles of something important like antibiotics when you'll just have to go back and get more. On the other hand, let's ask ourselves this... were the antibiotics in danger where they were? Were the zombies going to take (or destroy) them? Not if there weren't people in the store. And with the exception of the shooting accident, how often would the people on the farm really need antibiotics? Maybe the first time they hit the store, they grabbed some antibiotics, but decided to focus on more immediate needs, like Twinkies and Slim Jims.
I find it oddly convenient that there are no zombies in this town's shopping area but the school is ravaged with them and even the farm has one in their well. I hope this has something to do with the farm storyline and not lazy writing.
Old 11-08-11, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the farm family seemed very by-the-bible-book, it would seem that they took only what was needed when needed so as to leave enough for other survivors.

Also, I would imagine that the lost girl storyline will wrap up with
Spoiler:
the return of Merle
Old 11-08-11, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

People take the "the living are the real walking dead" thing too literally. The title does refer to them, metaphorically, but of course it's referring to the zombies as well.

And yes, I know the eventual discovery from the books.
Old 11-08-11, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
And yes, I know the eventual discovery from the books.
Spoiler:
I don't read the comic, nor do I intend to start, but I wonder about that--why does it matter that everyone is infected? Wouldn't that be better? No longer having to live in fear of getting blood spatter in your eye or bitten? If the bite is survivable, clean it out and go on with your life. And whenever you have a funeral, take a pickaxe to the head of the deceased as part of the ceremony.
Old 11-08-11, 08:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

When the vet told Grimes that he couldn't stay on the farm despite there being plenty of room, I realized that the real monster...is US.
Old 11-08-11, 08:48 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
This show is getting boring.
You can feel Durabont's presence is gone.
I was thinking the same thing last night. I wonder how much script development/filming was completed prior to him leaving.
Old 11-08-11, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I find it oddly convenient that there are no zombies in this town's shopping area but the school is ravaged with them and even the farm has one in their well. I hope this has something to do with the farm storyline and not lazy writing.
Well they sort of explained the school. FEMA had established a makeshift hospital there which is why they went in the first place - to get a respirator. So the zombies congregated there for the "free lunch". We have seen various straggler zombies here and there too. Why do you have a problem with one stumbling across the well hatch and being so fat that he made the cover break and fell in?

And I agree with the "shopping list" defense. Take what you need instead of hoarding. If some other survivors pass through, they may need something from the pharmacy themselves. How would they know to look where you squirreled everything off to not to mention if you yourself end up dead without using it? That people think the "grab everything" makes perfect sense is the greed/out for myself mentality that is ruining this country today.

I didn't read this whole thread - got tired of the griping. Why was this episode called "Cherokee Rose"?
Old 11-08-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was the flower Daryl brought for Sophia's mom. He explained its relation to Indians and the trail of tears.
Old 11-08-11, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a DVDtalk member, you should be well aware of what a massive dong looks like. The average poster in these parts is packing 13"+.
My dong is only 8.5 inches. I'm so embarrassed.
Old 11-08-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
When the vet told Grimes that he couldn't stay on the farm despite there being plenty of room, I realized that the real monster...is US.
Old 11-08-11, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well they sort of explained the school. FEMA had established a makeshift hospital there which is why they went in the first place - to get a respirator. So the zombies congregated there for the "free lunch". We have seen various straggler zombies here and there too. Why do you have a problem with one stumbling across the well hatch and being so fat that he made the cover break and fell in?
You missed my point. I have no issue with the zombies at the school or the one in the well. It is the empty shopping area that I find too convenient.
Old 11-08-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

REPORTED! Please keep your anti-America comments to the politics forum, this is the third week in a row.
Old 11-08-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't find it odd at all. The school had been set up as a rescue station. People would've fled downtown and gone to the school, and that's where things got out of hand.
Old 11-08-11, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this is BFE, not NYC. If there are a bunch of zombies in one place, there probably aren't going to be a ton left somewhere else.
Old 11-08-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't see the big deal about some areas being clear of zombies. It's already established that they move in herds.

It's no more convenient that the freeway they were on being empty when they stopped, or that more zombies haven't made their way to the farm.
Old 11-08-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

It was the flower Daryl brought for Sophia's mom. He explained its relation to Indians and the trail of tears.
Why didn't Daryl just stay there and wait for Sophia to come back, or whoever it was that was staying there? It seemed pretty well established that someone had been there recently, likely Sophia, so why not stick around? If it was safe enough for a defenseless young girl to hide out in, then surely Daryl with his endless stream of arrows would be OK for awhile.
Old 11-08-11, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-08-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bralph
Why didn't Daryl just stay there and wait for Sophia to come back, or whoever it was that was staying there? It seemed pretty well established that someone had been there recently, likely Sophia, so why not stick around? If it was safe enough for a defenseless young girl to hide out in, then surely Daryl with his endless stream of arrows would be OK for awhile.
I think he knew it would be more dramatic if he dragged that plot point out for another damn week.
Old 11-08-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Spoiler:
I don't read the comic, nor do I intend to start, but I wonder about that--why does it matter that everyone is infected? Wouldn't that be better? No longer having to live in fear of getting blood spatter in your eye or bitten? If the bite is survivable, clean it out and go on with your life. And whenever you have a funeral, take a pickaxe to the head of the deceased as part of the ceremony.
Spoiler:
That is basically what they will have to do; although if they all know that yet it is debatable. So far both these two groups do not know everyone is already infected, but I'm sure other groups elsewhere have stumbled over that fact. And the bite is not survivable. Cleaning the wound or taking antibiotics will not save you (although it will likely make you live a bit longer). Once their blood or saliva gets into your blood, you will die.
Old 11-08-11, 01:03 PM

I haven't read the comics, and I'm trying to avoid spoiler tags. I could be completely off here, but I think maybe the main reason they are dragging the missing girl thing out so long is that she'll eventually be dragging her zombie self into the farm yard.

I can see an episode where she takes a bad bite but manages to climb a tree. Dies. Turns. Shambles to Mommy, who is too overjoyed to notice gray skin and the smell of decay. Eats mommy's face.
Old 11-08-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You missed my point. I have no issue with the zombies at the school or the one in the well. It is the empty shopping area that I find too convenient.
Why would the zombies hang around there though if there was no "food"? They seem to migrate to commotion/noise/signs of life. If the shopping area is deserted they'd move on like they did down the backed up highway, no?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.