DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dexter -- "A Horse of a Different Color" -- 10/23/11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/595758-dexter-horse-different-color-10-23-11-a.html)

Shazam 10-24-11 03:03 PM

Re: Dexter -- "A Horse of a Different Color" -- 10/23/11

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10977029)
yasiin bey :mad:

Hey, no need for insults :(

zuffy 10-24-11 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 10977217)
WHen Dexter saw Hanks glowingly watching the swarm fly around I thought he should have instinctively taken some pictures of him as he had the camera on his shoulders and could have snapped a bunch of shots without being noticed.

When Hanks was planking the waitress was he at her house or his own?

I was waiting for Dexter to start snapping but nope. Maybe he don't Miami Metro to know who the Doomsday killer is.

bluetoast 10-24-11 05:25 PM

I really liked this episodes, especially Mos Def and Dexter together. The one minor thing that was nagging at me was that Batista was not at the hospital with Dexter. First, Batista was all about being friends with Dexter in seasons past, and secondly his sister is the babysitter, so there are two connections. Oh and he's good friends with Deb too. Minor thing that might have been overlooked.

actionjackson29 10-24-11 05:43 PM

I didn't understand that scene with Travis glowing at the end. He actually returned to the crime scene and looked that guilty? Is Dexter the only one that noticed him? Seems too early in the season though, you'd think he'd end up on Dexter's table soon. Just an awkward scene maybe he'll just look suspicious and then show up at another crime scene.

CKMorpheus 10-24-11 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29 (Post 10977660)
I didn't understand that scene with Travis glowing at the end. He actually returned to the crime scene and looked that guilty? Is Dexter the only one that noticed him? Seems too early in the season though, you'd think he'd end up on Dexter's table soon. Just an awkward scene maybe he'll just look suspicious and then show up at another crime scene.

Keep in mind Dexter spent plenty of time with Trinity before he got him on the table.

Coral 10-24-11 06:44 PM

Why does it seem that Dexter is the only one who can find a trail of blood? Everyone was there at least 10 minutes before Dexter, but no-one noticed blood on a plant, the ground and on a door handle? Especially when they were in the area putting up police-tape. Worlds worst cops/detectives.

There has to be more to Ryan's stealing the arm to put on "ebay". Is she trying to draw out killers who would be interested in that sorta thing? It seemed obvious the writers were trying to have her dig for the truth about the Ice Truck Killer and the Bay Harbor Butcher - but selling an arm for rent money doesn't seem consistent with that and feels pretty pointless to her inclusion in the storylines.

Since Deb mentioned that Dexter's brother was the Ice Truck Killer, someone refresh my memory on what she knows and doesn't know - I can't remember. I remember she was close to getting info on Laura Moser... and I don't think she knows that Moser is Dexter's mom and Harry's informant. Does she know Dexter was found at a brutal crime scene in a shipping container with his brother? Other than Dexter being a serial killer, what else doesn't she know? My memory is slipping.

lamphorn 10-24-11 07:10 PM

Anyone else notice Deb cracking up as they were wheeling the baby into surgery? She was back towards the wall, started smiling, then covered her mouth and started losing it. I watched it a couple times and am pretty sure the actress was struggling not to bust out laughing. Reminded me of David Spade during that Chris Farley motivational speaker sketch.

PopcornTreeCt 10-24-11 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 10977726)
Why does it seem that Dexter is the only one who can find a trail of blood? Everyone was there at least 10 minutes before Dexter, but no-one noticed blood on a plant, the ground and on a door handle? Especially when they were in the area putting up police-tape. Worlds worst cops/detectives.

There has to be more to Ryan's stealing the arm to put on "ebay". Is she trying to draw out killers who would be interested in that sorta thing? It seemed obvious the writers were trying to have her dig for the truth about the Ice Truck Killer and the Bay Harbor Butcher - but selling an arm for rent money doesn't seem consistent with that and feels pretty pointless to her inclusion in the storylines.

Since Deb mentioned that Dexter's brother was the Ice Truck Killer, someone refresh my memory on what she knows and doesn't know - I can't remember. I remember she was close to getting info on Laura Moser... and I don't think she knows that Moser is Dexter's mom and Harry's informant. Does she know Dexter was found at a brutal crime scene in a shipping container with his brother? Other than Dexter being a serial killer, what else doesn't she know? My memory is slipping.

I'm pretty sure all Deb knows is that the ice truck killer was his brother. I don't think she knows about the shipping container.

windom 10-24-11 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10977776)
I'm pretty sure all Deb knows is that the ice truck killer was his brother. I don't think she knows about the shipping container.

I was surprised she even knew that much. Can someone remind me which season she found out they were brothers? I can vaguely remember Deb theorizing that the ITK started dating her because he was Dexter's brother.

Mike86 10-24-11 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 10977850)
I was surprised she even knew that much. Can someone remind me which season she found out they were brothers? I can vaguely remember Deb theorizing that the ITK started dating her because he was Dexter's brother.

It was towards the end of Season 4, when Deb was trying to find out who Harry had been cheating on their mom with. She found out about Laura Moser and made the connection with her and Brian and somehow that led to her finding out they were brothers.

Coral 10-24-11 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by lamphorn (Post 10977759)
Anyone else notice Deb cracking up as they were wheeling the baby into surgery? She was back towards the wall, started smiling, then covered her mouth and started losing it. I watched it a couple times and am pretty sure the actress was struggling not to bust out laughing. Reminded me of David Spade during that Chris Farley motivational speaker sketch.

Naw, I just watched it a few times and it looked like she was trying to hold back tears and then she started to lose it. You can even see above her hand when she's covering the lower part of her face that she's grimmicing and starting to cry. She even lets out a couple little cries/gasps trying to hold it back.

Josh-da-man 10-24-11 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus (Post 10977693)
Keep in mind Dexter spent plenty of time with Trinity before he got him on the table.

And that worked out really great for Dex.

takingchase 10-24-11 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 10977909)
Naw, I just watched it a few times and it looked like she was trying to hold back tears and then she started to lose it. You can even see above her hand when she's covering the lower part of her face that she's grimmicing and starting to cry. She even lets out a couple little cries/gasps trying to hold it back.

Ya, she was definitely trying to hold back tears.

anomynous 10-24-11 11:02 PM

Damn it, let us know if Gellar is real or not

mkdevo 10-25-11 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 10977726)
There has to be more to Ryan's stealing the arm to put on "ebay".

What bothered me most about this was Masuka trying to get the winning bid, and time running out on him. Like that was the only way of getting the arm back? Or maybe he's just too smitten and doesn't want to sell her out, but it was like he wouldn't be able to just get it back from her directly.

whotony 10-25-11 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by mkdevo (Post 10978478)
What bothered me most about this was Masuka trying to get the winning bid, and time running out on him. Like that was the only way of getting the arm back? Or maybe he's just too smitten and doesn't want to sell her out, but it was like he wouldn't be able to just get it back from her directly.

I thought he was going to have come to the computer and shut down the auction.

clckworang 10-25-11 11:22 AM

I figured Masuka thought if he won the auction, he could get the arm back, return it and no one would ever have to know it was gone. Then he could quietly fire roller girl or handle it in any way he wanted. I don't think he was just wanting to avoid selling her out; I think he was worried that he would lose his job as well because he was the one who gave her access to that evidence.

BDB 10-25-11 01:05 PM

Gellar had no cutlery or cup when they were sitting in the restaurant..

HE Pennypacker 10-25-11 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy (Post 10978782)

what about plates and other tableware..napkins..crumbs..residue from a recently cleared table..

brainee 10-25-11 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman (Post 10976959)
I am also enjoying the Brother Sam stuff. Perfect casting, as opposed to Hanks. If they are setting Sam up for a big twist and a spot on Dexter's table, they are doing a masterful job.

I like the Brother Sam stuff too. Though I hope there isn't a twist like you suggest. Why can't Brother Sam be a friend to Dexter, that serves the purpose the season in getting Dexter to think about God? Not everyone has to wind up on the table (which last season showed with Lumen).

clckworang 10-25-11 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy (Post 10978782)

But they still throw things out that could contradict that, like when they showed him with the paintbrush.

DeputyDave 10-25-11 05:33 PM

Seriously, it's not like it HAS to be sold, even after the auction ended. She doesn't have to mail it out or even collect the money. Force her to give it back to him and take the hit for voiding the auction.

mickey65 10-25-11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 10979147)
I like the Brother Sam stuff too. Though I hope there isn't a twist like you suggest. Why can't Brother Sam be a friend to Dexter, that serves the purpose the season in getting Dexter to think about God? Not everyone has to wind up on the table (which last season showed with Lumen).

Maybe in some way, Brother Sam will end up being what Dexter "owes" God for saving Harrison for him?

Josh-da-man 10-25-11 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave (Post 10979166)
Seriously, it's not like it HAS to be sold, even after the auction ended. She doesn't have to mail it out or even collect the money. Force her to give it back to him and take the hit for voiding the auction.

Either Masuka doesn't know how "eBay" works or the auction site she used was holding the hand in escrow or something.

Though Masuka was able to bid without logging in or creating an account, so he's likely familiar with the site in question.

Either way, it's a case of the writers taking a shortcut to move the plot along.

Goat3001 10-25-11 09:44 PM

I guess with the way this is rolling that Dexter will have Travis on his table sooner rather than later. I also agree that Prof. Gellar isn't like Harry exactly but more the creation of a schizophrenic. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out soon that Gellar died years before. I also wouldn't be surprised if this was a big red herring and that all the "clues" that they put forth to make us think he's not real is the real twist and that's he's in fact very real.

I also hope this isn't a rehash of Season 3 where Dexter befriends someone and learns to trust that person and it turns out that person needs to be on the table. Although if they turn Brother Sam I think it would be surprising and emotional.