Old 10-04-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Parenthood -- "Clear Skies From Here on Out" -- 10/04/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Zeek lands a commercial, while Camille ponders her own achievements; Crosby and Adam don't see eye-to-eye over a parenting issue; Drew's first date goes awry; Jabbar and Max clash; Sarah and Mark take things to the next level while Haddie and Alex grow apart.

Episode 4 of 18

If you missed the news last week, NBC ordered 2 extra episodes. It's now an 18 episode season. Who wants to be they will eventually order 4 more to fill out the season considering how poor the dramas have performed so far?
Old 10-05-11, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Clear Skies From Here on Out" -- 10/04/11

Good episode. But, I really wanted to punch Max. That whole thing with him freaking out because Jabbar wanted to eat with other friends was like nails running through a chalk board.

I did get a kick out of Adam and Crosby going at each other while leaving the school.

The whole thing with Mr. Cyr dating Sarah and getting the photo snapped of him was blown way out of proportion.

to Zeek starring in an "Ereptile Dysfunction" commercial.

Alex breaking up with Haddie kind of came out of left field. Michael B. Jordan's acting in the scene where he was saying goodbye to Kristina and thanking her was great though. Frankly I am a little surprised they decided to write him out, but I guess it was expected sooner or later.

Go Drew!! They cast a cute girl to be his love interest. It's funny how in season 1 some here were speculating that he might be gay.
Old 10-05-11, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely love this show. it's one of the few I truely look forward to every week. Do you think it has a decent chance for another season?
Old 10-05-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good episode. But, I really wanted to punch Max. That whole thing with him freaking out because Jabbar wanted to eat with other friends was like nails running through a chalk board.

I did get a kick out of Adam and Crosby going at each other while leaving the school.

The whole thing with Mr. Cyr dating Sarah and getting the photo snapped of him was blown way out of proportion.

to Zeek starring in an "Ereptile Dysfunction" commercial.

Alex breaking up with Haddie kind of came out of left field. Michael B. Jordan's acting in the scene where he was saying goodbye to Kristina and thanking her was great though. Frankly I am a little surprised they decided to write him out, but I guess it was expected sooner or later.

Go Drew!! They cast a cute girl to be his love interest. It's funny how in season 1 some here were speculating that he might be gay.
Agree with everything you wrote.
Old 10-05-11, 09:11 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Surprised by Alex and Haddie's breakup -- wonder if there's more details to come on what happened there or if Michael B. Jordan really was written off (assuming due to budgetary reasons?).
Old 10-05-11, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
i was wondering how she knew which window was his to toss the pebbles? did she just throw them at some window and was told "next one down"?

happy to see him get some attention, but don't see what she likes about him. he doesn't know her music, is kinda shy and reserved, and wears ZuBazzzz to sleep in.

i also wonder how they never met, living on the same street. She never heard one of those patented Braverman shouting matches and wandered over to see a potential bloodbath?
Old 10-06-11, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They may live on the same street, but I never got the impression the Braverman estate is exactly a 125-foot lot.

I'm disappointed Alex and Haddie broke up. I don't buy it based on what came before. I'll have to chalk this one up to real-life factors. If Alex is really gone, it's too bad it couldn't be something like him being accepted into a program with an opportunity to enter college and further his education, but he has to leave town to do so. He'd still be gone, but the essence relationship they'd established would be maintained. That makes a lot more sense to me than, "Oh BTW... I'm not happy with you anymore."
Old 10-06-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
That makes a lot more sense to me than, "Oh BTW... I'm not happy with you anymore."
I thought that's what he SAID but also thought that the TRUTH was really that he felt ashamed that everyone knew about his record - especially Haddie. He intentionally hurt her in hopes that she could more easily move on to a guy who deserved her - which he clearly doesn't believe he is.
Old 10-06-11, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
i also wonder how they never met, living on the same street. She never heard one of those patented Braverman shouting matches and wandered over to see a potential bloodbath?
Didn't he recently move back (ie, at the start of the series timeline)?
Old 10-06-11, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
Didn't he recently move back (ie, at the start of the series timeline)?
i dont know the exact time line but i think they have been there long enough for amber to bang Haddie's boyfriend, graduate HS and become a hipster goofus with good taste in music (Cramps, DK).
Old 10-07-11, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I thought that's what he SAID but also thought that the TRUTH was really that he felt ashamed that everyone knew about his record - especially Haddie. He intentionally hurt her in hopes that she could more easily move on to a guy who deserved her - which he clearly doesn't believe he is.
I agree that Alex felt ashamed, but I didn't get the feeling he hurt Haddie intentionally so she'd move on. He still wanted to hang out with her and talk. This wasn't the classic, "I'll say something really hurtful so you run out the door and never look back." Alex felt ashamed, but he also felt (not just thought) Haddie's life is just so different from his.

It can be tiring fighting against background (upbringing, life experience, etc.) especially when you feel you're a blight on those around you whenever you fail. Alex is an alcoholic with a criminal record and no matter how much he loves Haddie, that's his story in a nutshell. He's so much more than that, but he will constantly have to fight that instant label as he makes his way through life. How would we describe Haddie right now? A bright young girl with a great future ahead of her? If you love her, and want the best for her, how do you feel about being the guy who makes her instant label instead read, "girlfriend of alcoholic criminal with a violent history" ?
Old 10-07-11, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the impression that the party incident and the trouble that it brought him made him realize that Haddie was just too immature for him and pretty much a liability, which ended up making him distance himself.

Everyone seems to be looking at this as Alex blaming himself, but in reality I think it was more of the fact that she was actually bringing him down/putting him in positions that would cause issues.