Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Person of Interest -- "Ghosts" -- 9/29/11

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- "Ghosts" -- 9/29/11

So far, this is turning out to be my favorite new series this season.
Old 10-03-11, 11:02 AM

I liked this weeks episode. I'll stick around for a while.
Old 10-03-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by JetSter735180
So far, this is turning out to be my favorite new series this season.
Mine too.
Old 10-03-11, 08:53 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I thought this second episode was pretty good -- an improvement over the pilot, imo. I'll stick with it to see what happens.
yep

the save at the end was rediculously predictable though

---

i swear that bust of the alleged "founder" looked like goodwin
Old 10-03-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 454 Likes on 312 Posts

So, we know that sometime between 2007-2011, Finch had something happen to him that injured him and caused his current physical handicaps. And he also has a tragic loss in his history.

The bust at the the end is labeled "The Founder. 1962-2010. In Loving Memory." It looks a like Finch's partner whom we saw earlier in the flashbacks. His partner was the public face of their business, so it makes sense that he is memorialized as The Founder.

So, maybe The Founder is Finch's tragic loss? In some kind of accident that happened in 2010? Which might also be same accident which crippled Finch? Maybe that was the catalyst that caused Finch to want to start using the Machine's numbers this year to help prevent bad things. Maybe The Founder's number came up and was ignored, and Finch feels guilty about it.
Old 10-04-11, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the pilot was just "ok," but there was enough there for me to come back for the 2nd episode. Glad I did, this one was pretty exciting. They've hooked me.
Old 10-04-11, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
So, we know that sometime between 2007-2011, Finch had something happen to him that injured him and caused his current physical handicaps. And he also has a tragic loss in his history.

The bust at the the end is labeled "The Founder. 1962-2010. In Loving Memory." It looks a like Finch's partner whom we saw earlier in the flashbacks. His partner was the public face of their business, so it makes sense that he is memorialized as The Founder.

So, maybe The Founder is Finch's tragic loss? In some kind of accident that happened in 2010? Which might also be same accident which crippled Finch? Maybe that was the catalyst that caused Finch to want to start using the Machine's numbers this year to help prevent bad things. Maybe The Founder's number came up and was ignored, and Finch feels guilty about it.
+1
I am going with this theory as well.
Old 10-04-11, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe The Founder's number came up and was ignored, and Finch feels guilty about it.
I thought it was a nice touch that Reese's fiancee came up while Finch and The Founder were arguing over the "irrelevant" data.
Old 10-04-11, 03:58 PM

Liking the show. Anyone else think Caviezel is channeling Clint Eastwood once in awhile? The vocal delivery seems right out of Tightrope at times.
Old 10-06-11, 09:12 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by buzzdalf
+1
I am going with this theory as well.

I had the impression that "The Founder" had a bigger issue than Finch with ignoring the irrelevant list. Seemed he wanted to take those names to the police, which Finch believed would expose their system. Suspect maybe Finch ended up killing The Founder to keep it a secret. Would explain why the Founder is dead and possibly how Finch got injured/went into hiding.
Old 10-06-11, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Mine too.
same here

Last edited by tucker; 10-06-11 at 10:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-30-11, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by N2DVD
We loved it. My wife and I thought it's almost a modern version of Remo Williams, without Chiun or Sinanju, given all the computers, and Finch almost as a Smith-type character.
I am a huge fan of Remo Williams and am actually in the middle of re-reading the entire series and I got a similar vibe. Inject a little more humor with a few "Little Fathers" and it's Remo (with weapons)