Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Desperate Housewives -- Premiere -- "Secrets That I Never Want to Know" -- 9/25/11

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives -- Premiere -- "Secrets That I Never Want to Know" -- 9/25/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-22

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the season premiere episode, "Secrets That I Never Want to Know," airing SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network, Susan, Gaby, Bree, Lynette and Carlos must dispose of the body of Gaby's evil stepfather, who was killed by Carlos in order to protect his wife. But feelings of guilt begin to overcome everyone in different ways. Susan starts to withdraw from her friends and family, and Gaby works to reach out to Carlos while his guilt weighs heavily upon him. As Lynette and Tom are grappling with their disintegrating marriage and impending separation, Lynette is having trouble making the right choices ever since she participated in the cover-up. And Bree must be especially careful around her new love -- Detective Chuck Vance. Meanwhile, a sexy, new neighbor moves to town, Ben Faulkner, and he's Renee's first order of business.

Read more: Listings - DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1YxDEObBX

In case you were hibernating this past summer, this is the final season. 22-24 episodes to wrap this sucker up.
Old 09-26-11, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- Premiere -- "Secrets That I Never Want to Know" -- 9/25/1

Not a bad way to start the final season, by going back to how it all started. "I know what you did." ooo Ominous.
Old 09-26-11, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- Premiere -- "Secrets That I Never Want to Know" -- 9/25/1

Yeah, good start. The best part was the near-confession to the young priest and his frustration over not being allowed to tweet anymore.
Old 09-26-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I found the episode as annoying as last season and am not sure I can hold out for "just one more year.". Right now I'm thinking, "1 down, 20-some to go."
Old 09-26-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I was actually watching a couple eps from first season last week. The drop in quality from then to now is astronomical. Its a half step above a daytime soap right now. But this was a good start. The note at the end was great. Lynette, as always, was a miserable bitch. Vansessa Williams is pretty much cannon fodder at this point. I'll probably be complaining through the entire season but with seven years invested into it I'm definitley gonna finish it.
Old 09-26-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

1st episode of the season, and Lynette is still a bitch.
Old 09-26-11, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk God

I figure the note refers to something else Bree did. I guess the writers recently watched "I Know What You Did Last Summer."
Old 09-26-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Not a bad way to start the final season, by going back to how it all started. "I know what you did." ooo Ominous.
Well we never did find out who wrote the note to Mary Alice. So I thought that was a great way to tie things back to the beginning.
Old 09-26-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
1st episode of the season, and Lynette is still a bitch.
LOL the producers/writers do realize that no one takes Lynette's side in this whole separation don't they?

It's ALWAYS her fault.
Old 09-26-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Well we never did find out who wrote the note to Mary Alice. So I thought that was a great way to tie things back to the beginning.
We didn't?
Old 09-26-11, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I figure the note refers to something else Bree did.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 09-26-11, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Vansessa Williams is pretty much cannon fodder at this point. I'll probably be complaining through the entire season but with seven years invested into it I'm definitley gonna finish it.
This. I hope that Renee gets to actually DO something this season. After last season, I was going to drop this show, but I have to see it out now that it is ending AND promises to tie everything back to the 1st season. No foolish Susan pratfalls and little of Gabbie's brats was a good thing. Would like more of the gay-bors in the klatch for this final scenario though...
Old 09-26-11, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'll probably be complaining through the entire season
Welcome to the weekly thread!
Old 09-26-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I still don't get choosing to bury a body in the woods and spend a lifetime looking over your shoulder instead of just reporting it right away to the police when the murder was obviously justified.
Old 09-27-11, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for ckmorpheus....Yes we did. It was from martha huber (r hoover) who was felicia tilllmans sister. Paul killed her so she wouldn't say anything then felicia knew she couldn't prove it thats why she cut off her 2 fingers to set paul up. Also, thats why he got out of prison when the cops found out she wasn't dead then Felicia tried poisoning paul n he thought it was susan.

Last edited by barbnbub; 09-27-11 at 02:42 PM. Reason: CKMorpheus
Old 09-27-11, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by rennervision
I still don't get choosing to bury a body in the woods and spend a lifetime looking over your shoulder instead of just reporting it right away to the police when the murder was obviously justified.
It wasn't justified because he faked his death prior to the shooting and Gabby said no one could prove that he was alive. Now i say it out loud its stupid cuz obviously they could prove he was alive if they told it to cops but i guess reason for them is that they couldn't prove they didn't shoot him a year earlier but n the real world that wouldn't fly. Thats why its not reality TV i guess! Thought there was another reason but i cant remember it right now. Oh yeh! he didn't have a weapon but again they could have got out of it.

Last edited by barbnbub; 09-30-11 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I was thinking the same thing.
I think its gonna be Felicia Tillman. R did she die last season? I cant remember. If not then its Paul but did he die last season r go to prison again? Im confused right now. If im wrong then its gonna be someone unexpected like Bree's daughter Danielle or maybe even Andrew cuz in 1st r 2nd season he did say he would make the ultimate get back at his mom!
Old 09-27-11, 02:55 PM

TO JADZIA....Ok but what about felicia n paul. Do u remember what happened to them?
Old 09-27-11, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rennervision
Yeah, it's kind of silly, even with her concern that she never reported the rapings in the past. Even though he didn't have her gun, it doesn't matter (even under the less permissive Castle Doctrines) since he was clearly assaulting and battering her (holding her by the wrists and throwing her around) in her home. Carlos had every right to use deadly force in that situation, gun or not.
Old 09-27-11, 03:06 PM

ANYONE...do u remember what happened to Felicia n Paul. I just cant remember
Old 09-27-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

According to Wiki:

Eventually, Susan is released, Paul confesses to the murder of Martha Huber, and Felicia presumably dies in a car crash while fleeing town
Old 09-27-11, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
According to Wiki:
Thanks. Now Im down to Paul (if hes out of prison early r sends a note from prison) r Andrew for sayin he would wait till perfect moment to "repay" his mom in beginning r Danielle for taking her son. Maybe even Austin just for guessing purposes. Who knows it might even be a housewife to make Bree be quiet r kill herself just like mary alice. R ultimate would be that mary alice even faked her death and plotted all this. Bunch of crazy guesses but as of this point thats all u can do. R maybe even Ann Schilling r her husband. I could go on n on but i'll stop!
Old 09-27-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I'll go out on a limb and guess that Vanessa Williams (Renee, right?) sent the note. They need to have some purpose for the useless character.
Old 09-27-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Is it really that hard to type the extra "o"?
Old 09-27-11, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by barbnbub
Thanks. Now Im down to Paul (if hes out of prison early r sends a note from prison) r Andrew for sayin he would wait till perfect moment to "repay" his mom in beginning r Danielle for taking her son.
Andrew got his "payback" when he slept with Bree's boyfriend (the one who was a sex addict) several seasons ago. I think it was before the 5-year jump.

I shouldn't know this stuff. I tried to watch the premiere but grew tired quickly. I may have to drop this one after all these years. The summer season has me spoiled and I'm used to watching good, quick seasons. Personally, I'm no longer that enthused about 20+ episode-tv seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.