Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: South Pacific -- Season Premiere -- "I Need Redemption" -- 9/14/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will last longer this year?
Ozzy
53.85%
Coach
46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: South Pacific -- Season Premiere -- "I Need Redemption" -- 9/14/11

Old 09-15-11, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- Season Premiere -- "I Need Redemption" -- 9/14/11

The shot of little Russell lusting over that girl through the branches was hilarious. As for that law student, I was disappointed that he wasn't more eloquent about why he should stay and boobs should leave. Instead he just resorted to the same old, "she doesn't do a lot of work around camp" thing. He should have also brought up that he was great at puzzles or something whenever his physical strength was challenged. Finally, boobs was the right choice to vote off. It was funny to see how she changed her tune after the pot guy called her out. She's also the poster girl for paper baggin' it.

Oh, and I felt bad for Coach. Forever Alone. They should play the The Incredible Hulk theme from the TV show whenever he's on screen.
Old 09-15-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts
Re: Survivor: South Pacific -- Season Premiere -- "I Need Redemption" -- 9/14/11

Good challenges, particularly the initial one.

at creepy little Russell.
Old 09-15-11, 08:50 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Good challenges, particularly the initial one.

at creepy little Russell.
I love how he was so adamant he was not going to be "tempted" by that one girl who just seemed to be friendly with him, as if she was grinding on his leg and purring in his ear or something.
Old 09-15-11, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprised to read people not liking the 90 minute premiere...IIRC, a lot of people always whine about the premiere being so short that you don't get to know anybody and then bam, someone is voted out already. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I suppose.
Old 09-15-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 468 Likes on 389 Posts

Yeah, I was fine with the extended length
Old 09-15-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
The shot of little Russell lusting over that girl through the branches was hilarious.

Oh, and I felt bad for Coach. Forever Alone. They should play the The Incredible Hulk theme from the TV show whenever he's on screen.
I thought it was more creepy than hilarious but that could have just been the editing. I thought it was funny how he's talking like she is just running around naked flirting with him yet she is just working in the trees with all her clothes on. And he talks like she is in the bag if he wants her. He's such a catch!

at the Incredible Hulk comment. Now I will hear "The Lonely Man Theme" in my head every time they show Coach by himself. I don't know whether to thank you or hate you.
Old 09-15-11, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So how exactly can an obsessed superfan end up on Survivor yet seem shocked and unprepared at the possibility of taking his shirt off and swimming in his underwear? Stuff like that only happens like every fucking episode.
Old 09-15-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 891 Posts

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley View Post
So how exactly can an obsessed superfan end up on Survivor yet seem shocked and unprepared at the possibility of taking his shirt off and swimming in his underwear? Stuff like that only happens like every fucking episode.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Good God, man, if he's afraid to take off your shirt I don't know why he'd want to be on Survivor.

Also, at Brandon for trying to hide his "Hantz" tattoos. Just tell them your name is Brandon Hansen and "Hantz" is a nickname. Nobody will think anything of it again.
Old 09-15-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah Brandon seems like a retard for that. Not only can he say it's a nickname but he can also say his last name his Hantz and that it's just a coincidence. It wouldn't really be a big deal. The longer he hides it the worse he'll seem.
Old 09-15-11, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 112 Posts

Yeah, if he keeps trying to hide them, people are gonna think he has Nazi tattoos or something bad like that.
Old 09-15-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd View Post
I thought it was more creepy than hilarious but that could have just been the editing. I thought it was funny how he's talking like she is just running around naked flirting with him yet she is just working in the trees with all her clothes on. And he talks like she is in the bag if he wants her. He's such a catch!
It may be editing. They had just all gone through and talked about their occupations. Isn't Mikayla a football player in the Women's Lingerie Football League? Maybe they asked Brandon about that and he gave his answer based on her occupation.
Old 09-15-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Albert really impressed me powerlifting Brandon up the wall.
Not to mention his leaping up the wall to pull himself up in the first place. That wall was 10 ft high.
Old 09-15-11, 02:13 PM

Yeah dude is clearly a real athlete and not just weight room warrior. Keith also had a really nice looking jump shot. Hope those two make to the merge. They could have some nice battles.
Old 09-15-11, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
As for that law student, I was disappointed that he wasn't more eloquent about why he should stay and boobs should leave. Instead he just resorted to the same old, "she doesn't do a lot of work around camp" thing. He should have also brought up that he was great at puzzles or something whenever his physical strength was challenged.
The puzzles would have been a good thing to bring up. If I'm one of the other contestants, I'm thinking "The only thing this dude's good at will be figuring out how to vote me off."

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Not to mention his leaping up the wall to pull himself up in the first place. That wall was 10 ft high.
Originally Posted by sven View Post
Yeah dude is clearly a real athlete and not just weight room warrior. Keith also had a really nice looking jump shot. Hope those two make to the merge. They could have some nice battles.
Yeah, I forgot to mention Keith in my rundown. Comparing his form to Semhar's was highly amusing.
Old 09-15-11, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
Yeah Brandon seems like a retard for that. Not only can he say it's a nickname but he can also say his last name his Hantz and that it's just a coincidence. It wouldn't really be a big deal. The longer he hides it the worse he'll seem.
The coincidence thing wouldn't work. Brandon sounds like Russell. Looks like him a little, too. If people see the last name tattoo--knowing Survivor pulls out all kinds of twists and casting stunts--they'll eventually figure it out.
Old 09-15-11, 03:09 PM

I think the best strategy would have been to reveal it when the 5 of them were on the beach talking about how good they felt about each other.

He could have used it to prove to those 4 people that he really did feel some sort of bond with them and that he trusted them. And hopefully that honesty would help them trust him more.
Old 09-15-11, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm glad Cochran got to stay...I wish he would have just said, "I should stay because I'm smarter than the lot of you put together", but he's too nice a guy for that. He by no means embarassed himself at the challenge, although I'm sure that every little mistake he makes is going to be played up by the editors of the show. What do you want to bet this kid finds the immunity idol?
Old 09-15-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish they were all 90 minutes, honestly.
Old 09-15-11, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I realize it's only the first episode so far this is much closer to the Survivor I know and love than the previous two seasons. They're in a beautiful location where they can actually go into the water, the challenges are physical, and the two returning contestants aren't past winners or finalists. I could still do without the whole Redemption Island nonsense, though.
Old 09-15-11, 10:03 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I like Jim though he seemed like a closet gay. Maybe it was just the Dom Deluise thing he had going.
Separated at birth!

Old 09-16-11, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
I wish they were all 90 minutes, honestly.
Yeah that would be sweet.
Old 09-16-11, 12:43 AM

I about lost it when I found out Nephew Hantz had his last name tattoo'd on his body

Good luck with that.
Old 09-16-11, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope I was the first to dub him Little Russell
Old 09-16-11, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I about lost it when I found out Nephew Hantz had his last name tattoo'd on his body
Twice at that. What a douche.
Old 09-16-11, 09:43 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

And he plans to keep his shirt on for 39 days. While at the beach.

He should just claim he has offensive Nazi tattoos - that's probably better than being associated with Russell.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.