Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Entourage -- Series Finale -- "The End" -- 9/11/11

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of the Entourage Series Finale?
Loved it! Satisfying end to the show
11.54%
It was good, but not awesome
23.08%
Meh, it was just alright
24.36%
Thought it sucked. Disappointing end to the show
28.21%
Liked the finale, but I'm glad the show is over. It was a chore to watch
2.56%
Why did it have to end? I want a season 9!
10.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the series finale, Vince takes a surprising step after a first date with Sophia; a therapy session yields mixed results for Ari and Mrs. Ari; and Vince, Drama and Turtle urge Sloan to work things out with Eric.

Promo:

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1205850"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #96&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1205850%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1205850" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #96&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1205850%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object>
Old 09-11-11, 10:06 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts
Re: Entourage -- Series Finale -- "The End" -- 9/11/11

What a joke. I can't even believe how dissapointing that was. The entire season was a waste. And the fact that they ended it at the airport goes to show they really should've ended with the finale 2 years ago.
Old 09-11-11, 10:07 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow. Talk about storybook.
Old 09-11-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you watch after the credits?

Nice view of Mrs. Ari!
Old 09-11-11, 10:10 PM

Yea..an ass shot doesn't make up for a shitty finale.
Old 09-11-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Didn't really care for the finale, until the scene after the credits. Should lead to a few nice discussions.
Old 09-11-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was cliched as hell, but I did enjoy the final conversation between Ari and Lloyd.

Atleast there was no Dice in this episode!
Old 09-11-11, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

About what I expected, and I'm glad it's over.

Vince's story was just ridiculous.

So I'm guessing that bit at the end was a set-up for the potential movie.
Old 09-11-11, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that the finale was shitty. I feel that it was rushed. Had they given this season more episodes or even an hour long series finale then maybe it would have been better. There were no surprises and a lot of loose ends (that will be be answered in the movie, if that ever happens). This whole season has felt that it has been on warp speed. It moved too fast to address everything.
Old 09-11-11, 10:21 PM

Exactly..it moved too fast to address everything. So WHY if going in you know this is your final series do you introduce a bunch of storylines that go nowhere. If they were gonna do the divorce storyline, they shouldve done it years ago. If they were gonna do the pregnancy, they shouldve done it years ago, intstead all the back and forth shit with E and Sloane and then rush to conclude their relationship. Why shove a new love interest into the final season for Vince, someone hes going to marry with no development. Wasn't this show about an actor's movie career? I always imagined this show ending with Vince and the entourage walking the carpet at the Oscars for a movie that revitalized his career.... We had "The Sundance Kids" , "The Cannes Kids" and it shouldve ended with "The Oscar Kids". Instead we got some romantic chick flick ending that had nothing to do with his career. And a marriage to some chick we know nothing about really. And I still dont understand his motivation.
Old 09-11-11, 10:29 PM

The season wasnt long enough and the episodes were too short.

The Ari scene after credits definity hints to part of the plot for a movie
Old 09-11-11, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by King Felix
The season wasnt long enough and the episodes were too short.

The Ari scene after credits definity hints to part of the plot for a movie
There is not enough interest in this show for a movie at this point.
Old 09-11-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

I completely lost interest in the "Entourage" but I liked the end story for Ari, he was really the only thing I like about the show the last few years.
Old 09-11-11, 11:17 PM

Wonder if the extra money HBO/the creators made for the last two seasons was worth killing this show.

Probably.
Old 09-11-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Despite it the whole season and the finale being rushed I can't say that I hated it. Yeah it should have ended a few seasons ago and the last two seasons have been weak but I thought they did a good job focusing on the relationships of the gang this season.

As for everything working out, that's what I want to see. I don't want to see a downer ending to the series. It wouldn't have been right.

I thought the Ari ending was great. Him quitting is a fitting end for him. I would have liked him to end up with Dana but realistically it made more sense to be with Mrs. Ari and be a family man.

The Vince thing was just ridiculous. Why rush that ending? Why not introduce the storyline in the beginning of the season? I would have liked it if they didn't into introduce her and we just know that Vince is in a very serious relationship. He talks about her, the guys talk about how great she is but we never meet her. Then this wedding thing wouldn't be so out of nowhere.

The Sloan/E thing was just cliche. Of course they were going to end up together. I was hoping though that we would find out for sure if they're moving to NY or not.

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
There is not enough interest in this show for a movie at this point.
You're probably right. If they do a movie it should be a made for HBO movie.
Old 09-12-11, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Two season finales that end in Paris in the same hour? What's going on HBO?

Not too unexpected for a finale, in that yeah they all end up back in NY (for now). Although I like Scott Caan, I felt they did a good job of keeping him in the background, sticking to our core group. Glad that he was there though.

Ending on Going to California by Zeppelin? This show's choice for end credits music is always spot on, and has introduced me to some great artists over the years (listening to Above the Clouds right now). But Zeppelin, that is a nice way to go out, even into and after the post credits scene. The scene itself, I agree with you guys, left stuff open...way open.

Now I wish that (if this were a longer episode)...

We got one more walk and talk with the four guys. Sunglasses, and walking down the streets of L.A. Recently re-watching some of the first episode, they were walking at one mile an hour, probably for the sake of the cameras, but it evolved as the years went on.

Marvin. MARVIN! I've always liked this guy, and would have loved to see him at least once, come on! Especially since Vince just got 15 million, they could have had him happy about that.

I'm sure this discussion will continue and I will have more to say or ask about what will happen to the gang. Yeah this season was a bit weak, but it was a fun ride throughout the years.
Old 09-12-11, 01:02 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I wish there were more episodes, if only because now that the cat is out of the bag on Mrs. Ari's name, everybody's throwing M-bombs around!
Old 09-12-11, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hated the post-credit scene, despite a good rear shot of Perrey Reeves vagina.

Although the finale was sweet, it did indeed feel rushed and didn't fit the series.

Vince has been banging chicks since the beginning, and falls in love at first sight, one episode before the end? And Alice Eve treated him like shit, how did SHE fall for Vince so quickly? There was no explanation there at all.

I did like Ari's epiphany, and reunion with his wife.

Lloyd wasn't invited?
Old 09-12-11, 02:26 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Forget about a Entourage movie, why bother. It wouldn't even come close to breaking the $100 million mark theatrically.

Spinning the show off, although a long shot, could possibly be the most lucrative for all the parties involved... Wahlberg, Ellin, HBO. Give Ari the CEO position of the studio, and you could have mini plots with various actors not focusing on any one in particular and interweaving the boys every once in a while.

These past two "mini" seasons were the weakest IMHO. Sure, I'll miss tuning into the boys on Sunday nights... there really isn't anything left to watch on HBO anymore. I really do long for the peak run of the Sopranos (that whole T.V. era).

R.I.P. HBO.
Old 09-12-11, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

^ How about Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones?

FWIW, I enjoyed the finale, even if it was cliche. Everyone was happy, and I like all the main characters, so I was happy. Even though I really liked Ari and Dana, he really loved Melissa, so it was good to see them together at the end. Of course, the followup for Ari makes things interesting for a movie, as it should.
Old 09-12-11, 02:55 AM
Banned

I have watched this show since day 1 and loved it right from the start. I felt like part. Of the group watching them grow and up mature in their own ways. Though this season was too short and would love to have another season or 2, I loved the ending..now I need them all on blu ray to rewatch
Old 09-12-11, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Bad last 2 seasons, bad finale, and could care less if they do a movie. Oh well, the first 5-6 seasons were great when they come on syndication.
Old 09-12-11, 07:36 AM

I gotta say this was by far the worst rushed series finale I have ever seen. Althought they left a lot of characters with an option for a spin off. Pretty much every character had a last line that could show signs of a spin off if they decided to go that way.

Vince- Sophia mentions how amazing it was for him to fix eric and sloane he replies " you ain't seen nothing yet"

Eric - Scott Caan keeps asking him if he's quitting or staying and eric replies " we'll talk when I get back"

Turtle becomes a millionaire and Johnny gets his series are pretty much the openings there for their spin offs.

The most chance of one though that would really be able to shed light on this whole season would be Ari. How they show him and Melissa at the end and John trying to haggle Ari into taking over really does make it easy for either a movie or a new spin off. It would be really easy to do the spin off and bring every character back to show the lives after entourage. They could even touch on what made them go in thir direction whatever skies the the limit really. The movie I think would just be the last season but the long version of these tiny plots they had. I could see them showing the baby born with Eric and Sloane. Vince married to Sophia. Turtle and Johnny living together and spending Turtles money on half naked toga parties. Either way it's clear they knew they had a short series and rushed series finale and it seems to me like there was some sort of reason behind having to end it this year so quickly. Almost like they were forced to end it but didn't want to close any doors without having lots of options to do something else with any of these guys.
Old 09-12-11, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Even with all the rushed writing this season, I didn't mind the ending, or the button hook for an Ari show.
Old 09-12-11, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Meh finale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.