Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Just got DirecTV installed today. Disappointed in picture quality. Other things....

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Just got DirecTV installed today. Disappointed in picture quality. Other things....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-11, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Just got DirecTV installed today. Disappointed in picture quality. Other things

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Also, the DTV commercials run in winter/spring don't usually talk about Sunday Ticket. They have different sign-up offers during those months.
He can see those. You see, Comcast is notorious for freeze/thaw outages that take days to fix.

BTW, what kind of TV researcher watches commercials? Get a DVR for fuck's sake!
Old 09-10-11, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Re: Just got DirecTV installed today. Disappointed in picture quality. Other things

Originally Posted by aktick
My research tells me you must be a woman.
Nope, I just don't get super excited about a bunch of strangers playing grabass and tossing a ball to each other for 3 hours. But hey, whatever works for you.
Old 09-10-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

he was being facetious.
Old 09-10-11, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Nope, I just don't get super excited about a bunch of strangers playing grabass and tossing a ball to each other for 3 hours. But hey, whatever works for you.
You and your friends didn't play football as kids????
Old 09-10-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by TVResearcher
You and your friends didn't play football as kids????
Good god no. The occasional baseball or soccer game, but I grew out of it.

Originally Posted by Deftones
he was being facetious.
I know. I just love to use that grabass line.
Old 09-12-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
Which means that the NFL Sunday Ticket is where they are making most of their money? Have you never seen a DirecTV commercial that wasn't about NFL Sunday Ticket? While that particular package might be geared toward a primarily male audience, that doesn't mean the entire DirecTV service is geared toward men, as you attest. You said the ads are where you got your "facts," but we're not seeing very many of those coming from you.
I don't understand how they're making most of their money on Sunday Ticket when they're giving it away to new subscribers and to people who call in and are patient (which I wish I knew before I accepted the comparatively-puny half off offer).