DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Breaking Bad -- "Cornered" -- 8/21/11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/593832-breaking-bad-cornered-8-21-11-a.html)

Osiris3657 08-21-11 06:46 PM

Breaking Bad -- "Cornered" -- 8/21/11

http://s2.daemonstv.com/tv/up/2011/0...-7-550x365.jpg

Episode 6 of 13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Skyler makes an unsettling discovery. Walter, Jr. pushes his dad into a questionable purchase. Jesse offers Mike some unexpected help.

Fist of Doom 08-21-11 09:05 PM

Re: Breaking Bad -- "Cornered" -- 8/21/11

:up: Thanks for starting the thread. Today was busier than I expected.

Helluvan opening scene. This show always excels in that department.

Fist of Doom 08-21-11 09:21 PM

As soon as the carwash guy looked fondly at the dollar bill, I knew Walt would pull the "as is" card on him. :lol:

DJLinus 08-21-11 09:49 PM

Tucker!

joefrog91 08-21-11 09:52 PM

Couldn't quite make out the last word on the batter lid. Anyone???

rabbit77 08-21-11 10:12 PM

I think it said dedicar

Are you ready to spend

Edit: Mike told Gus it said are you ready to talk

anomynous 08-21-11 10:15 PM

Skailurr was such a bitch this episode

Osiris3657 08-21-11 10:39 PM

I haven't looked at every post in the previous episode threads, but are some of you misspelling Skyler's name on purpose? If that wasn't your intention anomynous, then frankly you should be embarrassed for butchering it that bad.

A funny episode though, loved the subtle/dark humor.

CKMorpheus 08-21-11 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 10896790)
I haven't looked at every post in the previous episode threads, but are some of you misspelling Skyler's name on purpose? If that wasn't your intention anomynous, then frankly you should be embarrassed for butchering it that bad.

A funny episode though, loved the subtle/dark humor.

Someone misspelled her name "Skylar," and someone actually went out of their way to correct them. We've been making fun of them ever since.

Osiris3657 08-21-11 10:57 PM

Ah...

Anubis2005X 08-21-11 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 10896718)
As soon as the carwash guy looked fondly at the dollar bill, I knew Walt would pull the "as is" card on him. :lol:

Ha, same here, loved that moment. Such a dick move on Walt's part, but the previous owner was a bit of a douche himself...

kstublen 08-21-11 10:59 PM

Good episode. That opening was great. No way Mike would've died in that scenario though. Felt bad for Jesse when Walt basically told him he was worthless and that Gus was only using him to get to Walt. He definitely could've been a little more tactful during that conversation.

Nice to see Dewey Crowe make an appearance as the meth-head. Loved the scene with Jesse getting Tucker to just take over the digging. :lol:

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 10896764)

I don't think she was being a bitch this episode; more like realistic and pragmatic. Walt is behaving more recklessly with each episode and is drawing unnecessary attention to himself and his family.

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus (Post 10896799)
Someone misspelled her name "Skylar," and someone actually went out of their way to correct them. We've been making fun of them ever since.

It's not like I was the first one to correct the spelling of her name; people did it all throughout the second and third seasons, if memory serves. But whatever.

SexualPudding 08-21-11 11:38 PM

I actually didn't mind Schuyler tonight. For once it seemed to me like she made sense and provided solid reasoning for her to be acting the way she was. Great episode overall, I thought.

Gizmo 08-21-11 11:40 PM

Was Skhiiiilar trying to decide where to run off too, and decided to stay?

Damn Syclops!

Fist of Doom 08-21-11 11:50 PM

Loved this episode. All the little touches are what make this show so great - the lighting and cinematography in the opening scene, the shovel-cam, the symmetry of the cooler in the opening scene and later when Mike uses a similar cooler for his lunch. I always get the sense that there's a lot of thought into crafting each scene, instead of just pointing a camera at the action.

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10896808)
It's not like I was the first one to correct the spelling of her name; people did it all throughout the second and third seasons, if memory serves. But whatever.

:lol: You have to carry the cross for all of us. I remember correcting people in one of last season's threads.

kstublen 08-21-11 11:53 PM

I love how Jesse said he "knows" meth heads and then every time he said something to try and defuse the situation with Dewey, he just made it worse for himself.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 10896846)
Was Skhiiiilar trying to decide where to run off too, and decided to stay?

Damn Syclops!

That's what it seemed like to me. I know everyone hates her, but she's actually got good reason to be angry with Walt, especially since he's still lying to her about things that are pretty obvious at this point.

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 10896861)
:lol: You have to carry the cross for all of us. I remember correcting people in one of last season's threads.

Yes, yes I know. :lol:

Fandango 08-22-11 02:23 AM

I wonder if Walt would have let him keep the dollar if he didn't make that comment about calling his wife when he wants to get tough.

silentbob007 08-22-11 07:09 AM

Walt has been playing fast and loose this entire season, but he really pissed me off taking those three ladies down into the lab ... I understand he's in a pissing match with Gus, but he has to realize that those ladies would probably be killed (or "sent away" if that was really true).

Gus is playing his "cultivation" of Jesse perfectly ... let him "save" Mike's life, then allow himself to be seen, showing that Jesse is supposedly now part of the group. Gus's encouragement at the end and Walt's accurate though unflattering description of the reasoning seems like Gus may replace Walt as the figure of authority in his life ... again, if Gus can keep Jesse with Mike to get him clean and win him over, then he can kill Walt and still have a cook he can better control.

rabbit77 08-22-11 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fandango (Post 10896909)
I wonder if Walt would have let him keep the dollar if he didn't make that comment about calling his wife when he wants to get tough.

Walt got completely emasculated by Bogdan. Serves him right.

I used to root for Walt, but I now look forward to his demise.

windom 08-22-11 10:23 AM

I still don't understand what Sylar was trying to do by flipping the coin at the four corners. I thought she was trying to decide whether or not to go to the police, but I'm not sure.

Anubis2005X 08-22-11 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 10897105)
I still don't understand what Sylar was trying to do by flipping the coin at the four corners. I thought she was trying to decide whether or not to go to the police, but I'm not sure.

I think she was planning to leave Walt and move to another state. It landed in Colorado twice, but then she couldn't bring herself to leave...

Dragon Tattoo 08-22-11 10:34 AM

"I am the one who knocks"

That entire conversation with SkySARS was brilliantly written.

Patman 08-22-11 11:24 AM

I thought Skeye-Larrr was more correct in her reaction to Walt's carelessness in buying the hot car for Walt Jr.

aktick 08-22-11 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rabbit77 (Post 10897102)
I used to root for Walt, but I now look forward to his demise.

Yep. He's just being a dick to everybody. If he was a little more political, at least pretending to care about Jesse's thoughts, Skydog's concerns, and playing the "good employee" for Gus/Mike, I would feel more sorry for him. But he's just gone full-out selfish prick this season.

Gdrlv 08-22-11 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 10896764)

Disagree. Walt was a fucking moron in this episode, and Skrillex rightly called him out on it.