Old 08-07-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
True Blood -- "Cold Grey Light of Dawn" -- 8/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Marnie's powers from beyond force Bill to take evasive, though unpopular, action to save vampires; Luna learns something new about Sam; Andy has a date with Holly; Jessica reconsiders her future with Hoyt; Alcide and Debbie run with a different crowd; Eric turns his amnesia into an asset.

Episode 7 of 12

Promo:

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1196620"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 43 – Preview&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1196620%26filter%3Dtrue-blood%26view%3Dnull"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1196620" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Ep. 43 – Preview&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1196620%26filter%3Dtrue-blood%26view%3Dnull" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object>
Old 08-07-11, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "Cold Grey Light of Dawn" -- 8/07/11

I don't care how much a guy claims to have changed, you can't just flash puppy eyes the way Eric did to Sookie and be going at that hard so fast.

Now for the big question: is Jessica dead? I hope not, but then again she wasn't in the spots for next week. Then again...if they showed her that would eliminate the suspense. My money would be on her surviving because they need her for the Hoyt falling out with Jason storyline.

This ep. really did kick things into high gear and planted the seeds for a lot of stuff in future eps. and possibly seasons. It also made clear that Pam is definitely a villain when it all comes around, and I am guessing they will string out the feud with Tara for a while.
Old 08-07-11, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For once, I'm glad the scenes for next week didn't give it away if Jessica was still alive (which you know she still is). Good episode though, and yet again, I'm still intrigued with the storyline for Arlene's baby and how Lafayette is able to see the woman too.
Old 08-07-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Season has been great so far, and I really liked this episode too. The vampire spell was pretty cool, especially when the one housewife burst into flames and her neighbor was like, "I KNEW IT!"
Tara aligning herself with the head witch will place her at direct odds with Sookie, that should play out nicely.
And a little comic relief with Arlene's ghost whisperer baby.
Old 08-07-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Best episode this season for me. Felt like there was real danger for our characters. The part where you think Bill is trying to command Jessica to not go and then says: "I command you to take this chains off me!" actually made me gasp. Ha ha.

And good on them not showing Jessica in the preview.
Old 08-07-11, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Losing Jessica would be almost unbearable.
Old 08-07-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent episode!

Ginger riding Pam's pink coffin. It's a requirement that she screams each time she appears in an episode - I love it.

Andy's awkward date ("They were on sale" ) was also a nice break from some of the somber and sappy moments throughout the hour.

Cain and Abel - are they still in the True Blood universe? Not interested in seeing Tommy/Sam making up again or even Tommy killing Sam, morphing into his brother and running Merlotte's into the ground.

Fiona Shaw.
Tara actually seemed more tolerable in her moments with Marnie/Antonia, but I would rather see Tara burn in the sunlight...darn wannabe TMZ reporters - a missed opportunity for Pam early in the hour!
Old 08-08-11, 12:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought this was the best episode of the season

Loved the comments from the crown that gathered watching Pam attack Tara "Is she a zombie?" "That's what a zombie would say"

The few Bill and Jessica scenes we get are always good.
Old 08-08-11, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This was easily the best episode of the season. We're past the midway point, so everything should be ramping up nicely into the finale. That being said, there are still issues.

I realize it's probably leading into the arc of Season 6, but why are Arcide and Debbie even on the show right now? Just seems like needless filler material for characters that don't have much to do with the main arc.

Sookie is now as stupid as Jason. It took 3 1/2 seasons, but Sookie has gone from being a somewhat sheltered girl with a strange gift to being a vampire slut with no common sense. Seriously, this is the central character of the whole universe? That being said, at least we got to see her tits again.

BTW, did they have sex over the course of several miles, or was the wolfpack meeting just very close to Sookie's place?

Sam and his bro continue to wow us with their ability to suck up screen time while going in the same circle they've been on all along. I'm sure the next step will be Sam being framed for murdering his parents. Just throw the bro in the gator lake and be done with it.

Finally, if Jessica dies, we riot!
Old 08-08-11, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

How long were Sooki and Eric doing it? A lot seemed to happen between when we first saw them and making it back to the house.
Old 08-08-11, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Fiona Shaw's acting is, imo, the best the show has ever had. I know that isn't a huge compliment (Denis O'Hare was great at chewing the scenary last season) in general but she's doing a damn fine job.
Old 08-08-11, 09:03 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

The past couple episodes have both been really good, imo. I'm digging all the necromancy stuff with Marnie -- creepy and effective as hell
Old 08-08-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Loved the comments from the crown that gathered watching Pam attack Tara "Is she a zombie?" "That's what a zombie would say"
Yeah, I loved "Oh shit, now there's zombies too?" I guess there might as well be, everything else has shown up by now.
Old 08-08-11, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I realize it's probably leading into the arc of Season 6, but why are Arcide and Debbie even on the show right now? Just seems like needless filler material for characters that don't have much to do with the main arc.
They hinted at this in the preview for next week, but:
Spoiler:

Looks like the werewolves are going to get drawn into the fight between the vampires and the witches.
Old 08-08-11, 10:58 AM

I agree with Rich and Geoff on Fiona Shaw.

I would be shocked if Marnie manages to survive past this season, but I must admit that she has become my favorite character. I watch the show with my brother and he concurs. Probably not what the writers were aiming for.

For me, Sookie is a few steps behind Nancy in "Weeds" in the race between characters that used to be enjoyable, well-written and rounded and now, well, aren't so much anymore. Funny how a well-placed sex scene can make one very forgiving, ha ha!
Old 08-08-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's kinda contrasting, I think, seeing the face of Marnie that looks like a really nice, good, person, and the evil character that she's suppose to be.

And yeah, she should be dead by the end of the season.
Old 08-08-11, 01:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX

That was great.

Originally Posted by TheKing

Finally, if Jessica dies, we riot!
Hell yeah!
Old 08-08-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Am I crazy, or was there a gunshot right before Jessica opened the door? If so there's a double cliffhanger of what happened outside with Jason.
Old 08-08-11, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
It's kinda contrasting, I think, seeing the face of Marnie that looks like a really nice, good, person, and the evil character that she's suppose to be.
While I have a feeling this will change over the course of the season, what has Antonia done to be considered evil? Sure, she's not taking into account the few vampires that are good. But considering she was raped, tortured, and murdered by vampires, and in her few hundred years of existence the vast majority of vampires were utterly evil bastards who thought nothing of killing people, can her attitude be blamed?

Though if she really wanted to kill off all the vampires in the area, maybe tipping off the king the night before wasn't so smart. Though I guess you could chalk it up to wanting to psychologically terrorize the vamps a bit - and let them know exactly who is killing them. Plus that would make for a short season If that's the case, she better have a stronger spell up her sleeve (in addition to having a good plan to avoid getting killed as soon as the sun goes down).
Old 08-08-11, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I wonder if that spell made Russell Edgington try to claw his way out of the cement? Alan Ball has said
Spoiler:
Russell may not be permanently gone. Glad he feels such, as he was too good a villain to have vanish and never be seen again.
Old 08-08-11, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Am I crazy, or was there a gunshot right before Jessica opened the door? If so there's a double cliffhanger of what happened outside with Jason.
Yep, there was a gunshot before she opened the door.
Old 08-08-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raul3
I don't really see her as evil, though. She's just out for revenge against a race of beings that tortured her and burned her at the stake, and who murdered millions of people over the centuries.
Old 08-08-11, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if that spell made Russell Edgington try to claw his way out of the cement? Alan Ball has said
Spoiler:
Russell may not be permanently gone. Glad he feels such, as he was too good a villain to have vanish and never be seen again.

Actor Denis O'Hare who played Russell has recently confirmed what Alan Ball said to be true.
Old 08-08-11, 08:58 PM

I heard hints of Shostakovich's Ballet Suite #4 in the Sookie/Eric scenes. It's a great piece of music.
Old 08-09-11, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn, I'm really starting to like King Bill. The writers totally have destroyed Sookie's character but they hit a home run with Bill's story.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.