Old 07-28-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 464 Likes on 345 Posts
Wilfred -- "Conscience" -- 7/28/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-28

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Against his better judgment, Ryan agrees to help Wilfred get rid of Jenna's alpha-male boyfriend.

Episode 6 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XE45HeTkhHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-29-11, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wilfred -- "Conscience" -- 7/28/11

Man, not only is this show still on, it's only on episode six of thirteen? Less than half of it's run? I tried, I really did. Then suddenly I didn't watch one episode immediately. Then it sat on my DVR for a week. Then I recorded the next episode. Then suddenly, I forgot the show was even on. There are bad shows out there, but this one takes the cake. Not only an absurdly stupid concept, but every episode is the same. I don't think I've ever seen a show that repeated the same plot every damn episode. And looking at the preview for this one, it's the same thing. Elijah Wood in love with girl, girl in love with someone else, crazy dog help Elijah Wood try to win girl. Hijinks ensue!!! Argh.
Old 07-29-11, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 138 Likes on 101 Posts

I completely disagree. I find it hilarious. Wilfred's schemes are always funny and the comedy is very subtle some times. Good stuff.
Old 07-29-11, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm actually really loving this series so far. I think its hilarious as well. Wilfred trying to poison Ryan with Chocolate...hilarious! Any word on a season two pick up?
Old 07-29-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a nice opener for Louie.
Old 07-29-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Last weeks with Rashida was the best. The plot was better and the over acting with Wood in the rain was great. But I love Rashida so Im biased.
Old 07-29-11, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

The pilot was a little weak but the rest of the episodes have been solid. I really like the subtlety of the show, I just hope enough people agree to keep this show on the air. The interactions between Ryan and Wilfred are gold. Even better are the moments where you remember that Wilfred is a dog... like in this episode he tries to kill Ryan with chocolate, how he responds to getting hit in the nose with a newspaper and how he humps the bear.
Old 07-30-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
The pilot was a little weak but the rest of the episodes have been solid. I really like the subtlety of the show, I just hope enough people agree to keep this show on the air. The interactions between Ryan and Wilfred are gold. Even better are the moments where you remember that Wilfred is a dog... like in this episode he tries to kill Ryan with chocolate, how he responds to getting hit in the nose with a newspaper and how he humps the bear.
Agreed.
Old 07-30-11, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts

This show is one of the better comedies on television at the moment. I think casting Frodo as the lead actor was a bad idea though and will ultimately sink its fate.
Old 07-30-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ryan: "What does Jenna hate most about Drew?"

Wilfred: "Vaginal tearing from his huge cock"

Old 07-30-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI: IFC will be airing the whole first season of the Australian version of the show on Sunday beginning noon ET.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I think casting Frodo as the lead actor was a bad idea though and will ultimately sink its fate.
I think it was perfect casting. He's an odd-looking fellow, which fits the bizarre nature of the show.
Old 07-30-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by coladar View Post
Man, not only is this show still on, it's only on episode six of thirteen? Less than half of it's run? I tried, I really did. Then suddenly I didn't watch one episode immediately. Then it sat on my DVR for a week. Then I recorded the next episode. Then suddenly, I forgot the show was even on. There are bad shows out there, but this one takes the cake. Not only an absurdly stupid concept, but every episode is the same. I don't think I've ever seen a show that repeated the same plot every damn episode. And looking at the preview for this one, it's the same thing. Elijah Wood in love with girl, girl in love with someone else, crazy dog help Elijah Wood try to win girl. Hijinks ensue!!! Argh.
I agree. I like dark shows with black humor but this show was a chore to sit through. It's such a downer.
Old 07-30-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still loving this. I guess I can understand the dislike, though.
Old 07-31-11, 02:12 PM

Not only an absurdly stupid concept, .
This turned me off to the show. But after I got past that, I really enjoyed the humor. It was kinda like the Office, which took a few episodes to get past the fact it was not a traditional sitcom.

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I completely disagree. I find it hilarious. Wilfred's schemes are always funny and the comedy is very subtle some times. Good stuff.
completely agree
Old 07-31-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Elijah Wood in love with girl, girl in love with someone else, crazy dog help Elijah Wood try to win girl. Hijinks ensue!!! Argh.
This was the first episode in a while that dealt with the above.

I'm really liking this show.
Old 07-31-11, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Anyone who's ambivalent about the show should watch next week's episode. It gets really insane, with both Ryan and Wilfred getting freaky (not with each other). Cuckolding is involved.
Old 08-01-11, 12:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't think much of the pilot but this show has really drawn me in during the past few episodes. I think I hit it 8 second back button on my dvr more during this show than anything else on television.
Old 08-01-11, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This episode was fucking hilarious. Im about to go to bed but I wanted to post before I forget, I ERUPTED when Wilfred yelled to frodo to put klien "In a body bag" And I THINK its cause I know that line from something... its Karate Kid right?
Old 08-01-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 134 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
This episode was fucking hilarious. Im about to go to bed but I wanted to post before I forget, I ERUPTED when Wilfred yelled to frodo to put klien "In a body bag" And I THINK its cause I know that line from something... its Karate Kid right?
That's the one -- "Put him in a body bag, Johnny!" -The Karate Kid
Old 08-01-11, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
FYI: IFC will be airing the whole first season of the Australian version of the show on Sunday beginning noon ET.
Damnit, I wish I would've came into this thread earlier!

I've been really enjoying this show so far. Which means, it will probably get cancelled.