Old 07-18-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- "Trials" -- 7/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Pete and Myka are on the case when witnesses in a murder trial begin to quickly lose their memories; Claudia is tasked with pursuing a thief who may be using an artifact for good purposes.

Episode 2 of 13

Promo:

<object width="400" height="400" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1340338"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1340338" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 07-18-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- "Trials" -- 7/18/11

Why is Claudia dressed like Kurt from Glee?
Old 07-19-11, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I thought this was a really good Myka-centric episode. I think we saw the character overcome alot of her fears and insecurities stemming from what happened with HG last season. I liked the narration and the meeting with the Warehouse officials. And I think this also really showed the borther-sister bond that Pete and Myka have. Joanne Kelly looks really good with the straightened hair this season.

The case of the week was also pretty cool with the reverse dementia and the cuff links causing it.

I'm assuming that Pete must have some abandonement issues or something from his younger mind.

Did anyone think that was so out of left field when Jinks just blurted out to Cluadia that he was gay? I don't think that was even necessary to write in unless they are trying to avoid some sort of romantic possibilities between him and Claudia.
Old 07-20-11, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Joanne Kelly looks really good with the straightened hair this season.
She looks SO different I almost do a double-take whenever I see her now.

The case of the week was also pretty cool with the reverse dementia and the cuff links causing it.

I'm assuming that Pete must have some abandonement issues or something from his younger mind.
Well, the character did completely explain it to Myka in the hospital when he was in it 8-ish phase. His mother left (died when he was very young) and his sister was headed off to college leaving him alone.

Did anyone think that was so out of left field when Jinks just blurted out to Cluadia that he was gay? I don't think that was even necessary to write in unless they are trying to avoid some sort of romantic possibilities between him and Claudia.
Honestly I think HE is lying. During Myka's final voiceover they showed Claudia and Jinks standing next to each other an he turned to look at her rather weird, longing sort of way.
Old 07-20-11, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Honestly I think HE is lying. During Myka's final voiceover they showed Claudia and Jinks standing next to each other an he turned to look at her rather weird, longing sort of way.
Ditto. I think the writers are waiting to see the character chemistry over several episodes before deciding what to with Claudia and Jinks. He may have the ability to tell when someone is lying, but it's not like the people around him do.

It also seems like they can't decide what to do with Myka and Pete. There's always been forum commentary about a brother-sister vibe between the two of them, but last episode Jinks made a commentary about repressed sexual tension between the two of them. Pete made some unfiltered comments about how he thought she was pretty, which he likely never would have made if he wasn't under the spell of an artifact.
Old 07-20-11, 12:09 PM

I seriously doubt they will backtrack on Jinks' gay proclamation. There was no reason to go their at all if it wasn't true. Plus there was the slo-mo shot last episode where he first saw Pete going into the museum. All that was missing was the blur filter and sappy music. It was totally telegraphed.
Old 07-20-11, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
I seriously doubt they will backtrack on Jinks' gay proclamation. There was no reason to go their at all if it wasn't true.
He went there to relieve Claudia of one additional element of stress on her first mission about which she was clearly stressed. It makes perfect sense that he'd invent that and the scene you're citing from last week was far more open than interpreting that glance he snuck at her at the end of this episode IMHO.
Old 07-20-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he is discovering his Bi tendencies, and they will have an episode entitled Chasing Claudia
Old 07-20-11, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
He went there to relieve Claudia of one additional element of stress on her first mission about which she was clearly stressed. It makes perfect sense that he'd invent that and the scene you're citing from last week was far more open than interpreting that glance he snuck at her at the end of this episode IMHO.
There's just no way this show is going to have a character explicitly proclaim he's gay, then come around and say nope, kidding. Plus it seems way out of his character for him to just lie like that. Time will tell, but I think Jinks is here and he's queer.
Old 07-24-11, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The real reason... Jinks fears Fargo.
Old 07-24-11, 10:05 AM
ATX

man yall not lying, Kelley was looking hella good with her new hairdo...

i thought the premiere was a better ep though

i wish that they woulda left Mrs Fredericks completely mysterious

i love all the appearing/dissapearing... thought they never shoulda did that episode where she was 'connected' to the warehouse