TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

From Jokers:

7:12

Kalia was alone in the kitchen cooking and Rach comes in looking for someone to play cards. At an opportune time, Rach asks Kalia if it was all Shelly's idea to put up Lawon, that she was taking credit for it and wanted to know what the truth was. Kalia basically told her no (the truth--but it was unclear to me whether or not she said it was Porsche that Shelly wanted up).

Basically, they were comparing notes on Shelly's lies. Rach wants Kalia to spread it around to her group that Shelly is lying her damn azz off and that she is on no one's side yet everyone thinks she is.

Rach obviously is trying ensnaggle her biggest enemy. (Which shouldn't be too challenging... Shelly lied about a lot of things). Kalia is open to talking to her because she wants to stay and needs votes. And appears to want to compare notes on another player's missteps.

So Shelly strolls by and comments how it is weird the two of them are even talking. Rachel leaves. Porsche entered.

Shell wanted to know what that was about. Kalia did a great cover keeping it very generic Rach asking about Lawon and what went on during her HOH and she totally played it off like she didn't understand what Rach's point was.

Rach then went outside and started walking with Jordan & Jeff.

Then a lot of the FOTH.

Shelly is then in the HOH with the headphones on.

Kalia & Rach continue to compare notes in the kitchen. Kalia agreed to play cards with Rach after she eats. Kalia gave tips to Rach about lowering her profile and keeping her wits about her. Now general chit chat and (uhm) bonding... or fake playing nice.

Very smart of Kalia to fan Rachel's antipathy toward Shelly (and viceversa when she and the other 'mean girls' are alone with Shelly) so that they're both each other's target during Thursday's double-elimination (even though nobody knows that for sure, not even uber-fan Adam). It's not even Sunday and I'm already anticipating Thursday's show (and the getting-on-each-other's-nerves drama all week long).

Last edited by dad1153; 08-20-11 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-20-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Be awesome if Rachel gets the boot on double eviction night and Dani has to spend a week in the jury house with Brenchel.

Happy Birthday!
Old 08-20-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No way this season is officially over once Rachel is voted out. Once she is gone your left with Porsche who sleeps all day Kalia who eats all day then self righteous Jordeff and their creepy middle aged groupies. And no drama around how this plays out to the end.
Old 08-21-11, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll find a way for Rach to win the first HOH on Thurs, just watch.

With the really good possibility Jeff's going to use the POV to put Dani up this is going to be Jeff's other really big BB episode. (The first is when he used the Coup D'tat to get Jessie out).
Old 08-22-11, 07:23 PM

POV Ceremony: Porsche is off the block, Daniele is nominated.

Don't know if she's pretending or has really turned, but Shelly spent a good deal of today trying to talk Adam into flipping his vote to evict Daniele because of Jeff & Jordan's desire to keep Rachel in the house. She also threw in 'newbies have to stick together' and 'let's flip the house' arguments, but it's clear Rachel being tight with J&J was the fuel behind Shelly's push to keep Dani. I'm now firmly convinced that, if she wins HOH this Thursday, Shelly will nominate Rachel with a pawn (maybe even Jordan) to ensure the former is voted off. Shelly's blind hatred of Rachel has completely overtaken any other concern about her gameplay.

Adam didn't budge on his decision not to keep Dani and hasn't told J&J about his convo with Shelly (with whom he's had a Final 2 deal for the longest time) but it's something he could keep in his backpocket to throw Shelly under the bus if push comes to shove. I can understand J&J not believing Rachel when she told the house Shelly had a Final 3 deal with Brendon and Rachel (which the CBS show proved was true). But if Adam (whom Jeff trusts as much as Jordan does Shelly) also joins the 'Shelly is lying and acting against you' choir then she'll be even lower than she already is in the alliance totem.

Last edited by dad1153; 08-22-11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-22-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish Dani had never tried to turn on her alliance so soon and I wish she had gone with J and J and not Brenchel. She likely would have coasted to the very same place in the game, but with much better allies and when she finally turned on them, she could have left Jo in the game because she's no real threat to win anything and head-to-head, should it have happened, Dani would have beaten Jo with a jury. As crazy as they are, Brendon and Rachel would not have given the money to someone they perceive as a "floater" like Jo even against someone who put a knife in their backs.

I just can't even root for Dani now to pull off a Hail Mary because she ended up teaming up with the only 2 people in the house that I would hate to see win, Porsche and Kalia.

If Dani hadn't put herself in a position that split the house, albeit with the numbers still not being on her side, Adam and Shelley, J and J, and even Rachel to some extent would be in play for her to stay. Now, I don't see that group even considering letting her stay. A J/J/A/D final four would have been a good one.
Old 08-22-11, 11:30 PM

The HG's (and production crew) must be bored or too tense to talk since Porsche is reading the Bible in the backyard aloud and they're not shouting her down. Seriously, if there's two things that don't mix at all in the same place at the same time are the teachings of the Holy Book and "BB" gameplay.
Old 08-22-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

At this point Adam has the key vote and he wants Dani out. I'm sure "Production" would like Danielle to stay since the Danielle/Rachel/Jeff-Jordan dynamic will keep the show interesting. I'm sure "Production" was dumbfounded when Danielle lost the POV since puzzles would have been in her wheelhouse and certainly not something Jeff would win. I guess Danielle can always blame the slop for making her brain stop working. I'm sure the "DR" will be working overtime to change Adam's mind.
Old 08-23-11, 12:14 AM

Have you guys read about the allegation that Dani's "production friends" supplied her with a bottle of wine in the Diary Room (when she's supposed to be a have-not)? Some have said that she's been talking openly about having friends that work on the show. And like DWilson mentioned, it kinda seems like they were setting Dani up with a good shot to win the POV with a puzzle comp. You also hear houseguests mention from time to time about how production is trying to influence them toward one side or another. It just seems like so much of it is rigged. (I still don't believe that Brendon won any sort of popularity contest... maybe Alison Grodner had fifty interns in a basement voting repeatedly all week for him.)
Old 08-23-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
As crazy as they are, Brendon and Rachel would not have given the money to someone they perceive as a "floater" like Jo even against someone who put a knife in their backs.
They did it last year. For all their nonsense about winning competitions and "blah blah" they voted for Lane over Hayden. Hayden won every single competition that he needed to last year. Lane coasted the whole season and got their votes.
Old 08-24-11, 12:31 AM

Dani is in full-on sulking, self-loathing mode right now with Kalia on "After Dark" because Dani just taped goodbye messages that nobody will see (i.e. if Kalia is evicted). It's awkward to watch/hear, and as close to feeling sorry for Dani as I've felt. I really hope either Jeff or Rachel follow Dani out the door come Thursday night so that at least there's a chance that the veterans will not plow through whoever is left.
Old 08-24-11, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dad1153
Dani is in full-on sulking, self-loathing mode right now with Kalia on "After Dark" because Dani just taped goodbye messages that nobody will see (i.e. if Kalia is evicted).
So she's turned into Rachel?
Old 08-24-11, 11:52 AM

^^^ No, to her credit (and because that's her personality) Dani keeps it in and she withdraws (emotionally and physically) rather than rub it in and make a spectacle, which is how Rachel deals with grief when there are dozens of cameras and microphones pointed at her.
Old 08-25-11, 09:08 AM

Holy crap, a lot went on in the house when "After Dark" left the air at 3AM ET. (OT: I honestly don't know, but does the West Coast get the midnight-3AM Pacific Time version of Showtime 2 -i.e. the three hours that follow the three ET hours- or do they get the same "After Dark" we get on the East Coast, either on tape at 12AM PT or live at 9PM PT? Just curious!). If you can go back and check the feeds/transcripts from about 3:10AM ET on. Basic summary:

-(earlier in the day and backdrop for what happened overnight) Rachel found the stuffed animals that were stolen from her (Jordan helped) and, furious, she started hiding stuff from Dani's (i.e. unicorn) around the house. A furious and already poe'd Dani didn't take kindly to this but didn't confront Rachel because she didn't have proof it was her. Dani spent hours looking for the stuff Rachel took without luck;

-Around 3AM-ish Shelly told Rachel that Jeff threw the cornhole POV competition that could have saved Brendon;

-Dani broke down in tears to Rachel in the storage room and basically begged her for a vote so that an all-girl alliance (Dani-Rachel-Porsche-Shelly) could rule the house. That sending her home (Dani) would mean a guaranteed win for Jeff and Jordan. Rachel (who kept it together and acted "Godfather"-like toward her) extracted from Dani that it was Porsche and Shelly that stole her stuffed animals and that yes, Jeff threw the POV cornhole comp. Rachel says if she (Dani) can flip Shelly (Rachel quote: 'if she's mean-enough to steal my stuffed animal then she's mean-enough to vote against Jeff and Jordan') or Adam that she would vote for Dani. That Dani has until 5PM Thursday;

[BTW, no idea if this was a Shelly-Dani coordinated two-front assault on Rachel to get her to change her vote because Adam wouldn't budge, or just a happy accident of Shelly using the Jeff POV cornhole loss to needle at Rachel and Dani not being able to hold the tears/shame of begging Rachel for her vote]

-Rachel confronts Jeff in HOH about him throwing the cornhole POV event that could have saved Brendon, but makes it a point to tell him it was Shelly who told her about it (she only mentions Dani confirmed this story, not that Rachel has promised Dani her vote). Jeff gets angry at Rachel for hanging out with Dani ('she'll say anything') and believing he'd do that, but even angrier at Shelly for starting this 'lie' of him throwing POV (which we know it's true);

-Adam tells Dani that she will absolutely not get his vote (a rare sighting of Adam's balls in action ) and Dani says her father will hate him forever;

-Jeff brings Jordan and Adam up to HOH and tells them that Shelly has to be cut out, that she has three separate Final 3 deals going and after Dani leaves they will either pawn her next to Kalia and Porsche or send her packing. Rachel's accusation and the fact Jeff saw Shelly and Dani talking in the storage room earlier in the day have him and Jordan really paranoid. Basically, whether Dani stays or goes Thursday, Shelly has fallen from grace with Jeff and Jordan (and thus Adam, who still hasn't told J&J about the push job Shelly did on him to keep Dani);

-Rachel, Dani and Shelly (whom Dani had all along but Rachel didn't know that) meet and agree that, together with Porsche, they will vote Kalia out and then blame Adam for flipping. Don't know if Rachel is serious about this flip or just egging Dani as a cruel joke to crush her even more (or to find out what Shelly really knows), but the body language between the three women as they plot makes me think this is for real.

So, if this new development happens, tomorrow Dani will stay and Kalia will be sent packing because Rachel became the flip vote and Shelly has become the new Kalia (i.e. Dani's second-best BFF after Porsche). Or Rachel will just vote Dani out crushing her even more and expose publicly Shelly as the two-faced liar she is LIVE ON NATIONAL TV. From everybody in this house I would expect a pussy move like the latter, but Rachel is the only one crazy and daring-enough (not to mention follow Brendon's advice to stick to Dani) to actually flip the house. And again, like when she talked Kalia into nominating Shelly/Lawon, Shelly is the architect of this grand flippero but this time the things she set in motion might crumble on top of her. BTW, what if Dani survives the first eviction but then Jordan wins HOH tomorrow during double-eviction and sends Dani packing right after Kalia? It'd be horrible for poor Brendon in Jury but then Shelly would be ostracized and kicked off the house after a week of just hell (you know Adam would then have no qualms about telling Jeff & Jordan that Shelly was lobbying hard for him to change his vote and keep Dani).

As a TV editor myself I'd hate to be the guy at "BB" today that has to make all of what went on overnight fit into the limited amount of video packages that can be shown tonight between the double eviction and squeezed HOH competition. Someone at CBS is gonna work like a fiend summarizing all of this so that Dani staying doesn't completely come out of left field. If Dani stays though... shocker!

Last edited by dad1153; 08-25-11 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-25-11, 11:38 PM

So, ignore everything above... never happened, went up in smoke to "BB" heaven and to a better place (i.e. Jury House with Brendon, Dani and Jeff).

When "After Dark" starts in 23 minutes your new HOH (after Kalia's short-but-productive one that got rid of Jeff ) will be Porsche!

So, who's up for some verbal/emotional torture for the rest of the week?
Old 08-25-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hate that
Spoiler:
Porsche
won! This season may turn out to have the dullest winner in BB history.

(spoilerized it because I'm not sure what the West Coast has seen yet)
Old 08-25-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The final two will probably be Porsche and Shelley.

...and I really can't stand either of those two.

Shelly is completely repellent. She reminds me of women at work who like to play the "mom" card but are just lying, gossiping, back-stabbing pieces of shit.

Porsche has the personality of a dishrag.

Kalia is obnoxious.

I'd rather see Rachel take the 500K before either of those three.
Old 08-26-11, 12:04 AM

And unless she wins POV this weekend Rachel is toast. Wow, Dani-Jeff-Rachel potentially out of the BB house in one week... production must be desperate because they're about to see their show's last guaranteed ratings-getter literally walk out the door.

Repeating the mantra from last season: can we move the live feed cameras over to the Jury House? Whatever Jeff or Brendon talk about while cleaning dishes (or Dani murmurs to herself as she tries to avoid them) has to be more interesting than the HOH Porsche-Kalia-Shelly convos we're about to endure for a week. Oh well, more time for me to play with my new HP Touchpad that I got for $99 (my first tablet).
Old 08-26-11, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Shelly is completely repellent. She reminds me of women at work who like to play the "mom" card but are just lying, gossiping, back-stabbing pieces of shit.

Kalia is obnoxious.

I completely agree. Your characterization of Shelly is spot-on. She is also very petty... even stole Rachel's dog..

Maybe someone will take Jordan to the final 2 assuming they can beat her and she'll win again. That would be hysterical.
Old 08-26-11, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Think about how repellent Shellsquatch must be to make even Rachel appear a sympathetic character.
Old 08-26-11, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Kalia is obnoxious.

I agree with you. Yes, I don't like Kalia, but this is not one of those seasons where there's a Maggie or a Natalie or even an Evil Dick (although he was quite popular with a lot of fans, despite being a vile person) where you have a real "villain" that will be going before the jury. This is just a really dull and unlikeable group.

I follow the show sort of between the people who just watch the show and those who have the feeds, so I have to believe if Porsche makes the finals, there will be a LOT of ambivalence. She's never said anything remotely interesting or done anything to make me care about her at all.

Shelley and Kalia would be where you'd have 2 people, perceived by the vast majority of viewers as "bad" people.

Adam is not much more interesting than Porsche.

I know Jordan is not loved here, on this board, and sure Rachel is either kind of insane or an incredible actress, but at this point, if 1 of the 2 don't make the final 2, there's no counter balance to the other group.

Personally, nothing will change that I like Jordan, but Rachel making the end vs. one of the dull newbies would be the best possible outcome imo, but Rachel is pretty much out the door based on who won HOH.

It doesn't seem like people like the Vet twist, but I'm even more shocked that a show like this could have cast so many people that have almost no personality combined.

I actually remember the cast from 2 summers ago, much more than last summer, but I can think of at least 6 people from that season where, whether you liked them or not, would have kept your interest and would have made for an interesting final 2 and there might have been more. This season was predictably bad. Taking Jordan out of the equation, I'd like to see ANY of the other vets win, even ED, who I hate, because at least they were interesting. It is a tv show after all.
Old 08-26-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I said it earlier tonight in the show thread, and I believe it even more now. I think Porsche wins this game. She's so much of a cypher that she just hasn't attracted the enemies that Kalia and Shelley have. Adam would have to have the girls start eating themselves (insert Kalia joke here) in order to even have a shot at final 2.

If you figure that Shelley has no shot at winning, and she's burned herself with open betrayal (and humiliation in Jordan's eyes) along with stealing Rachel's stuffed animal then it kind of comes down to Kalia versus Porsche.

As for Rachel or Jordan winning, it's very, very unlikely now. One of them needed to win HOH tonight. It's sad I was actually rooting for Rachel. I feel a little unclean.
Old 08-26-11, 12:59 AM

This is like watching paint dry now.
Old 08-26-11, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most paint is not hot as Porsche.
Old 08-26-11, 01:48 AM

I have a TV that can do split-screen (two channels at once). I have one on "After Dark" and another on some Spanish soccer game where I landed while flipping channels, and the soccer game is more exciting to watch now than "BBAD"... SOCCER!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.