TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Originally Posted by leeta
If the votes for AC were coming from the Jokers crowd, Jordan would win. They love her, like I do. It shows in this interview.
Old 09-09-11, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

If the jury was going to give her the big money (I'm still not convinced she'd have gotten the win), then she was the BEST player left in the F4

Normally I would agree with that but all of Brenchel and Jordeff entered the game with a guranteed jury vote and a guranteed jury advocate that no noob or Daniele automatically had and in every other season every player is on an even playing field . If she had won it would be entirely because of the votes Jeff earned from her aside from the friendship she made with Rachel.

Her social game was good last time but by her own admission she barely talked to people outside her alliance this time.
Old 09-09-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

You stated that you wouldn't hold being bad at challenges against someone, but you don't want Jordan to win. Porsche didn't even participate in the game until very late. She was not a good social player, she simply was the last newbie standing (Adam flipped so many times he's not really one or the other).

Her challenge weakness is not why I didn't want her to win it was how her awful attitude this season and the feeling her and Jeff were owed the game.

I would agree with you partly about Porsche social game but I don't think its anywhere near bad as Jordan or Rachels since aside from ignoring Rachel after Brandons first eviction I don't think she ever went out of her way to be disrespectful to anyone. And her challenge track record is actually pretty good considering she was not eligable to play comps for a month.
Old 09-09-11, 11:15 PM

Love the tour of the "BB" house that Rachel, Adam and Porsche (who is showing more personality than she has all season long... where was THIS Porsche in the past 71 days??!!) are giving the "After Dark" viewers. It's already more than what the Brigade did last year when they were F3, and these three HG's are obviously relishing the chance to show-off and kill time until Wednesday night (they've already been told there won't be F3 dinner special/flashback and that Wednesday will be finale). These three know they're locked with practically nobody watching for almost a week so they're making the most of it.

Last edited by dad1153; 09-09-11 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-10-11, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Normally I would agree with that but all of Brenchel and Jordeff entered the game with a guranteed jury vote and a guranteed jury advocate that no noob or Daniele automatically had and in every other season every player is on an even playing field . If she had won it would be entirely because of the votes Jeff earned from her aside from the friendship she made with Rachel.

Her social game was good last time but by her own admission she barely talked to people outside her alliance this time.
You have the right to your own opinion, but not Jordan's. Jordan, herself, stated that her social game was great and that she used that, while Rachel used her strength to win challenges. She specifically stated that she tried to talk to Porsche, but that she just wouldn't let her in or the two just were incompatible. Remember, Porsche really didn't like talking to Rachel who was her friend in the beginning, once she fell under the spell of Dani. Who's powers of people are almost as good as Maggie's were.

Shelley, Adam, and Kalia, some more than others, all fell for Jordan in one way or the other. If that hadn't been the case, Rachel would be in the jury now and Jordan would be in the final 3.
Old 09-10-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Adam developing a brocrush on Jeff which by default helps her and Kalia wanting some weird approval from everyone and having some weird obligation not to nominate Jordan because of a week 1 deal doesn't make her social game strong.

Adam based most of his decisions this game on what he thinks would make him a fan favorite so by default since Jordeff would get the same edit no matter how awful they acted in the house he was a guranteed vote in their pocket.
Old 09-10-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Adam developing a brocrush on Jeff which by default helps her and Kalia wanting some weird approval from everyone and having some weird obligation not to nominate Jordan because of a week 1 deal doesn't make her social game strong.

Adam based most of his decisions this game on what he thinks would make him a fan favorite so by default since Jordeff would get the same edit no matter how awful they acted in the house he was a guranteed vote in their pocket.

You said "by her own admission." That's simply not true, which is why I corrected you. You have every right to think her social game wasn't very good. I think, for the way things turned this season, that she was pretty darned good at the social part of the game. But Jordan, "by her own admission", actually played a very good social game. She said this, herself, in one of her exit interviews.

Interesting that Rachel denied that the vets got paid anything to come back and play and she said she believed that rumor got started by Dani. Not watching the feeds, just check Jokers about 4 times a day.
Old 09-10-11, 05:50 PM

That is one creepy interview.
Old 09-10-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwineTime
That is one creepy interview.
What exactly was the creepy part?
Old 09-10-11, 10:32 PM

^^^ I think he refers to the Jordan worship the interviewer/writer has for her in the before and after segments of the actual Q&A.

BTW, Porsche just won Part 2 of the HOH competition. Unless they carry him as dead weight for Jury to choose them over him I don't see how Porsch/Rachel take Adam to Final 2. It'll be Porsche v. Rachel live Wednesday night for Final 2 HOH Part 3.

EDIT: looks like Porsche/Rachel are definitely taking each other to F2. As soon as Adam was called to DR the girls started dancing/jumping/celebrating that they've won a minimum of $5,000 per week spent on the BB house. Check it out on the feeds or AD around 12:25AM, it's cute as hell (shame that Adam's GF Fara is watching and already knows Adam has no shot ) and there's no way CBS is showing this of finale night or it would kill the F2 drama.

Last edited by dad1153; 09-11-11 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-11-11, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

They sort of have to take each other... a woman has never a beaten a man in the BB final. I'm sure Adam knows that.

Looks like Adam will probably have the deciding vote.

Rachel will have Brendon's vote and most likely Jeff and Jordans' votes, too.

Porsche will likely have Dani and Kalia, and I can't see Shelly voting for Rachel.
Old 09-11-11, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dad1153
EDIT: looks like Porsche/Rachel are definitely taking each other to F2. As soon as Adam was called to DR the girls started dancing/jumping/celebrating that they've won a minimum of $5,000 per week spent on the BB house. Check it out on the feeds or AD around 12:25AM, it's cute as hell (shame that Adam's GF Fara is watching and already knows Adam has no shot ) and there's no way CBS is showing this of finale night or it would kill the F2 drama.
Why would you think that means they're definitely taking each other? No one in their right mind would say anything different in that position.
Old 09-11-11, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
looks like Adam will probably have the deciding vote.
Fitting, since that's all he's been all summer long. At least he got to meet Tori.
Old 09-11-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If Rachel has any sense, she will take Adam (provided she is the one who wins the last comp). Porsche will most likely beat her. I don't think Adam has a chance. Hopefully, she realizes this. Maybe she's playing Porsche.. as dino stated, it would be foolish of her to not play along.
Old 09-11-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, apparently I'm wrong Just checked Joker's and Rachel said this to Adam...

Quote:
Rachel telling Adam she made a F2 deal to take Porsche.
Old 09-11-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They have to tell each other they are taking each other, since one of them def. will have to power to choose. It means nothing.
Old 09-11-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Rachel vs Porsche:

Jeff: Rachel
Jordan: Rachel
Brendon: Rachel
Shelly: Porsche (hates Rachel)
Kalia: Porsche (hates Rachel, friendly with Porsche)
Dani: Porsche (ditto)
Adam: Rachel (probably. He should go for the strongest competitor unless she wins final HOH and he's butthurt that she didn't take him)

Rachel vs Adam

Jeff: Rachel (probably; but he seems likes Adam as far as I can tell)
Shelly: Adam (hates Rachel)
Kalia: ??? (These two dislike Rachel, but they see Adam as a floater)
Dani: ??? (ditto)
Porsche: Rachel (maybe, unless she's butthurt that she didn't take her)

Looks like a Rachel vs Porsche contest is a almost sure thing for Rachel; Rachel vs Adam would probably go that way as well, but its more of a wildcard. Men have also, historically, been favored when BB's final two are a man and a woman.

Porsche vs Adam

Jeff: Adam (probably; but he seems likes Adam as far as I can tell)
Jordan: Adam (probably; Porsche voted her out and put her up w/ Rachel)
Brendon: ??? (I'd lean toward Adam; unless he finds his floating offensive)
Shelly: Porsche
Kalia: Porsche
Dani: Porsche
Rachel: Porsche (unless she's butthurt that P didn't take her, but she should vote against Adam because his gameplay consisted of her despised floating)

I think the only real chance Porsche has is against Adam. I see Rachel beating her easily; with Adam, she at least gets to nullify her "floater" status. The only HOH Adam won, he basically didn't have to nominate anyone because the POV winner got to pick who was evicted. At least she tried to make a move with her HOH, even if Pandora's Box nullified it.
Old 09-11-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

If Rachel or Porsche win the final HOH and take each other then they deserve to lose. For the record, I think Adam votes for Porsche, but I could see him voting for whoever wins the final HOH.

I hope the hooker doesn't win.
Old 09-11-11, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Adam made exactly one hard decision in this game, when he voted to keep Jeff over Shelly, and even that didn't work out. Horrible player.
Old 09-11-11, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis

I hope the hooker doesn't win.
So you're pulling for Adam?
Old 09-11-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it goes like this:

Rachel vs Porsche

Adam: ???
Shelly: Rorsche

Rachel vs Adam

Dani: Rachel
Porsche: ??? prob Rachel
Kalia: ??? prob Rachel
Shelly: Adam

Porsche vs Adam

Jeff: Adam
Jordan: Adam
Brendon: Porsche
Rachel: Porsche

Last edited by leeta; 09-11-11 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-11-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it goes like this:

Rachel vs Porsche

Adam: ???
Shelly: Rorsche

Rachel vs Adam

Dani: Rachel
Porsche: ??? prob Rachel
Kalia: ??? prob Rachel

Porsche vs Adam

Jeff: Adam
Jordan: Adam
Brendon: Porsche
Rachel: Porsche
These kinds of things give me the biggest headache. I almost never know how things are going to go down. I didn't even see it coming the season Jordan won that Jessie wouldn't vote for Natalie and I thought Lydia would vote for Nat just because Jessie convinced her to.

The only thing I'm interested in, as far as how people will vote (I only want Rachel to win) is what Shelley will do. She loved Jeff and Jordan like a mother and she knew immediately that she'd done the wrong thing when she flipped. So, with all the controversy and anger about that and with Jordan having time to spend with Shelley, I'm really thinking Shelley would vote for Rachel against Adam and possibly Porsche.

I know Jordan sucked at the game, but I think she'll be a strong advocate for Rachel and she's got a lot of influence over Shelley. Shelley might see that voting for "her alliance" in the final might be a way to make up for turning on them.

I know Shelley can't stand Rachel, but with a chance to get the public back on her side, with Rachel's strong resume (especially if she wins the final HOH), and with Jordan and Jeff lobbying her, might she take the high road and vote for other reasons than what she thought of Rachel's personally?

That single vote could be for the $500k, so it's going to be interesting. I would like to think Adam would vote for Rach and not Porsche, because she's played the best if she wins final HOH for sure, but his crush on Porsche could easily be where his vote comes from. I think he probably thinks Porsche is a "cool" girl too, the kind that probably didn't pay attention to him much, and, although he'd be wrong, Adam probably also thinks Porsche would be popular with the audience.

This is why I hate even thinking about it. You just can never tell what a jury is going to do or what strange thing they may or may not be caught up on.

I do hope Jordan gets the AC money, but the women's vote will probably rob her and Jeff will get it again. It wouldn't matter that much, but if Rachel was being honest about the vets not getting paid 25k to come back, then I'd love to see Jordo get some extra money for herself and her family.
Old 09-12-11, 01:15 AM

So, here's Adam's last-ditch plan to convince either Porsche or Rachel to take him to Final 2 (per Joker's transcript of Adam talking to the cameras earlier today, Sept. 11):

I got the perfect plan to get to the finals. It’ll take me a little time to think about it. They both gotta take me to the finals. If they want to win $500,000, they have to take me. If they want $50,000, then they will take each other. One of them will win a half million, but I will decide who. And I will dangle that over their f’in heads.

(Evil laugh)

I can finally play the role of manipulator... If they want to take a chance and roll the dice, I’ll let them seal their own fate. I’m the deciding vote, or I can convince the jury why they should vote for them, not me.

I want $500,000. I want $500,000 bad. But, I don’t need $500,000. $50,000 will take care of what I need to take care of in my immediate future. $500,000 will set them up to do exactly what they want to do. Porsche wants to take of her father, she wants to move to LA, she wants to get her career going... $500,000 will help a lot. $50,000 after taxes won’t do s—. Rachel wants a dream wedding and help pay for Brendan’s schooling. I can make that happen. Or I can take that away from her and give her enough for a decent wedding, maybe half a year of Brendan’s school, and then they’re back to zero.

So, if you take me, I will convince the jury to vote for them for the $500,000.

But, I cannot tell either one of them this until finale day, so I can get in their heads right when they expect it least– make them panic, make them freak out, not give them enough time to think it through.

Danielle, Kalia and Shelly will not vote for Rachel. Brendan, Jeff, Jordan will not vote for Porsche. I can tell the jury not to vote for me and give them the money. Or, whoever decides to kick me out the door, will make a $450,000 mistake. (Another evil laugh...) Ah, sometimes in this house, the person with the most power is the person with the least amount of power. Do you want to win $500,000? Or are you happy with $50,000? If you’re happy with $50,000, get rid of me. If you want $500,000, keep me. (Evil laugh). And if you don’t believe me, if you think I’m bluffing, just try me. I’ll dangle $450,000 over their head, you will see what people will do.

Oh... but when to tell them this. I can’t tell them now. That’ll give them way too much time to think about it. You tell them hours before they have to make their decision. They’re gonna f’in freak out. (Evil laugh). (Inaudible) Can’t hurt to try.

Whose dreams do you want to come true? Yours or someone else’s? I’m the one that can make that decision. Or you can trust the person who’s played the most honest game.

Old 09-12-11, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Adam's made his pitch to Porsche. She's now told it to Rachel. Porsche's says she's pissed at Adam, while Rachel views it as a "threat", and notes that he hasn't tried it with her yet.
Old 09-12-11, 07:01 PM

^^^ As usual, Adam's timing is impeccable.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.