The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Old 09-01-11, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 13 after dark thread

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I can never figure out why CBS thinks sticking a bunch of people in a house, draining their energy with slop, and giving them absolutely nothing to do 99% of the time makes for compelling TV. Yet I still watch....
The only thing I can think of is that CBS thinks mentally and physically draining them will lead to bizarre decision making, hence more surprises and unpredictability. Personally the whole slop business and torturing contestants does nothing for me and actively makes the show less enjoyable at times.
Old 09-01-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The only thing I can think of is that CBS thinks mentally and physically draining them will lead to bizarre decision making, hence more surprises and unpredictability. Personally the whole slop business and torturing contestants does nothing for me and actively makes the show less enjoyable at times.
This is the answer. Not "celebrities."

Give them stuff to do. Don't starve them. Let the drink, but not to the point of putting themselves in danger from say, alcohol poisoning. They have 14 people to work with and it seems like a big deal for them to get one girl who's both hot and potentially willing to hook up with someone. They don't need to go back to the orgy-fest, but they could make the show a lot more entertaining without bringing back Jordan and Evil Dick every season or casting the likes of Kalia, Adam, and Jordan.

If it had been a good cast to begin with, on a revamped show, a person like Kalia would actually have been a good fit. You need someone who talks a lot and eats a lot. She's not mean, but she'll annoy people and, with the right cast, people will actually tell her to shut up. Will the cast then feel sorry for her, despite how she is annoying or will they turn on the "jerk" who was so rude to call her out in an undignified manner? Every time conflict happens, you'd have different resolutions based on many different factors.

But, whatever the fix might be, even if you had AG's giant ear, she would never overhaul the show. When the show dies, people will still be eating slop. Actually, the used to let "us", you know, America participate more. We could do more than pick out 3 disgusting food choices. We could pick out things that they could get like a BBQ or things to play with. I'd love it if we got to do that again, it would be a step in the right direction. They are playing cards without real cards. That's just plain stupid. If I'm going to try and keep my eyes open listening to Porsche talk during a game of bullshit, they should at least be playing with a real pack of cards.
Old 09-01-11, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Spoiler:
Rachel
is HOH. I know the comp was tailor-made for her, but I'm happy with it.

I have a feeling the veto competition will be the face morph thing. I don't recall who won that from Rachel's and Jordan's seasons...
Old 09-01-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
Spoiler:
Rachel
is HOH. I know the comp was tailor-made for her, but I'm happy with it.

I have a feeling the veto competition will be the face morph thing. I don't recall who won that from Rachel's and Jordan's seasons...
We usually get OTEV before the face morph.

In Rachel's season, morph was part of the final 3 long after R/B had left the house. Michele smoked the competition in J/J's season which caused Jeff's eviction. Stayed up that night for the results. It was favorite moment of the season. Then she went crazy after she left the house.
Old 09-01-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
We usually get OTEV before the face morph.

In Rachel's season, morph was part of the final 3 long after R/B had left the house. Michele smoked the competition in J/J's season which caused Jeff's eviction. Stayed up that night for the results. It was favorite moment of the season. Then she went crazy after she left the house.
Well, if you believe Michele, she was actually crazy in the house. She claims that she went in and played the character of "Michele" to get famous and that the person/slut/weirdo that she is today is who she really was and BB was just a way to make money and get opportunities after the show. If so, you can't argue that it's worked for her (she has had sex on television after all). It kind of makes me sick, because she was by far my favorite player that season and she would have won in the F2, without having to rely on getting votes from Jesse and Lydia only because they were just bitter and hated Nat. Jesse told her that he felt she deserved to win.

Anyway, Porsche was just talking to Adam, telling him that it doesn't matter who get's put up. That if any of the three win POV, they put up Jordan and vote her out. That's really not possible, is it? If K or P win POV, Adam would go up and J and the POV winner vote. If it's split, Rachel breaks the tie. Which means, almost certainly one of P or K are going home.

As far as Adam goes, not that I'd expect him to win, he's the only one who could win POV and end up causing Jordan to go up, right? And, at this point, I think he's finally had to make the choice to stay with Rachel and Jordan, for sure for their week in power and probably for good. He has to know that P and K offer him nothing and BOTH of them would beat him should he somehow make the F2.

He has an outside shot to beat Rachel if the jury votes purely on hating Rachel and he might be able to beat Jordan if he can manage just 1 win before this thing wraps up. Either way, he's almost certainly looking at 2nd place most likely (best case) should he make the F2, isn't he closer to R and J at this point? Wouldn't burning that bridge now, only result in a kind of Shelley-like episode that would make him look bad and make his slim chances to win go to none. I know he had the desire for a newbie to win, but would he give up on himself just to advance P and K?
Old 09-01-11, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Was her marriage/multi-year relationship part of the in-house Michele character too? She blew that up a week after she left the house. I don't know her, but if I were to play living room psychiatrist I would say the death of her brother coupled with the "popularity and fame" that was sprung on her when she left the house (she didn't expect to be popular!) made her go cukoo. The night terrors in the house made it clear she was dealing with some unresolved issues that she's still ignoring, along with her family. Too bad b/c I really liked Michele a lot. And you can't hide who you are on BB. You're there too long; it will eventually come out.

If you read Adam's chat with the feeders last night, it's clear that for right now he's with Jordan and Rachel. I'm sure he would rather Kalia go since he's had a relationship of sorts with Porsche since early in the game. I'm also sure Adam would rather be in an alliance with Jordan and Porsche, but they don't like each other and both think the other is useless.

You're right; Porsche's wrong, and she's an idiot! Adam would have to win veto and use it for Jordan to go up (assuming Porsche and Kalia get nominated). I don't see that happening. Maybe if Jordan was HOH, and Rachel would go up, but I don't see him betraying Jordan (or winning the veto for that matter!).
Old 09-02-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
He has an outside shot to beat Rachel if the jury votes purely on hating Rachel and he might be able to beat Jordan if he can manage just 1 win before this thing wraps up. Either way, he's almost certainly looking at 2nd place most likely (best case) should he make the F2, isn't he closer to R and J at this point? Wouldn't burning that bridge now, only result in a kind of Shelley-like episode that would make him look bad and make his slim chances to win go to none. I know he had the desire for a newbie to win, but would he give up on himself just to advance P and K?
Adam can't win the game against either of them (or anyone for that matter).

If he's in the final with Rachel, Rachel will have Brendon, Jeff, Jordan, and Daniel for sure.

If he's in the final with Jordan, Jordan will have Jeff, Brendon, Rachel, and Shelly for sure.
Old 09-02-11, 02:23 AM

Was her marriage/multi-year relationship part of the in-house Michele character too? She blew that up a week after she left the house. I don't know her, but if I were to play living room psychiatrist I would say the death of her brother coupled with the "popularity and fame" that was sprung on her when she left the house (she didn't expect to be popular!) made her go cukoo. The night terrors in the house made it clear she was dealing with some unresolved issues that she's still ignoring, along with her family. Too bad b/c I really liked Michele a lot. And you can't hide who you are on BB. You're there too long; it will eventually come out.
Glad I wasn't the only one that really liked the person Michele seemed to be on the "BB" house. Made her transition into 'slutty' (for lack of a better word, although 'emotionally conflicted' and 'personality stunted' seem like more appropriate terms) post-"BB" Michele all the more startling and disappointing. I also stayed up that night when Michele was talking/crying to herself before the morph POV that saved her. Her obvious inner-pain and conflict touched me like few reality TV contestants have (except maybe for a handful of families on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition") because in a house/show that caters to show-off personality types and posers Michele really seemed like an intelligent, awkward, self-doubting but basically normal person I'd meet in real life. How she snuck through Grodner's dragnet of stereo/typecasting HG's is still a mystery.

Saw Michele on the 8-8-11 'Dick at Nite' show a few weeks back and she seems comfortable in her own skin (loved seeing the Vizio TV entertainment set she won on her "BB" event in the background ) and a completely different person. In a weird way, of the three "BB" seasons I've seen (11-13), Michele remains my favorite and most memorable HG but the one I'd like to meet the least in real life.

Last edited by dad1153; 09-02-11 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-02-11, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dad1153
Glad I wasn't the only one that really liked the person Michele seemed to be on the "BB" house. Made her transition into 'slutty' (for lack of a better word, although 'emotionally conflicted' and 'personality stunted' seem like more appropriate terms) post-"BB" Michele all the more startling and disappointing. I also stayed up that night when Michele was talking/crying to herself before the morph POV that saved her. Her obvious inner-pain and conflict touched me like few reality TV contestants have (except maybe for a handful of families on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition") because in a house/show that caters to show-off personality types and posers Michele really seemed like an intelligent, awkward, self-doubting but basically normal person I'd meet in real life. How she snuck through Grodner's dragnet of stereo/typecasting HG's is still a mystery.

Saw Michele on the 8-8-11 'Dick at Nite' show a few weeks back and she seems comfortable in her own skin (loved seeing the Vizio TV entertainment set she won on her "BB" event in the background ) and a completely different person. In a weird way, of the three "BB" seasons I've seen (11-13), Michele remains my favorite and most memorable HG but the one I'd like to meet the least in real life.
Wow, I don't have any genuine desire to meet anyone from tv, but I get what you mean. But, no matter how gross I think she is right now (and I have absolutely no right to preach about how she lives her life, but I do have the right to have an opinion about it), I'd still want to meet her ahead of Natalie for example. Or even Kalia and Porsche and Jesse. Wow, that list could get large.

I could at least be interested by either version of Michele for a short period of time. I mean, whatever she's become, she's still an intelligent, educated woman, so maybe we could just talk about something and I could tune out the fact that she looks and acts the way that she does now.

But, if we're playing the if I could meet a BB player, now it would be Jordan. I really would like to see for myself if she's as sweet and as stupid as she appears on television. Yet, if the Michele that played in BB 11 ever did really exist, then I'd still pick her.

I remember being a huge fan of that alliance and that season and it was the last time I had the feeds and I got them right around the time Jeff got to just get rid of Jesse because Allison decided it needed to be done. It's not that I didn't like Jordan then too, I did, but at one point, everyone was really picking on Michele and it was the one period of time during her 2 seasons that I didn't like who Jordan was being, because she was bad-mouthing Michele (led by Jeff) in very personal, non game-related ways.

I wanted Michele to win so badly after that. Now I look back and knowing what I know about Michele, I'm glad that she lost. It would bother me a whole lot more that she became whatever the hell you would call her, after winning BB and then going on record saying that she was already done with her husband and that her inner slut and even sluttier fashion sense and desire for ugly giant implants was already there and she went into the house, as she claims, to just play a character.

Again, I've read things about several people from reality shows. Michele is the only one that I've ever communicated with and she insisted that the Michele that we saw was an act.
Old 09-02-11, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Well, if you believe Michele, she was actually crazy in the house. She claims that she went in and played the character of "Michele" to get famous and that the person/slut/weirdo that she is today is who she really was and BB was just a way to make money and get opportunities after the show. If so, you can't argue that it's worked for her (she has had sex on television after all). It kind of makes me sick, because she was by far my favorite player that season and she would have won in the F2, without having to rely on getting votes from Jesse and Lydia only because they were just bitter and hated Nat. Jesse told her that he felt she deserved to win.
I wasn't too shocked by her turn. I remember watching After Dark, and during a backyard conversation, Michele was nonchalantly discussing her bisexuality, her proficiency with sex toys, and her love of performing anilingus.

I also remember reading that she was already separated from her husband when she went into the BB house, but didn't tell anybody.
Old 09-02-11, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Anyway, Porsche was just talking to Adam, telling him that it doesn't matter who get's put up. That if any of the three win POV, they put up Jordan and vote her out. That's really not possible, is it? If K or P win POV, Adam would go up and J and the POV winner vote.
Assuming Rachel nominates Porsche and Kalia, the only way Jordan gets put up is if Adam wins the veto and removes one of the nominees. Rachel will have no choice but to put up Jordan as a replacement. In the event that does happen, Jordan will go home because P/K and Adam would vote her out. There's no reason for Adam to use the veto other than to get Jordan out.

Unless Adam does something sneaky and splits the vote, then Rachel breaks the tie.

Since all five will be playing in the veto comp, it's crucial for Adam to play to win to keep himself safe because he will be the replacement nominee if either P or K wins veto.

Would be interesting, too, because it would force him to finally make some kind of move, either by using it or not using it, for the first time since he's been in the house.
Old 09-02-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rachel opened Pandora's Box. Nothing bad for her or Jordan in a game sense. She missed out on a reward and was stuck with an obnoxious jerk. Guess who?? lol
Old 09-02-11, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rachel opened Pandora's Box. Nothing bad for her or Jordan in a game sense. She missed out on a reward and was stuck with an obnoxious jerk. Guess who?? lol
Brendon?

I think we've seen enough of Jessie Godderz. Four straight years...ugh.
Old 09-02-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Brendon?

I think we've seen enough of Jessie Godderz. Four straight years...ugh.
umm... no, not Brendon.. apparently AG thinks BB just wouldn't be the same w/o Jessie
Old 09-02-11, 09:28 PM

Hey, I'm a big "Au hasard Balthazar" fan too (Bresson rulz!)
Old 09-02-11, 09:31 PM

Rachel opened Pandora's Box.
Is everyone in that house effen' nuts? Even if it's obviously a 'joke' Pandora's Box, you leave it the fuck alone and don't tempt lady luck (i.e. Grodner) to turn on your game even if you think/know you're on her script. Jesus Christ!
Old 09-02-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153
Is everyone in that house effen' nuts? Even if it's obviously a 'joke' Pandora's Box, you leave it the fuck alone and don't tempt lady luck (i.e. Grodner) to turn on your game even if you think/know you're on her script. Jesus Christ!
But then Adam wouldn't have gotten a kiss on the cheek from Tori Spelling. And invited to her house after the show to meet her daughter!

I'm betting that Rachel was told nothing "bad" game wise would happen if she opened the box. They don't book Tori Spelling and then have Rachel not open the box.
Old 09-02-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm betting that Rachel was told nothing "bad" game wise would happen if she opened the box. They don't book Tori Spelling and then have Rachel not open the box.
My thoughts exactly. There is probably some clause where they have to open Pandora's Box (and do other twists) since they go to a lot of trouble and expense to set them up and they have planned for them to take up airtime.
Old 09-03-11, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Those Pandora's boxes are all setups where you can tell production leans heavily on the participants to open them. They are fake like most other things in the game.
Old 09-03-11, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, now that I broke down to get it, I think I'll keep it as long as Jordan's in the house, but BBAD is just god awful (these people are awful). I've never seen anyone do anything or say anything remotely interesting. Dogs and prom dresses.

I think there was 2 mins of game talk, but you'd think that, since they know the hours BBAD are on, they'd give them things to do to make it somewhat interesting for the viewer.

They should not have let Adam wet himself over Tori Spelling, but, instead, let "Dexter" loose on the houseguests. Not the actor, but the killer.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 09-03-11 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-03-11, 03:25 AM

...let "Dexter" loose on the houseguests. Not the actor, but the killer
HIM??!!
Old 09-03-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, now that I broke down to get it, I think I'll keep it as long as Jordan's in the house, but BBAD is just god awful (these people are awful). I've never seen anyone do anything or say anything remotely interesting. Dogs and prom dresses.
It's usually pretty pointless, but the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks are always the worst.
Old 09-03-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
It's usually pretty pointless, but the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks are always the worst.
And since they're taping Wednesday night's show Tuesday afternoon, the feeds will probably be shut down and we'll get programming from another time period on BBAD until after Wednesday night's CBS show.

Last edited by DWilson; 09-03-11 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-03-11, 04:36 PM

And the POV winner is Adam!

If he's been true to his word then he'll let Kalia and Porsche's nominations stay. But is somehow K&P work their magic on Adam then one of them comes off (probably Porsche), Rachel has to put Jordan as a replacement and then Jordan goes to Jury on a 2-0 vote. In all scenarious and both alliances Adam is lowest one on the totem pole, so it comes down to whom he'd rather go with to Final 4. Adam will not be able to float anymore, he'll have to pick a side and stick to it. Drama for the next two-three days!
Old 09-03-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just don't see Adam betraying Jordan. He's been honest/unyielding this summer when he actually gives his word, and he gave Jordan his word last week. Plus, he genuinely likes her and wants to get rid of Kalia. He can do that w/o changing nominations.

I am surprised he won though. It gives credence to the thought that maybe he wasn't throwing anything.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.