TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
Re: Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I wonder if you can trust Grodner on this.
Ha! Trust Grodner....yeah.

I still miss Shapiro.

Oh yeah, and vote for Cassi!!! Even if she loses she'll be back on TV.
Old 08-05-11, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know what they're going to do for the Redemption Island competition. It can't be house trivia, because it has to be set up for someone that may have only spent one week in the house. Endurance seems like best way to handle it, as it would make the person more deserving of a second chance, but they wouldn't be able to do that during a live show. It will have to be something quick, because they'll still have an HoH to play.
Old 08-05-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dad1153
Either way, am I dreaming this is possible or is it a lock Cassi or Dom are coming back?
I can't see it going any other way than Cassi or Dom.

I've never seen a couple more perfect for each other than Brendon and Rachel. Holy hell they both deserve each other.
Old 08-05-11, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Ha! Trust Grodner....yeah.

I still miss Shapiro.

Oh yeah, and vote for Cassi!!! Even if she loses she'll be back on TV.
Grodner already rigged tonight's HOH challenge.

How the hell can Kalia known Keith had said the first quote when Chenbot never even got to say the beginning of the quote when she Kalia all of a sudden hit the button with Keith's name out of nowhere?

She KNEW that was coming. And Grodner obviously tried that with Rachel too as she hit her button before Chen even started the quote but she hit the wrong one and that's why she cursed like that. She knew she had screwed up.

So ridiculous.
Old 08-05-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Grodner already rigged tonight's HOH challenge.

How the hell can Kalia known Keith had said the first quote when Chenbot never even got to say the beginning of the quote when she Kalia all of a sudden hit the button with Keith's name out of nowhere?

She KNEW that was coming. And Grodner obviously tried that with Rachel too as she hit her button before Chen even started the quote but she hit the wrong one and that's why she cursed like that. She knew she had screwed up.

So ridiculous.
I know that some of the game shit get's ridiculous, but I don't believe that people are given answers for these games. Dani and Kalia were talking last night about these kinds of question games and listening for keywords to give a clue as to who the answer is. When a question is stated as "During the eviction ceremony who referred to the houseguests as...." and they only have 3 choices, it may be easy to try and read ahead in your mind if only one of the houseguests really said anything important or memorable. You know, the same way people assume and think ahead on similar type questions on real game shows.
Old 08-05-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

So ridiculous.
Agreed. I thought the whole think looked really fishy. I suppose it's possible that Rachel sort of panicked and hit the button, but when Kalia was able to correctly answer a question before it was comYOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR DIARY ROOM SESSIONS
Old 08-05-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superfro
I know that some of the game shit get's ridiculous, but I don't believe that people are given answers for these games. Dani and Kalia were talking last night about these kinds of question games and listening for keywords to give a clue as to who the answer is. When a question is stated as "During the eviction ceremony who referred to the houseguests as...." and they only have 3 choices, it may be easy to try and read ahead in your mind if only one of the houseguests really said anything important or memorable. You know, the same way people assume and think ahead on similar type questions on real game shows.
We still haven't gotten around to watching the show, so I'm basing everything on what's being reported here. Didn't Dom call the houseguests spineless jellyfish at the eviction ceremony? That's what name came to my mind immediately from just that amount of a question. Am I wrong to think that's another very reasonable answer if you were looking for key words? And Dom left much more recently and was fresh on their minds. Yet, she guessed Keith not Dom. Is there any reasonable answer to why or am I still missing something? We probably won't watch it to see for ourselves until tonight.

That said, this talk goes on EVERY season. And usually there is some pretty good evidence that something hinky is going on, if not rigging, something very close to it. Where there's smoke, there's fire and I don't like getting invested in the show, even if it has been an all around disappointing cast and season so far, and to know that it's being manipulated this way by production. Can you imagine if Survivor or the Amazing Race had these kinds of rumors? People genuinely care about the integrity of those shows, so something would happen. Burnett went into damage control immediately years ago when it came out they used models to be in comps where they didn't get the right shot, where it had nothing to do with the actual results, and promised they'd NEVER do it again to make the uproar go away. Yet Grodner and company get accused of cheating every season and it never goes anywhere.
Old 08-05-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We still haven't gotten around to watching the show, so I'm basing everything on what's being reported here. Didn't Dom call the houseguests spineless jellyfish at the eviction ceremony? That's what name came to my mind immediately from just that amount of a question. Am I wrong to think that's another very reasonable answer if you were looking for key words? And Dom left much more recently and was fresh on their minds. Yet, she guessed Keith not Dom. Is there any reasonable answer to why or am I still missing something? We probably won't watch it to see for ourselves until tonight.
No...she did answer Dom. I was assuming that was the question that Evan was referring to, but yeah, the answer give wasn't Keith, it was Dom and I'm sure Kalia's thought process was exactly like yours above. That's my point.
Old 08-05-11, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Exactly. And if they were rigging the game as Evan suspects, why would they give the answers to both Kalia and Rachel who are on opposite sides of the house?
Old 08-05-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Okay, so I'm rooting for Dominic to come back, since I think he can help Danielle the most and I'm not sure if Cassi would fall in with Shelly (who I have no clue about).

That said, I always thought they kept information from the evicted houseguests if there was a chance they'd come back, but this time, so have been asked questions by Chen where she gives information they may not have known (or confirms it) and they see the diary room goodbyes (which also show how the other houseguest really feel - usually).
Old 08-05-11, 04:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm wondering if this twist was planned from the beginning or improvised because Dick left and they needed to pad the show by a week?
Old 08-05-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
Okay, so I'm rooting for Dominic to come back, since I think he can help Danielle the most and I'm not sure if Cassi would fall in with Shelly (who I have no clue about).

That said, I always thought they kept information from the evicted houseguests if there was a chance they'd come back, but this time, so have been asked questions by Chen where she gives information they may not have known (or confirms it) and they see the diary room goodbyes (which also show how the other houseguest really feel - usually).
Julie hasn't given away anything that could hurt anyone's game in the exit interviews. That's actually how I knew someone would be returning. When Julie made no mention of Shelly's (her partner and closest friend in the house) lies, I knew someone was coming back. The goodbyes could hurt some people, but anything that would mention any kind of secret alliance would just be edited out.
Old 08-05-11, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
I like Dom, but he had his chance. He was on the block to start the week he was eliminated and still threw the veto competition w/o a firm deal. That alone means he doesn't "deserve" to come back.

In contrast, Cassi was truly "back-doored" as she didn't even get to play for that week's veto to save herself. Plus, her coming back would melt Rachel's brain.
Old 08-05-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

The game portion of the show is heavily rigged to tilt the odds in favor of houseguests the producers and CBS think will pull in ratings. Anyone that has watched the show for several seasons should recognize that aspect of the show.
Old 08-05-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The game portion of the show is heavily rigged to tilt the odds in favor of houseguests the producers and CBS think will pull in ratings. Anyone that has watched the show for several seasons should recognize that aspect of the show.
Sure..in so far as the types of games chosen, but you fully believe that people are straight up given answers and this was the case this week? Cause that's what's being discussed here in particular.
Old 08-05-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like Dom, but he had his chance. He was on the block to start the week he was eliminated and still threw the veto competition w/o a firm deal. That alone means he doesn't "deserve" to come back.

In contrast, Cassi was truly "back-doored" as she didn't even get to play for that week's veto to save herself. Plus, her coming back would melt Rachel's brain.
Well, it's quite possible that for Cassi to come back she might have to defeat Rachel. So, the brain melt would only be shown on tv for a short time and if Cassi loses, you're going to have to deal with Rachel walking back in the house and then Grodner puts in the fix for her to HOH too. That would be a nightmare for you.
Old 08-05-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Exactly. And if they were rigging the game as Evan suspects, why would they give the answers to both Kalia and Rachel who are on opposite sides of the house?
Because are the two people who would give the best drama for the next week. So its in Grodner's best interest for either one of them to win.

So she'd stack the deck for both of them.
Old 08-05-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sure..in so far as the types of games chosen, but you fully believe that people are straight up given answers and this was the case this week? Cause that's what's being discussed here in particular.
Even I won't say that they were straight up given the answers. But there wasn't enough said by Chen in the beginning in any way for someone to have gotten the answer right to the first question without some idea ahead of time.
Old 08-05-11, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, it's quite possible that for Cassi to come back she might have to defeat Rachel. So, the brain melt would only be shown on tv for a short time and if Cassi loses, you're going to have to deal with Rachel walking back in the house and then Grodner puts in the fix for her to HOH too. That would be a nightmare for you.
Who says Cassi would lose? We've only seen her compete in two "physical" HOH challenges. One, the banana, she didn't even try to win, and two, the golf, was a one swing and done thing. I don't think we really know what kind challenge competitor she is. All we know is that Dom can walk and chew gum.
Old 08-05-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But there wasn't enough said by Chen in the beginning in any way for someone to have gotten the answer right to the first question without some idea ahead of time.
It happened like 12 posts ago on this very page and dolphinboy isn't even living with the people 24/7.
Old 08-05-11, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know how anyone who has watched the show a long time can say the show isn't slanted to help the fan favorites. Dick even won because one of the players in this house was "Americas player" who was contractually obligated to make moves that benefited Dick all season then had to vote for him on the jury and had to try and convince the rest of the jurors to vote that way as well.

Although I don't know why they would want Kalia HOH to win since Jeff going on the block and going home is a highly likely possibility since it wouldn't be a give he would beat Brandon,Cassi or Dominic in the reentry comp.
Old 08-05-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because are the two people who would give the best drama for the next week. So its in Grodner's best interest for either one of them to win.

So she'd stack the deck for both of them.
But Rachel is gonna create drama no matter if she is in power or if her rivals are in power.
Old 08-05-11, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you imagine if Survivor or the Amazing Race had these kinds of rumors?
Both of those shows have those kind of rumors but have no live feed or the rabid hysteria fandom level the way BB has.

The scary thing is those shows it's probably a lot easier to stack things the way you like if so inclined.
Old 08-05-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Who says Cassi would lose? We've only seen her compete in two "physical" HOH challenges. One, the banana, she didn't even try to win, and two, the golf, was a one swing and done thing. I don't think we really know what kind challenge competitor she is. All we know is that Dom can walk and chew gum.
Easy, I never said she'd lose. I'm certainly no fan of Rachel or even Jeff, the most likely people to go out and face, almost certainly Cassi. Just sayin' that a) if it's Jeff, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow it's tilted towards giving him an advantage because J and J still pull in the ratings and there has to be some fear right now that Kalia and Lawon types are going to be left soon and Dani alone isn't going to make up for that and b) For all her disgusting, trashy behavior Rachel is always a factor in a challenge, especially the quick ones they're likely to do.

So I'd just say Cassi would be the underdog either way and that Grodner would seem to want to keep Rachel, Jeff or even Jordan should any of them get booted because that could potentially bring the drama level back up. Kalia sobbing like a beached whale doesn't make for good tv. I told you, I want Cassi back if she goes against Rachel, but I can't deny Rachel going back in would probably make for better tv. You never know what Cassi would do, especially since Shelly isn't firmly with anyone and if she's smart, she'll go to the power and right now that's Kalia and Dani, which, for now, really sucks.
Old 08-06-11, 01:45 AM

Spoiler:
Jeff and Rachel
are on the block, and Shelly is in absolute hysterics!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.