Reload this Page >

Big Brother 13 (CBS)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 13 (CBS)

Old 07-22-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts
Re: Big Brother 13 (CBS)

I can't wait to see the Diary Room asides during the "Who want to see my HOH room?!" segment.
Old 07-22-11, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
So Rachel literally has only three couples to choose from this week: Dominic/Adam, Lawon/Kalia, and Jeff/Jordan. Assuming, she doesn't nominiate J/J, the vets pretty much get to choose which person goes with one possible exception. If they want Dominic gone, she needs to nominate Lawon/Kalia. Then it's 50/50 if Dominic/Adam compete in the veto comp. If anyone else wins veto, they would use it and Dominic/Adam would go up. The vets have four votes and the newbies have four votes so Rachel would break a tie. Assuming that Daniele is willing to vote Dominic out.
I'd go the other way. I'd nominate Dom/Adam b/c they are far more likely to win veto than Lawon/Kalia. If you are Jeff and Jordan you don't want Lawon and Kalia up with Dom and Adam playing for veto. If they win then J/J is going home.

They certainly gave Cassi a good edit tonight. If there is a vote back in this year (there hasn't been since season 9) she's got a good chance as long as J/J aren't evicted. Julie was even editorializing more than usual.
Old 07-22-11, 12:20 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably won't like the rumored upcoming Legends vs. Allstars season then. Going by when the last full Allstars season was (season7), we could see all returning players next season (14).

well an allstar season is an allstar season, i have no problem with it in general

but if this is the case for next season, then it just makes it worse that they brought these retreads back prematurely

man, seriously though the rachel stuff is disturbing to me and it's not funny anymore...the girl needs professional help
Old 07-22-11, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd say someone is definitely coming back. If Cassie was out of the game for good, Julie would have told her about Shelly. No way they would miss out on that reaction.
Old 07-22-11, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
I'd go the other way. I'd nominate Dom/Adam b/c they are far more likely to win veto than Lawon/Kalia. If you are Jeff and Jordan you don't want Lawon and Kalia up with Dom and Adam playing for veto. If they win then J/J is going home.
You're right. J/J will be in trouble this week if the non-nominated newbies win veto this week and if they use it. Jeff needed to win this week. Of course so did either Rachel or Brendan for their sake.

Although now, Brendan and Rachel will probably have the biggest targets on their back since they continue to excel at the comps.
Old 07-22-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You probably won't like the rumored upcoming Legends vs. Allstars season then. Going by when the last full Allstars season was (season7), we could see all returning players next season (14).
I'd like to see a season made up entirely by the people who were voted out first. Could be interesting.
Old 07-22-11, 11:56 PM

Rachel's nominee evictions for this week are
Spoiler:
Dominc and Adam, again.
If Kalia and Lawon are picked to compete and win the POV they've said they'll use it to get Dominic and Adam out. That would only leave Jeff and Jordan as backdoor options. On the feeds Jordan is acting scared that she and Jeff are goners while Kalia is walking and acting as if she were Oprah owning the BB house. For someone that hates 'floaters' Rachel sure is letting Kalia skate by with such an attitude.

Karma comes around, and if this scenario unfolds it would truly be a bitch.
Old 07-23-11, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone besides Dominic or Daniele win this season I would be shocked they both seem to be complete package players( ie strong social,strategic,challenge games) much like Hayden was last year.

Dani seems to have matured and grown a social game she never had last time and Dominic is starting to be someone everyone in the house wants alligned with them.
Old 07-23-11, 05:31 PM

And the winner of the POV competition is...
Spoiler:
... Brendon! Talk about total dominance (and peaking way too early) by Brenchel.

While this might seem like trouble for Adam or Dominic (particularly the former) there has been non-stop talk in the feeds and "After Dark" from Dani (who's pushing hard to save Dom), Porsche and Kalia telling Brenchel to break up Jeff and Jordan now before Jury (one this week, another the week after before Jury). At this point I'd say there's a 50-50 chance that J&J will go up as replacements based on Rachel (her own self-doubt and what HG's she listens to are whispering in her ear) and Brendon (he'd rather keep J&J for another week and wants either Adam or Dominic out, but he's aware that this is the best chance to get rid of J&J) reacting to the now-loud drumbeat of 'put J&J up' from their loyal HG's.

Then again, a couple of days from now things could turn around radically.

Last edited by dad1153; 07-23-11 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-27-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well this season has been pretty boring.
Old 07-27-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts

At least we now know that Jordan is shaved.
Old 07-27-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lordwow View Post
Well this season has been pretty boring.
But the frumpy women across America who swoon over Jeff will be happy all summer and thats what really matters.
Old 07-27-11, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Howie2000 View Post
But the frumpy women across America who swoon over Jeff will be happy all summer and thats what really matters.
He's so dreamy. I particularly love when he orders his girlfriend not to talk about the game with anyone when he isn't present and instead tells her to "Shut up. Go eat something." What a gentleman.
Old 07-28-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
He's so dreamy. I particularly love when he orders his girlfriend not to talk about the game with anyone when he isn't present and instead tells her to "Shut up. Go eat something." What a gentleman.
Well to be fair, she isn't all that bright.

Then again, I think Jeff is hilarious, so what can you do.

In other news..I was at Comic-Con this past week and got to see this. Um...WTF?

Also...was totally on the same flight as Season 12's Matt from LA to Chicago and got to chat quite a bit while we waited for the flight. He was super down to Earth and it was a ton of fun to just chat about the show a bit.

Last edited by superfro; 07-28-11 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-28-11, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^Did you post a picture or something? I'm not seeing anything.

Did the diabolical super genius have anything to say about the mess that is Rachel?
Old 07-28-11, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,599 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
Well to be fair, she isn't all that bright.
Jeff isn't exactly the sharpest tack in the box, either. He hides it better, though.

I'm still sort of amazed how Jordan figured out the mystery guest was David Hasselhoff from the first clue (three bars of soap and opera glasses).

My first guess would have been Gerard Butler (opera glasses = Phantom of the Opera) even though I knew he wouldn't be slumming on a show like "Big Brother."
Old 07-28-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are Brenchel just happy to be on TV? Do they know they need to be the final 2 to have any hope of winning?
Old 07-28-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would actually prefer the entertaining trainwreck Brenchel to win over Jeff although that is gonna be tricky because the Producers put in a ugly middle aged Jeff fan in the cast to help him win.
Old 07-28-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts

I would actually prefer the entertaining trainwreck Brenchel to win over Jeff although that is gonna be tricky because the Producers put in a ugly middle aged Jeff fan in the cast to help him win.
Are you sure she's not an ugly middle aged "Jordan fan". I'm really not sure.
Old 07-28-11, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. That's totally his key to winning. I can't count how many times this game has come down to the alliance with the middle aged woman in the house! Brilliant!

Do you also want to jump on Brendan's bandwagon of tonight's HOH comp being rigged for people with small feet. (Which he'll be driving if he loses I'm sure.)
Old 07-28-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
Yes. That's totally his key to winning. I can't count how many times this game has come down to the alliance with the middle aged woman in the house! Brilliant!
Shelleys vote was essentially the one that sealed Dominic and Keith's fate who would have been challenge threats to the couples.

Shelley is boring and hideous look and creepily obsessed with Jordeff her spot in the cast wouldn't make sense other then to help them.

Even though there is a ton of stuff that the Producers stack to there favorites favor every year I don't know how anyone can say the f10 comp is rigged for Daniele since the f10 comp in every season is an endurance comp that usually benefits smaller female players. The f10 and f3 hoh comps are the 2 things that are the same every season.
Old 07-28-11, 11:21 PM

I think it would make for some good drama this week if Danielle wins HOH and then strings it out before finally putting up Brenchel. I might even follow more closely at Jokers if that were to happen.
Old 07-28-11, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shelleys vote was essentially the one that sealed Dominic and Keith's fate who would have been challenge threats to the couples.

Shelley is boring and hideous look and creepily obsessed with Jordeff her spot in the cast wouldn't make sense other then to help them.

Even though there is a ton of stuff that the Producers stack to there favorites favor every year I don't know how anyone can say the f10 comp is rigged for Daniele since the f10 comp in every season is an endurance comp that usually benefits smaller female players. The f10 and f3 hoh comps are the 2 things that are the same every season.
It's just an odds thing. I mean, with Rachel not playing, if you have a comp that favors women, and this one clearly did, who would you bet would win an endurance comp? Yep...her.
Old 07-28-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And the HoH winner is...
Spoiler:
Daniele.
Old 07-28-11, 11:51 PM

^^^
Spoiler:
Season redeemed! Dani was dumb though, it was down to her and Kalia (!) and Dani isn't in Kalia's radar for immediate eviction. Dani should have dropped (without looking like she did) and let Kalia get her hands bloodied this week as HOH by kicking off a veteran (probably one half of Brenchel). And Dani would have been able to play for HOH next week, instead of being unable to defend herself next week from the onslaught of three winning veteran players (and noobs spooked she'll come after them for not voting with her to keep Dominic).

Despite that, this should be a fun week
Spoiler:
(the meltdowns on the feeds are already epic as Brendon and Jeff are calling Dani and Kalia every other bad name in the book while Rachel and Jordan sink into hopelessness and depression, respectively).
'Who wants to see my HOH room?' I do!

Last edited by dad1153; 07-29-11 at 12:16 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.