TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Real World/Road Rules Challenge "Rivals" Season Thread 6/22/11

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge "Rivals" Season Thread 6/22/11

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Miz is also hosting this week's Aftershow according to what they said on WWE Raw last night.
Theres no aftershow this week - the announcers were either talking about last weeks aftershow which
"The Miz" hosted (its available to watch via MTV.com) or that he will be hosting the aftershow again in
the future - which could be as early as next week as one is scheduled to be shown after next weeks episode.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 08-02-11 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-03-11, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I am so sick of Jen. She's never proven a single thing on any of the multiple challenges that she's participated in. Yet, every time she's out there playing the "tough chick". I think Tina could kick her ass.

I loved when they tried to pretend there way any suspense on tonight's jungle elimination. As soon as TJ gave the game it was obvious who was winning. Yeah, Jonna and Jasmine are going to be able to push Laurel out. I think Laurel could have won a two-on-one against them.
Old 08-04-11, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I am so sick of Jen. She's never proven a single thing on any of the multiple challenges that she's participated in. Yet, every time she's out there playing the "tough chick". I think Tina could kick her ass.

I loved when they tried to pretend there way any suspense on tonight's jungle elimination. As soon as TJ gave the game it was obvious who was winning. Yeah, Jonna and Jasmine are going to be able to push Laurel out. I think Laurel could have won a two-on-one against them.
Laurel really redeemed herself in many ways in this episode (although she'll probably do something else terrible to make me regret praising her). You could tell that she was doing more than just supporting her teammate. I have to admit I was surprised by her very reserved behavior for the vast majority of this season.

What a bunch of "followers" these people are. Jen was disgusting acting like a man, but then the next day everyone seemed SO happy about it and went on to even wear those blue shirts like the bullies and a**holes that they all are (Who would have guessed Kenny would be the only one to have a heart?). A lot of these people have been on the wrong side of a fight and being bullied on these shows and yet they almost all wore blue shirts and showed Cara Maria no mercy. What a disgrace...I'm especially talking to you Wes.

Not that I believe fighting is the way to resolve disputes anymore, but Wes is laughed at by the rest of those guys most of time and he's only getting so much support because he's paired with Kenny. When push came to shove, Wes peed himself when CT made Wes realize he was his bitch. Paula is the show's resident skank. People on the street call out nasty things to her. She thinks winning one of these shows defines who she is and she went along with the bullies. Mandi, who went after CT, then lost him to Laurel and then immediately told her "friends" she wasn't a ho and didn't sleep with CT and so she went right after that and slept with Wes instead. She went along with the bullies too. I can only hope Ev just didn't want to rock the boat.

That kind of behavior is even worse than Laurel's horrible name-calling in one of the last 2 of these shows. And Jen does it to death. Would you really like a woman who acted like that? On top of that, she's been making fun of Adam all season long, saying she could never like him, he's not attractive, and she's just sleeping with someone to not be alone. The last part is fine, but when you know the guy is in love with you it's really classless to be making fun of him behind his back and in front of his "friends."

I agree there was no chance to beat Laurel in that event and, yes, she probably didn't even need Cara Maria. She really looked like a beast out there and it didn't even seem like she was playing at full speed or with some of the fury I've seen her use at other times. I was rooting for Ev to win since the show began, despite Paula, but now I hope Cara Maria and Laurel win the girl's final.
Old 08-04-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Attaboy Mikey!

Now go get checked for STDs.
Old 08-04-11, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Laurel really redeemed herself in many ways in this episode (although she'll probably do something else terrible to make me regret praising her). You could tell that she was doing more than just supporting her teammate. I have to admit I was surprised by her very reserved behavior for the vast majority of this season.

What a bunch of "followers" these people are. Jen was disgusting acting like a man, but then the next day everyone seemed SO happy about it and went on to even wear those blue shirts like the bullies and a**holes that they all are (Who would have guessed Kenny would be the only one to have a heart?). A lot of these people have been on the wrong side of a fight and being bullied on these shows and yet they almost all wore blue shirts and showed Cara Maria no mercy. What a disgrace...I'm especially talking to you Wes.

Not that I believe fighting is the way to resolve disputes anymore, but Wes is laughed at by the rest of those guys most of time and he's only getting so much support because he's paired with Kenny. When push came to shove, Wes peed himself when CT made Wes realize he was his bitch. Paula is the show's resident skank. People on the street call out nasty things to her. She thinks winning one of these shows defines who she is and she went along with the bullies. Mandi, who went after CT, then lost him to Laurel and then immediately told her "friends" she wasn't a ho and didn't sleep with CT and so she went right after that and slept with Wes instead. She went along with the bullies too. I can only hope Ev just didn't want to rock the boat.

That kind of behavior is even worse than Laurel's horrible name-calling in one of the last 2 of these shows. And Jen does it to death. Would you really like a woman who acted like that? On top of that, she's been making fun of Adam all season long, saying she could never like him, he's not attractive, and she's just sleeping with someone to not be alone. The last part is fine, but when you know the guy is in love with you it's really classless to be making fun of him behind his back and in front of his "friends."

I agree there was no chance to beat Laurel in that event and, yes, she probably didn't even need Cara Maria. She really looked like a beast out there and it didn't even seem like she was playing at full speed or with some of the fury I've seen her use at other times. I was rooting for Ev to win since the show began, despite Paula, but now I hope Cara Maria and Laurel win the girl's final.
You take the shit way too seriously, dude. Why are you shocked when people in their early twenties act like people in their early twenties?
Old 08-04-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
You take the shit way too seriously, dude. Why are you shocked when people in their early twenties act like people in their early twenties?
You're right, this cast is a fair representation of people in their early 20's. EARLY 20's...huh??? Most of the cast wish they were still in their early 20's. This kind of behavior is MUCH closer to what I remember from my high school years, junior and senior years.

And, dude, you really shouldn't judge anyone by their comment on a message board. I didn't think of the show or its cast when I was in bed last night, nor all day today. So, I think that would qualify as not taking things too seriously and simply articulating an opinion about the episode and how these jackholes behave for a little money and time in front of the camera.

I'm sure the posts through the years where a random person simply shares who they would BANG (yeah, that's going to happen) are much more your style, so if you see a lot of words, just don't read that post.
Old 08-04-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Eh, people do these sort of things regardless of their age, especially when competition and money are thrown in to the equation. After so many seasons and shows, it shouldn't be a shock that this is what people do. And it's not just the show; head into a bar and you'll see people from 20 to 50 act plenty a fool.

And yeah, Jen's just got that bitchy confrontational personality.
Old 08-04-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Eh, people do these sort of things regardless of their age, especially when competition and money are thrown in to the equation. After so many seasons and shows, it shouldn't be a shock that this is what people do. And it's not just the show; head into a bar and you'll see people from 20 to 50 act plenty a fool.

And yeah, Jen's just got that bitchy confrontational personality.
I suppose you could call it that.

I get it. I don't need to be schooled on people. I am a "people". You just aren't going to find this large of a group of people that act like that in one place other than an MTV challenge. Or on another MTV show. I live like 15 minutes from ASU which is a huge party college with women that make anyone on this cast look average looking. So, I have a good idea that you can't just say, most "college" aged kids are like the cast of this show. That was my only point.

I knew someone who was SORT OF like a lot of these people in college. Just didn't know anyone like a Jen. I guess there weren't many women that wanted to get into fistfights and talk like they were male punks from the hood back 16 years ago when I earned a Master's degree at the age of 24. And anyone who EVER knew me would have called me a big time party guy. But that was already coming to an end by my junior year. It was completely gone by the time I finished and I'm not special by a long stretch.

jen is 26
paula is 30
ev is 24
wes will be 26 in about a month
kenny is 28
cara maria is 25
laurel is 25
CT is 31
Old 08-04-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The difference would probably be more like going on spring break with those college kids and seeing how that group behaves.
Old 08-04-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

There may be more 20-somethings like that than most here would estimate, simply because their being regularly drunk, obnoxious, and unemployed leads to not seeing much of them around a workplace, and as for outside the workplace no rational person could tolerate their presence for very long.
Old 08-04-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You're right, this cast is a fair representation of people in their early 20's. EARLY 20's...huh??? Most of the cast wish they were still in their early 20's. This kind of behavior is MUCH closer to what I remember from my high school years, junior and senior years.

And, dude, you really shouldn't judge anyone by their comment on a message board. I didn't think of the show or its cast when I was in bed last night, nor all day today. So, I think that would qualify as not taking things too seriously and simply articulating an opinion about the episode and how these jackholes behave for a little money and time in front of the camera.

I'm sure the posts through the years where a random person simply shares who they would BANG (yeah, that's going to happen) are much more your style, so if you see a lot of words, just don't read that post.
You have no clue what "my style" is, pal, so don't profess to know shit. That remark is also downright fucking hilarious coming from you, too, considering your endless drooling over some plain ass looking blonde bitch. I didn't even really have a big problem with your original post, other than it seemed like you were all worked up about a completely mindless reality competition based tv show on fucking MTV of all networks.
Old 08-04-11, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
You have no clue what "my style" is, pal, so don't profess to know shit. That remark is also downright fucking hilarious coming from you, too, considering your endless drooling over some plain ass looking blonde bitch. I didn't even really have a big problem with your original post, other than it seemed like you were all worked up about a completely mindless reality competition based tv show on fucking MTV of all networks.
First, you started this by assuming that by having an opinion, that I needed to relax and not take it too seriously in your snarky post. You've referred to me personally as dude (I'm the Lebowski), pal, you add that I don't know shit, my remark is "fucking" hilarious, and you continue on by attacking Susie, the plain ass looking BITCH, and you think I'm someone who gets overly worked up? I'm not even worked up now, other than to suggest you apply for the next Fresh Meat, unless you already happen to be Johnny Bananas.

I think in a very short post, not getting involved in anyone's argument in this thread, Bill Needle probably summarized things the best. In my relaxed opinion, at least.
Old 08-05-11, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Crazy people act crazy. That's why I watch the show.
Old 08-10-11, 10:46 PM

Fuck you Paula. You had that shit coming.

Not funny now, huh bitch?
Old 08-10-11, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That was hilarious. Laurel just jumped up to one of my favorite people on the challenges for sticking up for Cara Maria. I used to like Wes a lot since he was always going against the majority but now that he's part of it, he's proven how much of a douche he really is. In case anyone forgot Tyler was gay, there ya go.

I hope CT goes crazy next week in the jungle and final. If not him then hopefully Roylee wins it all.
Old 08-10-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Put me on Team Laurel too. Did she go too far, oh probably, but she usually does. Paula does every challenge so it's not like she doesn't know what happens when you go after Laurel, and she had no business being snarky in that discussion between Laurel and Wes. Laurel warned her several times, but she kept at it. Then she got the hammer!

My favorite moment was when Laurel intimidated Wes out of the room, then Kenny came in, she jumped on him too, and he blew her off and came in anyway. I know people don't like Kenny, but that was a great Kenny moment.
Old 08-10-11, 11:35 PM

Put me on Team Laurel too. Did she go too far, oh probably, but she usually does. Paula does every challenge so it's not like she doesn't know what happens when you go after Laurel, and she had no business being snarky in that discussion between Laurel and Wes. Laurel warned her several times, but she kept at it. Then she got the hammer!

My favorite moment was when Laurel intimidated Wes out of the room, then Kenny came in, she jumped on him too, and he blew her off and came in anyway. I know people don't like Kenny, but that was a great Kenny moment.
Kenny was great. "Shut up!"
Old 08-10-11, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I remember I liked Kenny his first few challenges when he was just making jokes and not really winning. Then he got in with the "mob" and started thinking he was the shit. Now that he's not doing so great he's more likable again. He has had some of the nicer moments of all the guys on this show with wearing Laurel's colors and asking about Cara Maria's crying this episode.
Old 08-11-11, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't even get how this is being debated. Paula was having fun making Cara Maria cry and, besides, what did Paula do to act like the adult to EVER try and stop almost the entire house from picking on Cara Maria for days?

Paula, you skank, when you're getting off on other people being cruel to someone, that's pretty much just as bad as picking on someone directly.

Wes is a douche and Paula is everything Laurel said she was. Ok, Laurel really goes for the personal stuff and they showed it went on for like an hour maybe. But how long was Cara Maria picked on total by then? I'd say much longer.

Kenny does seem to be the nice guy this season. Never thought I'd think that, no matter what he did. Bananas is the worst one of the group.

I am concerned by the edit that Paula might win, which after G-d knows how many losses, and the wonderful time when her FRIENDS chose Ev over her and they won and Paula lost. Had she been with her FRIENDS, she would have won years ago. Hopefully, she'll get 2nd at best.

Oh, and I thought the after show was mostly stupid and boring and I have no idea why people like "The Miz".

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-11-11 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-11-11, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wes is such an epic douche that I found myself rooting for Kenny for the first time in Fresh Meat 2. Say what you want about the guy, but he's pretty straight up now. He's aligned, and he's there to win money, but he doesn't really betray the people he aligns with. You can tell he likes Laurel and thinks of her as a core member of his alliance.

Oh, and I thought the after show was mostly stupid and boring and I have no idea why people like "The Miz".
B/C he's awesome! Real answer is b/c I feel like I know the guy. We seen him grow up on TV and successfully accomplish his dream.
Old 08-11-11, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Fuck you Paula. You had that shit coming.

Not funny now, huh bitch?
Yep. I'm a big Paula fan and she still deserved it. I understand her thinking that Laurel went too far and got too personal more than she did with Cara Maria but in reality it was on the same level and she needs to realize that.

At least she realized what she did to Cara Maria was wrong. Wes only did it to save face.

But I gained a lot of respect for Laurel tonight after this. She seems to have finally realized her acting like this was wrong in the first place.

Johnny Bananas still needs to be punched in the face however for throwing something at Laurel.
Old 08-11-11, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

B/C he's awesome! Real answer is b/c I feel like I know the guy. We seen him grow up on TV and successfully accomplish his dream.
And any RW/RR cast member that actually makes something of themselves and not only try to extend their 15 minutes by constantly doing Challengers or other reality shows will always get far more respect then the rest.
Old 08-11-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have nothing but respect for The Miz. I personally think wrestling is dumb, but the guy had a dream, and from what i hear from my friends who are wrestling fans, he worked his ass off to achieve it. That said, he's terrible on the aftershow. But I still respect the guy.

As for Paula, I've never liked her, and she deserved everything she got. I can't stand people who bully other people, and even more, I can't stand people who bully others with a group. I wish CT would have just popped Wes, but I know why he didn't. I loved the "how could someone hate that much" from Paula. Um, you were doing the exact same thing to Cara Maria. I kinda hope Abe comes on the next show and kicks the crap out of Wes.

This season has been very interesting.

Kenny - loved him his first few challenges. Thought he was hilarious. Then I couldn't stand the guy for a few challenges, but this year, he's been pretty cool.

Evan - always liked him, but he came across this season as a loser.

Laurel - couldn't stand her last season, love her this season. Seems like she's grown up a lot.

Tyler/Jen - pretty much one in the same. I liked both of them prior to this season, but they seem to think things should be just handed to them, which I can't stand. I still think jen is hot though, so she gets a pass

Ev - still love her to death and would leave my wife and kids for her.

Johnny - still can't stand the guy. hated him when he joined the shows, hate him now.
Old 08-11-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Johnny's actually been nice to Cara Maria but they haven't shown it on TV:

http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2011/08...ra-mara-fight/
Old 08-11-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I always have said how much of a bitch Laurel is and she continued to prove it last night... however I'm on her side on this one just like the rest of you.

Laurel probably went way below the belt but if someone is coming in and trying to take you down a peg then I see no problem in going back at them and trying to take them down 5.

Of course I'm not at all fooled by Laurel. Had Cara Maria not been her partner Laurel would have been the biggest bitch of them all to her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.