DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Top ten animated shows of all-time? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/591328-top-ten-animated-shows-all-time.html)

Max Bottomtime 06-06-11 04:17 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
South Park
Flintstones
Simpsons
Jetsons
George of the Jungle
Woody Woodpecker
Fractured Flickers
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Looney Tunes
Felix the Cat

tanman 06-07-11 01:10 AM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
1. Batman TAS what a spectacular show. This show really trancended what an animated tv show could be. Still holds up today and just gets better with time. IMHO no list is valid without this at the top.
2. Pinky and the Brain just edges out animaniacs because it doesn't have some of the crap bits that it does.
3. Animaniacs incredibly funny show
4. Batman Beyond this show did so much for the batman universe. A very creative look into the future of the bat.
5. Justice League another from Mr. Timm
6. X-men Evolution a very underrated show and much better storytelling and animation then the 90's X-men
7. Superman TAS not the best of the universe but a very deserved place on the list.
8. Tale Spin the best Of the Disney Afternoon series. Had some real emotional weight to it in some episodes.
9. Rescue Rangers very nostalgic. One of my personal favs
10. Duck Tales MUCH better then Darkwing Duck. I always liked DD the least of the Disney Afternoon series. Just a little too silly.

Can't limit it to 10 :)
11. Exosquad this show is SO underrated and I'm disappointed but not surprised that it's not on the list. For those who haven't seen it it's on hulu. Just an incredible premise dealing with some real weighty issues especially for a Saturday morning cartoon.
12. Jackie Chan Adventures I bet this won't make many peoples lists. This was a hilarious show with creative plots. Takes a couple hits for animation quality.
13. Transformers G1awesome show but takes hits for replayBility and major consistency issues.
14. GI Joe basically same as transformers.
15. X-men cool show but takes hits for over dramatic acting and story. But awesome for tackling some really good stories
16. Spiderman one of my personal favorites.

Neitzl 06-07-11 12:49 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
I loved Dungeons and Dragons. I hated that they never really gave the show an ending.

Charlie Goose 06-07-11 11:58 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 

Originally Posted by Neitzl (Post 10807326)
I loved Dungeons and Dragons. I hated that they never really gave the show an ending.

There's a script somewhere online for the intended final episode of D&D. A good read, but it would've been pretty sweet to see it though.

The Simpsons
South Park
Dungeons & Dragons
Family Guy
Tom & Jerry
Looney Tunes
Superfriends
Spider-Man (1967)
Woody Woodpecker
Scooby-Doo

This list is just off the top of my head, and in no particular order.

darkblue 06-08-11 06:41 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
1. Beavis and Butt-Head
2. Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
3. The Simpsons
4. Home Movies
5. South Park
6. Futurama
7. Family Guy
8. Kevin Spencer
9. King of the Hill
10. Peanuts

almost made the list - Undergrads
up and coming - Ugly Americans, Bob's Burgers
honorable mention - Bob and Margaret

fujishig 06-09-11 02:34 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 

Originally Posted by tanman (Post 10806371)
1. Batman TAS what a spectacular show. This show really trancended what an animated tv show could be. Still holds up today and just gets better with time. IMHO no list is valid without this at the top.
2. Pinky and the Brain just edges out animaniacs because it doesn't have some of the crap bits that it does.
3. Animaniacs incredibly funny show
4. Batman Beyond this show did so much for the batman universe. A very creative look into the future of the bat.
5. Justice League another from Mr. Timm
6. X-men Evolution a very underrated show and much better storytelling and animation then the 90's X-men
7. Superman TAS not the best of the universe but a very deserved place on the list.
8. Tale Spin the best Of the Disney Afternoon series. Had some real emotional weight to it in some episodes.
9. Rescue Rangers very nostalgic. One of my personal favs
10. Duck Tales MUCH better then Darkwing Duck. I always liked DD the least of the Disney Afternoon series. Just a little too silly.

Can't limit it to 10 :)
11. Exosquad this show is SO underrated and I'm disappointed but not surprised that it's not on the list. For those who haven't seen it it's on hulu. Just an incredible premise dealing with some real weighty issues especially for a Saturday morning cartoon.
12. Jackie Chan Adventures I bet this won't make many peoples lists. This was a hilarious show with creative plots. Takes a couple hits for animation quality.
13. Transformers G1awesome show but takes hits for replayBility and major consistency issues.
14. GI Joe basically same as transformers.
15. X-men cool show but takes hits for over dramatic acting and story. But awesome for tackling some really good stories
16. Spiderman one of my personal favorites.

I'm not sure how you can have Exo-Squad but no Robotech or Star Blazers. Exo Squad was good, but IMHO paled in comparison to those two (and hey, the Exo Squad toyline even reused some of the macross toys).

I'm also surpised that Duck Tales is below both Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers... I recently bought a few box sets of each and am actually excited to go through them now. I think part of my love for Duck Tales is because of my love for the original Barks stories, sot aht may be something.

Zwerchfell 06-09-11 05:48 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
Beavis & Butt-head
King of the Hill
Ren & Stimpy
The Simpsons
South Park
Looney Tunes/Tiny Toons
Pink Panther
The Flintstones

tanman 06-10-11 12:07 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 10810697)
I'm not sure how you can have Exo-Squad but no Robotech or Star Blazers. Exo Squad was good, but IMHO paled in comparison to those two (and hey, the Exo Squad toyline even reused some of the macross toys).

I'm also surpised that Duck Tales is below both Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers... I recently bought a few box sets of each and am actually excited to go through them now. I think part of my love for Duck Tales is because of my love for the original Barks stories, sot aht may be something.

To explain Exosquad I never watched Robotech or Star Blazers. Were those shown on cable? So that would explain that. I always wanted to get into Robotech but access to media isn't what it is today.

I really enjoyed Duck Tales but I really thought that Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers were better although not by too much.

fiver 06-13-11 03:39 AM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
1. Futurama
2. Home Movies
3. The Critic
4. Invader Zim
5. Urusei Yatsura
6. Hikaru no Go
7. The Tick
8. South Park
9. Daria
10. Azumanga Daioh

* I grew up in the 80s - watched shows like transformers, he-man, tom/jerry, peanuts, looney tunes, muppet babies, etc... - a lot of it just doesn't interest me today like the later shows on the above list.

** Main criteria for me is if I can rewatch the show multiple times.

fujishig 06-13-11 01:46 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
Was Urusei Yatsura, Hikaru no Go, and Azumanga Daioh aired on tv in the US?

HUG-H 06-17-11 07:10 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
I forgot that The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show was actually pretty good. I watched that every week in the 80's!

cactusoly 06-17-11 07:25 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
1) Batman TAS
2) The Simpsons
3) Spawn HBO Series
4) Jusice League / Unlimited
5) Superman TAS
6) Batman Beyond
7) Clone Wars 1st series
8) Clone Wars current
9) Family Guy
10) Young Justice

darkhawk 07-29-11 07:45 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
Fat Albert
The Simpsons
The Bugs Bunny Show
G.I. Joe
Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers
M.A.S.K.
Yu-Gi-Oh!
He-Man & She-Ra
The Flintstones
The Smurfs

TimeandTide 07-29-11 09:34 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
1. Robotech
2. G.I. Joe
3. Dungeons and Dragons
4. Justice League Unlimited
5. Scooby Doo
6. Battle of the Planets
7. Teen Titans
8. Flintstones
9. Johnny Quest
10. Superfriends

Supermallet 07-31-11 05:30 PM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
I've amended my list (still in no particular order):

Futurama
Batman The Animated Series
Aeon Flux
The Critic
Tiny Toon Adventures
Space Ghost Coast To Coast
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Daria
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Tick

buldrhm 08-02-11 09:26 AM

Re: Top ten animated shows of all-time?
 
No love for Phineas & Ferb?

Star Wars the Clone Wars
Phineas & Ferb
Transformers
GI Joe
Smurfs
Superfriends
Spectacular Spider-Man
Gummi Bears
Flintstones
Scooby Doo


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.