Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD -- So You Think You Can Dance -- Season 8 -- The Auditions begin 05/26/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SYTYCD -- So You Think You Can Dance -- Season 8 -- The Auditions begin 05/26/11

Old 08-11-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: SYTYCD -- So You Think You Can Dance -- Season 8 -- The Auditions begin 05/26/11

The "Performance Finale" always suffers because they push these kids to learn more routines than ever before, and they have to re-create at least three more of their previous dances for the Finale. The dancers are probably dead on their feet and we're hardly getting them at their best.
Old 08-11-11, 08:39 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Re: SYTYCD -- So You Think You Can Dance -- Season 8 -- The Auditions begin 05/26/11

I thought the Sasha/Mark number and the Marco/Lauren number were the best. I also enjoyed the Sasha/Marco number much more than Nigel did. The Melanie/Tad number was probably fourth for me.

I wasn't that wowed by Melanie's contemporary numbers this week (with Robert and Sasha). Maybe it's because she makes this stuff look so effortless at this point, but it just felt like stuff I'd already seen. She also looked a bit awkward in the disco number. She's probably a lock to win, but I was actually more impressed with Sasha and Marco this week.

The Lil C number was really dull, especially for a finale routine. I wish they would have called him out on it.

Katie was probably the worst guest judge since Carmen Electra. A few times she didn't even bother to make a single specific comment about the routine she just saw and just vaguely praised the dancers.
Old 08-11-11, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Joshua crushed Tad in the Lil C number.

Mark and Lauren had great nights. True all-stars.

Marco had a better night, just barely over Melanie and Sasha, with Tadd trailing far behind.

Melanie had a sweat 'tache going on for one of the segments.
Old 08-11-11, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kenny added to the panel and Katie Holmes just well... made me think that Anne Hathaway's SNL impression of her was spot on!

I think that Melanie has the fan base to win, but I hope Marco steals it from her...
Old 08-11-11, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Marco probably has the more compelling story for a come-from-behind win over Melanie. I'm sort of tired of them pimping Sasha's hard-luck story. Tad is just there as a place holder.
Old 08-11-11, 09:43 PM

Another shocking & surprising SYTYCD finale...

But seriously, the performances today were superb, much better than the clusterfuck that wasfrom last night.
Old 08-11-11, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm fine with Melanie winning, but I think Jordan and Caitlynn are better than her. Congrats anyway!
Old 08-12-11, 12:25 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
I'm fine with Melanie winning, but I think Jordan and Caitlynn are better than her. Congrats anyway!
I was bummed Caitlynn's one feature dance in the finale was a replayed clip. I'm assuming Pasha wasn't available for the finale, but still...
Old 08-20-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.fox.com/dance has the last ten episodes, which are the Top 12 through the finale. They'll be up for two more months.
Old 08-21-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The "Ovation" Channel is currently re-running Season Six of SYTYCD. The channel's schedule says they're showing episodes every night for at least the next week or so, but it doesn't indicate if they're showing anything beyond the one season.