DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   VICTORY!!! Entourage Season 8 (Final Season) Teaser (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/591142-victory-entourage-season-8-final-season-teaser.html)

Matto1020 05-24-11 08:01 AM

VICTORY!!! Entourage Season 8 (Final Season) Teaser

And here's the first teaser (and it really is a teaser) for the final season of Entourage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx1v2k3VkIo

RichC2 05-24-11 08:05 AM

Re: VICTORY!!! Entourage Season 8 (Final Season) Teaser

Yeah ... so it starts on July 24th.

Teasers are ridiculous.

rfduncan 05-24-11 08:19 AM

This show is still ON? I don't even remember what season I finally gave up on it. It was after that Medellin storyline where they sold it for a dollar at Cannes. Was that season 4?

Rob V 05-24-11 08:53 AM

Used to LOVE this show but it's run it's course. The plot with Turtle and the weekly tequila commercial burnt me out last year. I've never seen a show whore itself out more than Entourage S7.

Michael Corvin 05-24-11 08:56 AM

Don't have HBO so I'm perpetually a season behind. Looks like season 7 is due out 7/12 for anyone in the same boat.

Goat3001 05-24-11 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 10787265)
Used to LOVE this show but it's run it's course. The plot with Turtle and the weekly tequila commercial burnt me out last year. I've never seen a show whore itself out more than Entourage S7.

That was awful but I enjoyed everything else that season. It really took a dark turn that I didn't expect. Thought the finale was the best the show had done since season 2.

But I agree that it's run it's course. I think this season will just be 6 or 8 episodes. Just enough time to give the characters a good send off and end it all on high note.

PopcornTreeCt 05-24-11 10:42 AM

This show used to be so good but the last few seasons had been pretty much the same exact thing. The biggest problem I had was that they never showed Vince grow as an actor. The drug problem storyline should've been done years ago when they were all new to the scene, it felt forced this late in the game.

Charlie Goose 05-24-11 05:27 PM

Definitely way too much focus on Turtle last season. I hope we get a satisfying finale.

Evan Meadow 05-24-11 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 10787352)
That was awful but I enjoyed everything else that season. It really took a dark turn that I didn't expect. Thought the finale was the best the show had done since season 2.

But I agree that it's run it's course. I think this season will just be 6 or 8 episodes. Just enough time to give the characters a good send off and end it all on high note.

Its not quite ending on a note at the end of the season. They're supposedly going to film a full length movie afterwards to really tie everything up.

mcnabb 05-24-11 05:58 PM

Loved every season until the last one, as they decided to get all 'serious' for some reason. The show was always a great half hour guilty pleasure comedy where you knew what you'd get from each character each week and that's what made it work. Then last year they decided to make it a drama (no pun intended to Vince's brother), and it was BORRRRINNNGG..... I'll give it another shot this year because I love the characters, but if they go all serious again, I'll be out by week 2.

~~ PAL ~~ 05-25-11 01:16 AM

I will stay to the end and watch the last season whenever I get access to it.. But season 7 was really not good...

To me I think they failed when the show still insists on the same "up one season, down the next" trend for Vince. I know that they've done this through the course of the series, but it's way predictable when by the second episode you know that Vince is gonna end up with drug problems and the season would end on a low for them.

Dragon Tattoo 05-25-11 02:06 AM

I just liked when Vince got punched in the face by Slim Shady.

I'll be back if he gets punched in the face again.

Goat3001 05-25-11 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mcnabb (Post 10788187)
Loved every season until the last one, as they decided to get all 'serious' for some reason. The show was always a great half hour guilty pleasure comedy where you knew what you'd get from each character each week and that's what made it work. Then last year they decided to make it a drama (no pun intended to Vince's brother), and it was BORRRRINNNGG..... I'll give it another shot this year because I love the characters, but if they go all serious again, I'll be out by week 2.

It's the last season and it's a shortened season at that. Would you really bail two weeks into the season with only 4 or 6 episodes left in the entire series?

slcpunk 05-25-11 10:07 AM

I absolutley love this show but like most people HATED last season. I havent watched the teaser but im sure it will end on a high with everyone happy. I always thought a good way to go was with everyone mooching off Vince for so long that it would end with everyone being successful in their own way (kind of like no) and Vince ending up the bum

northmoor 05-25-11 11:14 AM

I didn't mind Season 7. I sort of liked it. It wasn't as good as previous one's, but I still enjoyed watching it. And, hey, it had Sasha Grey, too. lol.

critterdvd 05-25-11 12:09 PM

I am also in the camp that thought season 7 wasn't that bad. I actually like the serious turn from season 6 onwards because it feels like the show has grown up, as the characters have. But I do miss the hilarity that would come with episodes in the first several seasons.

HBO has reportedly ordered 8 episodes (double length finale) for a final season - but has not officially greenlite a theatrical film eventhough they are interested in one if the budget comes in at the magic number.

NiCK Crush 05-25-11 12:16 PM

I liked season 7.

mcnabb 05-25-11 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 10788941)
It's the last season and it's a shortened season at that. Would you really bail two weeks into the season with only 4 or 6 episodes left in the entire series?

I just meant it wont be appointment TV for me on Sunday Night. I will DVR them and just watch the final episodes sometime in the future just cause I have been there from the start (Sort of like the Sopranos as that show got pretty bad in the final 2 seasons, but I still watched the final episodes.)

Bill Needle 05-25-11 05:30 PM

Last season was an embarrassment. Hopefully they saved some good stuff for the send off.

JTH182 06-14-11 01:39 AM

I think it would be funny to have the model that Ari said he was banging in the pilot make a cameo this season. They could have E make a comment to embarrass Ari since they decided to tweak Ari's character and make him a good husband and father as the series went on.

It would be a good way to kind of undo that little continuity error.