Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelorette Season 7 Ashley premieres May 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
The Bachelorette Season 7 Ashley premieres May 23rd

Since all of the Season finales are done by this week, season 7 of the Bachelorette premiers tonight. I know Ashley seems like a weird choice, but I like watching the bachelorette to make fun of all the dumb stuff the guys do. Hopefully its a good season.
Old 05-23-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: The Bachelorette Season 7 Ashley premieres May 23rd

Ugh... I'm in. I don't know why, but the with all the shows the wife and I watch ending recently, might as well.
Old 05-23-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm out! It feels so good to say that! I claimed to be out with Brad but got sucked right back in. I'm not getting sucked back in this time, but I do hope it works out for her. I thought she was sweet~
Old 05-23-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why oh why didn't they get Michelle to be the bachelorette for this season?
Old 05-23-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Why oh why didn't they get Michelle to be the bachelorette for this season?
Word. But Ashley looks great in the OPs post.
Old 05-24-11, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm hooked. I normally avoid these shows but for some reason felt compelled to record tonight's ep. Couldn't sleep and just watched it. The guy with the mask is creepy. Bentley looks like he'll be the bad guy of the group. And, Ashley is such a cutey. That butcher guy was pretty funny with his swagger and attitude. I felt bad for the guy who claimed he fell for Ashley watching her on the previous season and wanted a real shot but got the boot. I'll tune in next week.
Old 05-24-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night's premier was one of the best ever. Great stuff.

The drunk guy and mask guy made the episode. I thought the mask guy would "reveal" himself, but it looks like he has accessorized his masks for different outfits. What an asshat.
Old 05-24-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder how far along she goes with Bentley before she realizes he's in love with Emily. Punk ass.

I wish she would've kept the blonde haired guy. He was a cutie, I don't know his name...
Old 05-24-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess I'll have to check out my recording of this premiere on my DVR, just too much other stuff to finish up last night.
Old 05-24-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why does every blonde in America feel like they have to go Brunette? As far as the guys go, the one with the mask was just creepy, the Drunk tim was funny and sad at the same time. and from the previews the guy who wishes the Bachelorette was Emily was very cruel. should make for a great season.
Old 05-31-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing to eventful happened last night, looks like Bentley leaves the show next week since He wanted to be there for Emily.
Old 05-31-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That dude is a major league tool.

I like how they converted this show into "So Ashley thinks she can dance".
Old 06-01-11, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ashely looked great!

I never cease to be amazed by guys like Bentley (who looks cro-magnon) and how he comes across as such an asshole for the whole world to see. I hope he gets his at the end of all this. What a total jerk-off.
Old 06-01-11, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I don't know why bentley would want to come across like such a dick knowing this show will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.
Old 06-02-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Yeah I don't know why bentley would want to come across like such a dick knowing this show will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.
Because he's either a plant or producers are telling him to beef-up his asshole persona for ratings?
Old 06-06-11, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what an idiot concept....do they not know what a roast is? You gotta have thick skin...the totally set up Will to look like an ass. And Bentley is just a freak
Old 06-06-11, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I seriously wonder if any part of this show isn't scripted.
Old 06-07-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Ashely looked great!

I never cease to be amazed by guys like Bentley (who looks cro-magnon) and how he comes across as such an asshole for the whole world to see. I hope he gets his at the end of all this. What a total jerk-off.
Because the producers interview these flakes and they just fall in line with the questions. They edit and nudge to manipulate the story. Bentley's responses sounded inconsistent as presented. At a few turns, he was actually making a little sense in his rational in leaving, then boom, he'd be a total jerk. (I hope my hair looks good.) Even his comment on making her cry could be taken different ways depending where it fell in the conversation. Ultimately, He probably felt tripped up by his wife (as if some of the other guys aren't there to just promote themselves in some way) and was trying to have one last shining moment on TV.
As for the mask dude, he should have kept the mask on until he finally got the boot or taken it off way sooner to lose the weirdo stigma attached to his stunt. He lost all personality once he took it off but the creepiness of the mask just lingered. He took himself way too serious. Maybe if he made a bunch of jokes about notable, positive characters with masks and secret identities, ala Zorro or Superman, and made it a fun aspect instead some odd thing about it's whats inside that counts, he would have been more entertaining and not come off as the Phantom of the Opera. (Or maybe, he should have worn a Groucho mask instead and mocked the other guys.)

Now that I think about it, the show has just lost a major edge to its drama. Without it's main bad guy and unintentional jester, it's boing to be a lot less interesting.
Old 06-07-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night was pretty cool watching the roast. William may of made Ashley cry with the small boobs jokes, and wishing the bachelorette would have been Emily or Chantel. BUt I bet a lot of the guys felt that way.
Old 06-08-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pizza
Now that I think about it, the show has just lost a major edge to its drama. Without it's main bad guy and unintentional jester, it's boing to be a lot less interesting.
Couldn't agree more. All these "competitve" type reality shows lose most reasons to watch after the jerks leave. We usually fast forward thru the last 2-3 episodes because it's just boring melo-drama that we've seen 500 times already.
Old 06-08-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Last night was pretty cool watching the roast. William may of made Ashley cry with the small boobs jokes, and wishing the bachelorette would have been Emily or Chantel. BUt I bet a lot of the guys felt that way.
Inaccurate. He said that he THOUGHT the Bachelorette would be Emily or Chantel, not that he wished that it was.

He missed a golden opportunity though. He could have said when sitting with her that he did think that it would be, but now that it's her, he's really happy about that and looking forward to getting to know her better. Instead, he somehow made it WORSE, which I thought would have been impossible.
Old 06-08-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I seriously wonder if any part of this show isn't scripted.
You're just wondering this now?!?!?
Old 06-09-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When Creepy Mask Dude was booted and tossed his mask into the fireplace, the first thing I blurted out was "Cast it into the fire from whence it came!". That guy was a serious downer, seriously ugly (shave, bro) and a total moron.
Old 06-11-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Big spoiler for Week 6.

Spoiler:
Bentley returns to The Bachelorette in Hong Kong: So. OK. Here we go again. Life & Style says (I know, I know...) that when Ashley travels to Hong Kong with her remaining guys in week 6, Bentley will fly all the way to Asia so she can get some much needed "closure," or another chance with him, or something. But here's the fun part: They talked to Bentley's "friend," who said producers "begged" him to go, and Bentley took the trip because he wanted the free vacation. It's pretty hard to tell who in that previous sentence looks worse, but I think it's the producers. Blame them when Bentley pops back up in a couple weeks. I know I will. But at least it sounds like he won't be staying long. (Here's what's happening on The Bachelorette next week.)

Spoiler:
There is also talk of her being on Dancing with the Stars. That rumor makes sense and is a much better fit for her than this show.
Old 06-13-11, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by leeta
Spoiler:
There is also talk of her being on Dancing with the Stars. That rumor makes sense and is a much better fit for her than this show.

Seems like a foregone conclusion.

I finally caught up with last weeks episode. How, exactly, did Ashely fall for Bentley so quick? Is it just one of those cases where the adults say "Stay away from him!!" so the little girl gets even closer?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.