Old 05-22-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Killing -- "Undertow" -- 5/22/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Police efforts to make an arrest hit a roadblock; Richmond reconsiders his place in the race; and the Larsens tire of the police's inability to collar a suspect and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Episode 9 of 13
Old 05-22-11, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Killing -- "Undertow" -- 5/22/11

I wonder if Richmond's attack on the mayor is going to backfire...maybe the woman is the mayor's niece something.

Interesting to see how the Larsens take matters into their own hands.
Old 05-22-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That ending was pretty brutal. I feel bad for all involved with that...
Old 05-22-11, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As much as I love this show, I sure hope we don't get too much of Richmond rebuilding the Somalian community in upcoming episodes. However, more shots of Rchmond getting hit in the head with a basketball would be great.

I've come to really feel for Rosie's dad and definitely don't want to see him in jail, but it looks like he's gone and done it now. I wanted to scream when the episode ended. I want to know what is going to happen NOW.
Old 05-22-11, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onebyone
As much as I love this show, I sure hope we don't get too much of Richmond rebuilding the Somalian community in upcoming episodes. However, more shots of Rchmond getting hit in the head with a basketball would be great.

I've come to really feel for Rosie's dad and definitely don't want to see him in jail, but it looks like he's gone and done it now. I wanted to scream when the episode ended. I want to know what is going to happen NOW.
I sort of know what happened but will say in the spoiler:

Spoiler:
Bennet is not dead, he is in critical condition though according to a sneak peak I saw for episode 10
Old 05-22-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife was screaming at the TV at the end of this one, too. Really good episode, and I feel like it's finally tied up at least one of the storylines (sort of).

I was just wondering, though, if the killer may have been related to the little girl somehow. Possibly a parent or a group of the other Somalis?
Old 05-22-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory02
I wonder if Richmond's attack on the mayor is going to backfire...maybe the woman is the mayor's niece something.

Interesting to see how the Larsens take matters into their own hands.
It seemed like the show confirmed everything Richmond said was correct when the mayor mentioned needing to pay the girl off more.

I liked the ending of the show, seemed to definitively clear Bennett with the wife finding the t-shirt and at the same time he got a beat down.

Not quite sure what the show is doing with tying in Muslims to this kidnapping and then the FBI with terrorism... it seems ballsy.
Old 05-22-11, 11:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Why was the dude punching a rock at the end?

In trying to like this show. Just so slow.
Old 05-22-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Why was the dude punching a rock at the end?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think he was just so worked up and wanted his turn at Bennet but just couldn't wait so started beating on the poor rock instead.

The "previously on" segment made it pretty obvious that Bennet and Mohammed would be involved with the missing Muslim girl and not with Rosie.

So are they going to reveal the killer this season? I haven't heard anything about a second season so far.
Old 05-22-11, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love this show. I can't wait until next week.
Old 05-23-11, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think he was just so worked up and wanted his turn at Bennet but just couldn't wait so started beating on the poor rock instead.

The "previously on" segment made it pretty obvious that Bennet and Mohammed would be involved with the missing Muslim girl and not with Rosie.

So are they going to reveal the killer this season? I haven't heard anything about a second season so far.
I hope so. I imagine a second season would involve another killing.
Old 05-23-11, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish I hadn't read some of the chats on the AMC website. They have some spoilers going on over there. Maybe guesses, but they seem like spoilers.
Old 05-23-11, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very good episode. I was tempted to read the spoilers in Bootsy's post and I'm definitely staying away from the AMC chats.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 05-23-11, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Good episode. The final scene with Stan beating the shit out of Bennett was brutal.

at Belko getting all fired up and punching the rock. I felt bad for Mitch when she realized she fucked up after jumping the gun and forcing Stan to take the law into his own hands.

I'm not sure I understand the significance of Muhammed and the Somali girl. What does that have to do with the main plot? Once Muhammed revealed to Holder and Sarah that the girl he was talking about wasn't Rosie, it seemed like a dead end.

at the Osama Bin Laden graffitti in front of the Mosque.

What are the odds now that Sarah actually makes it to California?
Old 05-23-11, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope it's not Belko. The first time I saw him, I thought "yeah, that's the guy" but dropped that idea because the show made him creepier with each ep.

I guess I'm still leaning towards the aunt. Something about her having Rosie's textbooks. Like if Rosie returned the Quran to Bennet's place then maybe she had a bookbag/handbag holding her textbooks.

I do know that the aunt was driving the kids to school, so that could be explained away but .
Old 05-23-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

The only thing that bugged me was the teacher's little stand at school. I know teachers have a union, but I am sure it is not hard to suspend a teacher over an incident like this and send them to the holding office with the other suspended/not fired teachers.
Old 05-23-11, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

RE: the Danish version:
Spoiler:
the producers have evidently said (I haven't seen it) that the Belko character was the killer in the original version, and they don't want him to be the killer in the American version.

Re Muhammed and Bennet Rosie and Aisha (spoilerizing speculation here):
Spoiler:
I wonder if Rosie was part of the ring that was giving little Somali girls safe harbor. It seems like she may have been, and that could explain Bennet's affection for her and his thoughts about what a great person she was.
Old 05-23-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If Bennett hadn't been a douche, he might've saved himself a few rock hits. First, why didn't he tell his wife he was saving a Muslim girl? Especially after the police showed up. 'Honey, I know you're worried, but I'm really helping to save this other girl from getting mutilated'. Instead he goes into secret whisper mode.
And why go back to school? There's a difference between having principles, and just being dumb. Did he really think he could teach a class without it turning into a debacle? Take a week off next time.

D
Old 05-23-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Why had the students written "Killer" on the board? Wasn't this the second day where Bennet was not supposed to be there? Shouldn't they have been expecting a substitute teacher?
Old 05-23-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Why had the students written "Killer" on the board? Wasn't this the second day where Bennet was not supposed to be there? Shouldn't they have been expecting a substitute teacher?
It is high school in the tech age, I am sure all the students knew he was back the second he steped out of his car.
Old 05-23-11, 10:33 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

Because it is just the latest inorganic absurdity of the show.
Old 05-23-11, 11:32 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

AMC very close to renewing this.
Old 05-23-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
AMC very close to renewing this.
That's good news, although, is there any chance we could get another case next year? 2 seasons to figure out who killed Rosie might drive me batty.

Anyone know the name of the song that was playing when Richmond was drinking at the bar? I must suck at internet searches, because i cannot seem to find it.
Old 05-23-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best episode of the season with a killer(?) ending. I hope we are rid of that Bennett character for good.
Old 05-23-11, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by conscience
Best episode of the season with a killer(?) ending. I hope we are rid of that Bennett character for good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.