Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Supernatural --2 Hour Season Finale-- "Let it Bleed/Man Who Knew Too Much" -- 5/20/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the 6th season of Supernatural?
Loved it! Bring on season 7
27.78%
It was good, not great.
36.11%
It was watchable, but very inconsistent
25.00%
Out of the entire season, I only enjoyed a handful of episodes
0%
Thought it sucked. They should have ended it after season 5
8.33%
Didn't watch season 6. Season 5 ended the show perfectly for me
2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Supernatural --2 Hour Season Finale-- "Let it Bleed/Man Who Knew Too Much" -- 5/20/11

Old 05-20-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 467 Likes on 345 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-11-05

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
A demon kidnaps Ben (guest star Nicholas Elia) and Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson) to get to Dean (Jensen Ackles). Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean are forced to join with an unlikely ally to free them. Sera Gamble directed the episode written by John Showalter (#621).

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
The wall comes down in Sam's (Jared Padalecki) head and all hell breaks loose. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) are, for once, at a total loss on how to help him and are forced to stand by and do nothing while Sam breaks. The battle for heaven comes to a head. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Eric Kripke (#622).

to Eric Kripke returning to write the finale.

Episode Preview with Sera Gamble:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4uSGVB0rUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w8Sl8yn6zZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-21-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Supernatural --2 Hour Season Finale-- "Let it Bleed/Man Who Knew Too Much" -- 5/2

Interesting turn-of-events at the end, setting up for the next season (God Castiel). Though there was a decided lack of "oomph" for me leading up to the big opening of purgatory (which ends up occurring off-screen). Sam battling himself in his mind (a plot device I've seen numerous times) just didn't seem as interesting as the other stuff going on. I think it would've been better to have that stuff have it's own episode earlier in the season - not crammed into the finale.

Still good though - I went with the "good but not great" option (which seems to be the popular pick).
Old 05-21-11, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Supernatural --2 Hour Season Finale-- "Let it Bleed/Man Who Knew Too Much" -- 5/2

I thought this was a pretty terrible finale to cap off an extremely mediocre season.

I was mostly bored during Sam's hallucinations. I was extremely underwhelmed with the ending. Was there any point to this entire season? So they assassinate Cas's character while Sam/Dean/Bobby twiddle their thumbs and accomplish nothing. Oh, and all those problems with that messed up soul in Sam? No problem, just strap him down in a room and let him roll around for awhile.

Meh.
Old 05-21-11, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The actual ending was good but the episode as a whole was "meh". The whole bit that felt like The Winchester Identity and the later Identity meets Highlander portion fell totally flat for me. I actually liked the first episode better, even though it had a lackluster ending.
Old 05-21-11, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Misha Collins is not going to be a regular next season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/supern...lins-season-7/
Old 05-21-11, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisih8u View Post
Misha Collins is not going to be a regular next season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/supern...lins-season-7/
Hmm. My guess is they off him at the tail end of the season opener.

And Sera Gamble was misguided with her focus this season since what was happening on Earth was of very little interest and lacked focus. The ware in Heaven was far more interesting and it all happened offscreen (much like Cas openning Purgatory).

Unless that bit of "their titles have changed" means that either Ben Edlund or Eric Kripke are stepping up as showrunners (preferably Edlund since the script for this season finale suggests Kripke's heart is no longer in it), I don't see this show lasting passed season 7.
Old 05-21-11, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree with you guys. The Sam stuff was pretty boring once it was revealed to be a "dream". I also didn't buy into the end with Cas becoming a God. I was surprised Cas "outsmarted" Crowley and "won" although the blood switcharoo wasn't exactly a Bobby Fischer caliber move. Also, who would have thought that each giving powerful arch-enemies the "flee or die" option would come back to bite both of them in the ass.
Old 05-21-11, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Hmm. My guess is they off him at the tail end of the season opener.
Or the character is just going to not have as much screen-time. It doesn't make sense to have "God" palling around with the Winchester boys while they hunt monsters on a weekly basis. And it would be incredibly lame if Sam and Dean pull some supernatural crap out of their ass and kill God in the opener. That seems like something that'll stick around all season (with Misha making the occasional cameo).
Old 05-21-11, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess is God God comes back and kills Cas in the opener. I mean, he's still supposed to be around somewhere, and I don't think he'd be a fan of two gods. Plus, he probably is a fan of the Winchesters for preventing apocalypse. Or else they "worship" Cas to save their asses, and God smites his ass for false worshiping. Bottom line, I don't see Cas making it out of the opener. He's done.

And I agree with everything about the walls coming down in Sam's head. What the fuck? All season long, all we hear is it's the end of Sam if that ever happens. Boom, that's it. To the point they didn't want to even restore his soul, just in case they even cracked. But no, they got full on removed. And so all Sam has to do is kill himself twice, wake up with a bad hangover, and then he's immediately, immediately, able to go wherever the lair was, running around, and stab Cas? Wtf? That was just godawful writing, just horrid. Some of the worst ever on this show. And it was written by Kripke? Triple wtf? Does he not care about the show any longer, or did he just not watch any of the season before being asked to write this episode? Horrible.
Old 05-21-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually loved the finale but the whole Misha Collins situation is a damn bummer - to me (as said before) it's like getting rid of one of the brothers.

I'm honestly hoping it's just bs statement to get people to tune in.

I have no problems with any of the story either...I take the Sam situation as that he was finally ready for it and you do have to remember one thing....although not explained in any way shape or form, Cas had a part in getting him out alive.

I dug the Balthazar character as well and was sad to see him go.

All in all, I great, quick two hours......nowhere near as good as last season though.
Old 05-21-11, 01:35 PM
Banned by request

I'm only now watching these episodes, but Lovecraft! Awesome!

Edit: Okay, I can admit I teared up when Dean talked to Lisa and Ben in the hospital.

Well, this season started out on shaky ground, but they pulled it out in the end. I definitely didn't expect some of the twists and turns we got. Still the weakest season since the first one, but I'm looking forward to where they go next season.

Last edited by Supermallet; 05-21-11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-21-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved it. Quite exciting.
Old 05-21-11, 05:24 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

not a fan of evil Cas, or the idea of him not being a regular next year, but overall an enjoyable season for me
Old 05-21-11, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If they have Cas being a big bad next season it would be pretty easy to have him be off screen for most of the episodes.

Also, I've said it before and I know the show is probably nearing the end of it's run, but they are seriously depleting their stock of recurring characters.
Old 05-21-11, 07:33 PM
Banned by request

Spoiler:
I was disappointed they offed Balthazar, though. He and Crowley are the most fun characters the show has (had).
Old 05-25-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Imho it was a solid end to the weakest season thus far. I'll be back for next year though.
Old 05-25-11, 01:19 PM
Banned by request

Weaker than season one? Really?
Old 05-25-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
For me, yeah. I actually really liked season one. Maybe I'm just swayed by the fact that I thought the end of season five (sans instant revives for Cas, Sam and Bobby) would've been the perfect end to the series.
Old 05-25-11, 08:38 PM

I was hoping to see an appearance of that prophet/writer from the past season (chuck?)... really hoping to get an explanation how he just vanished to thin air at the end of previous season (was he God)?

And anyone get the feeling that this season kind of was a segway of getting Cas to be new Devil?
Old 05-25-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
Season 1 is still my favorite. With so much serialized stuff these days, I liked that it was a show without much of an ongoing story. I also liked that we saw a lot more variety back then on bad guys. Since season 1, it's been demons, demons, demons, angels, demons, angels, angels with something a little different thrown in from time to time. I really enjoyed how they tackled more myths and urban legends back in season 1.

It's still a great show. I just liked season 1 the best.
Old 05-26-11, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 90 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyx View Post
I was hoping to see an appearance of that prophet/writer from the past season (chuck?)... really hoping to get an explanation how he just vanished to thin air at the end of previous season (was he God)?

And anyone get the feeling that this season kind of was a segway of getting Cas to be new Devil?
Yes, Chuck was God.
Old 05-26-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 90 Likes on 46 Posts

Also, the ending of the episode, with all of them just staring, was overly long and started to go into comedy territory for me. Pretty bad editing there.
Old 05-26-11, 06:37 PM
Banned by request

I'm surprised that so many people like season one so much. It felt like someone took all the standalone episodes of the X-Files but without the chemistry of Mulder and Scully to keep things interesting.
Old 05-27-11, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I sorta agree. But seeing what the show has become I miss the show as it was back then.
For me seasons 2 and 3 are easily the best. Then it started slipping and has been slipping ever since.
Old 05-27-11, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Yes, Chuck was God.
I don't think he was, I think he was just a prophet, there was really no evidence in the season that he was actually God.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.