Old 05-09-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Last Details" -- 5/09/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah's (Yvonne Strahovski) wedding prep includes one final detail: ensuring that the mother-of-the-groom (guest star Linda Hamilton) makes it to the ceremony alive. Meanwhile, Morgan's (Joshua Gomez) responsibilities as Best Man include his most dangerous mission yet, as he faces Vivian Volkoff (guest star Lauren Cohan). Elsewhere, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) tends to the last details of the rehearsal dinner and seeks help from an unlikely source.

Episode 23 of 24

Next week is the season & possibly series finale.

Promo:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="dmlkZW9faWQ9MTMyNDM1MA" width="512" height="354" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/5-0/swf/DirectWidget.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&configXML=http://www.nbc.com/service/videowidget/params/dmlkZW9faWQ9MTMyNDM1MA==/"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/5-0/swf/DirectWidget.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&configXML=http://www.nbc.com/service/videowidget/params/dmlkZW9faWQ9MTMyNDM1MA==/" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="512" height="354" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 05-09-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Last Details" -- 5/09/11

I hope the it gets renewed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-11, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please please please let this come back for another season.
Old 05-09-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With the last couple episodes being so good, I would really miss this show if they couldn't so one more season. Although once they are married there is a good chance it will have jumped the shark
Old 05-09-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the show has made it this far, wouldn't it be a good business decision to keep it around to try to get 100 episodes for syndication? Not that shows haven't done it with less, but just to ensure it. Are they losing THAT much money? Do they have THAT many shows lined up that have the possibility of making it 4 seasons/getting close to syndication?

Crossing my fingers that they don't make a stupid business decision. I really would love to see season 5. (Wonder what that would entail? Grandpapa Volkoff? I'd be in for that one!)
Old 05-09-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy. Could that be the twist for the finale?

Here's to wondering. Wonder how Alexei will figure in next weeks ep?

Really enjoying the past few eps. Love the Star Wars and T2 references.

Doug
Old 05-09-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
If the show has made it this far, wouldn't it be a good business decision to keep it around to try to get 100 episodes for syndication? Not that shows haven't done it with less, but just to ensure it. Are they losing THAT much money? Do they have THAT many shows lined up that have the possibility of making it 4 seasons/getting close to syndication?

Crossing my fingers that they don't make a stupid business decision. I really would love to see season 5. (Wonder what that would entail? Grandpapa Volkoff? I'd be in for that one!)
It makes sense for Warner Bros, as they produce the show and would make the most profit over time, but not for NBC. Even Zachary Levi acknowledges the business issue of Chuck:

But our [ratings] right now are not great by any stretch of the imagination. The one thing that one can look at and go, "Well, there's this," is the fact that by the end of the season, we're at 78 episodes, which is 10 shy of syndication, and 22 of the illustrious 100-episode mark. One more would get us there, even a half season would get us into syndication, and Warner Bros. as a studio is what they're most attracted to. It's how they get from the red into the black. But I don't know. In a time like now, who's going to buy a catalog of episodes for a show that was barely hanging on with live, brand-new episodes? I understand putting reruns of the really big hit shows right now: "Glee" and "Modern Family" and the like. It's a tough thing to see, but I'm not privy to any of those conversations. I try not to look at ratings, because at the end of the day, all you can do is go to work, do your best, and be as much love and light for everyone around you, and keep a positive attitude.
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...-and-comic-con

But I would like to see a season 5, even if it's only a 10-13 episode season. We won't know until next Monday, when NBC presents the 2011-2012 schedule.

I wonder if they paid for the actual master recording of the Empire theme, or if they used a cheaper knock-off. All I thought was "and that's how you blow a weekly music budget in ten seconds."
Old 05-09-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

NBC ordered over 20 Pilots for the Fall and is now runned by a new President who had no involvement with developing the show or renewing it. So that puts a huge damper in Chuck's situation. And as DGib just said, Chuck isn't owned by NBC, Warner Bros owns it so the whole syndication deal doesn't mean squat for NBC.

Best case scenario IMO. 13 episode final season.
Old 05-09-11, 09:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What about another network picking it up?

It's certainly not the mega-hit Scrubs was, but might Warner convince someone to pick it up for a 5th season? Whether it gets new life after that or just enough to get to Syndication, what are the other scenarios out there?

This wonder kind of tempers the excitement each season lately. Will this or won't this be the end? Really sad for such a great show; just in a vicious time slot.
Old 05-09-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Scrubs was never a mega hit. It was a work horse... But back to the episode...

Holy Fuck!
Old 05-09-11, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the final episode comes to a decent stopping point, I'm fine with it ending now. It's had a good run, and I'd rather it go out on a high note than end up with the inevitable Sarah's Pregnant arc next season.

And I don't see what the obsession is with syndication. Honestly, who watches reruns on TV anymore? That's what DVDs and Netflix are for.
Old 05-09-11, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't it mentioned that this season ends on a cliffhanger? I swear I read that somewhere.
Old 05-10-11, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the scene when they are in the evil lair with all the bad guys and they turn on that device and everyone falls down and Morgan is kinda looking at them and then once he is told he has to pretend to be dead by Casey, he moans a bit and falls backwards.
I enjoyed this episode.
Old 05-10-11, 12:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

I know there was the initial shock of what was going on at the end, but I did find it funny that Ellie and Awesome just stood there when Sarah was on the ground. It's not like they're doctors or anything.
Old 05-10-11, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Wasn't it mentioned that this season ends on a cliffhanger? I swear I read that somewhere.
Well, Chuck has been ending its seasons with "game-changers." Season 2 ended with "I know kung fu." Season 3 ended with Chuck discovering his father's secret base. I remember reading something similar about this season's finale--that the will be some resolution to the current storyline, but some new element will be introduced that would be a focus in season 5.
Old 05-10-11, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Something tells me Chuck and Sarah won't actually get married to end this season... it'll be interrupted.
Old 05-10-11, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

BTW, loved all the pop-culture references. That's something that has been sorely missing in the past handful or so of episodes. All the obvious Star Wars ones were good. "Why are you calling him chewy?" Also loved the nod to Hamilton in Terminator doing pull-ups on her cell bed. I was impressed they got the actual Imperial March theme. I wonder what that cost, or what strings had to be pulled for that one.

Who did Chuck say Morgan looked like in the suit? I thought for certain they would get in a Die Hard/Hans Gruber nod, but they mentioned someone else.

I also have to say, I love how the Morgan-Casey relationship has grown since Morgan started dating Alex.

Originally Posted by MrX
I know there was the initial shock of what was going on at the end, but I did find it funny that Ellie and Awesome just stood there when Sarah was on the ground. It's not like they're doctors or anything.
I didn't even catch that. Good call.

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
If the final episode comes to a decent stopping point, I'm fine with it ending now. It's had a good run, and I'd rather it go out on a high note than end up with the inevitable Sarah's Pregnant arc next season.
I would be sad to see it go, but I'm kinda in the same boat. It's been a solid run and I never expected it to make it this far. I'm thankful for what we got. With that being said, I will really miss Casey's grunts on a weekly basis.
Old 05-10-11, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So pissed my Comcast DVR failed to record both this and House. That's like 4 shows in the past 2 weeks, all set for the season.
Old 05-10-11, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I hope not. They've been good at tying things up when there's a chance of cancellation, with just enough of a hook for next season.
Old 05-10-11, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So pissed my Comcast DVR failed to record both this and House. That's like 4 shows in the past 2 weeks, all set for the season.
Both of these should be available on Demand today.
Old 05-11-11, 03:12 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good episode as well. Not as good as last weeks but still solid.

I am mixed about "another season". While I love the show and actually would love it to continue I would hate for it to lose its charm. I think it will always be fun to watch but it could get into the inevitable "old hat been there done that" theme.

A nice way to do a S5 would be to prolong the wedding i.e. it starts S5 with it or it gets postponed further out and S5 ends all happy and what not but with a little tweak at the end like a message on an orion computer or something. Heck it may end this way next week.

Problem I see is that 1 hour doesn't seem like enough to wrap things up and for them to get married (in a real fancy ceremony) so my guess is that they may get married with Sara bedridden in the hospital.

Also I find it odd that this show has never killed off a main character (i.e. Chuck, Sara, Casey, Morgan, Ellie, or Awesome). I wouldn't be shocked if we saw something like that if it goes to S5 (and no I don't mean Sara).

Then Chuck never really follows the typical norm for shows either.
Old 05-11-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The Breaking Bad reference was the highlight for me. I'll be sad if the show goes, but not devastated.
Old 05-11-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Who did Chuck say Morgan looked like in the suit? I thought for certain they would get in a Die Hard/Hans Gruber nod, but they mentioned someone else.
I think Chuck said part Goldfinger/ part Drax (as in Hugo Drax, both from Bonds)
Old 05-11-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some may-be-good/may-be-bad news for Chuck's renewal prospects, as NBC picked up 4 in-house projects, leaving others until tomorrow:

UPDATE 5:30: And we're done. Word is that NBC won't be making more series pickups beyond the four shows from in-house studio UMS, thus prolonging the agony of producers awaiting word on the fate of their pilots until tomorrow.

UPDATE 5:20 PM: The Emily Spivey comedy, starring Christina Applegate as a professional woman and new mom, is now officially a go as a series order with a new name, Up All Night.

PREVIOUS 4:55 PM: NBC opened its own pickup season today with a series order to the untitled Whitney Cummings comedy pilot, now titled Whitney, a romantic comedy created by and starring the racy comedienne, the Broadway-themed Smash and Prime Suspect, a Maria Bello-starring adaptation of the classic British series. A pickup of the untitled Emily Spivey comedy starring Christina Applegate is also said to be underway. It seems like NBC is starting off by ordering the projects from its own studios (all 4 pilots above are from UMS) before moving onto outside suppliers, such as 20th TV, which has hot dramas REM and The Playboy Club and Warner Bros., which has the Chelsey Handler comedy in contention, while Wonder Woman appears doubtful and Mann's World highly unlikely at the moment.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-...s-more-coming/

So 2 (half-hour?) comedy pilots, a Glee-clone, and a BBC drama remake. I think the only big project left that could kill Chuck could be Wonder Woman, given that both are from Warner Bros.
Old 05-11-11, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GCS
Also I find it odd that this show has never killed off a main character (i.e. Chuck, Sara, Casey, Morgan, Ellie, or Awesome). I wouldn't be shocked if we saw something like that if it goes to S5 (and no I don't mean Sara).
Outside of Papa Bartowski, it's not like any of the characters they kill off stay dead anyway.

Originally Posted by DGibFen
So 2 (half-hour?) comedy pilots, a Glee-clone, and a BBC drama remake. I think the only big project left that could kill Chuck could be Wonder Woman, given that both are from Warner Bros.
And they would both be playing to the same audience. Actually it would make since to pair them together on the same night, IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.