Old 05-06-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "The Man Who Would Be King" -- 5/06/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-11-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Castiel (Misha Collins) tells Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) about the war in Heaven and how he and Raphael became enemies. Bobby believes Castiel is hiding something, but Dean refuses to believe it.

Written and Directed by Ben Edlund

Episode 20 of 22

No episode next week for the Smallville Finale. Will return on the 20th for it's 2 hour season finale

Episode Preview with Executive Producer Sera Gamble:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y8XZ8aXc7-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like these little episode previews that the CW has been posting. I wish more shows/networks would do this.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FEj004kox-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like a Cas centered episode.
Old 05-06-11, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "The Man Who Would Be King" -- 5/06/11

Looks good. But they better not off Cas when all is said and done.
Old 05-06-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Really loved tonights episode. It was a great way to wash the taste of shit left behind by tonight's episode of Smallville. I really like how they tied everything together but I still feel they should have put all this front and centre throughout the series. Eve and Gramps just weren't interesting enough to carry a whole season. Really looking forward to the 20th.
Old 05-06-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Looks good. But they better not off Cas when all is said and done.
I don't see how they could. I'm sure when they first started this thing the brothers were what it was all about but not anymore....the Cas character is just as important to the show for me now as anyone in terms of keeping me coming back for more...of course I would still watch but it would be like killing off one of the brothers to me (and this is coming from someone who just recently got into the show) but as always.....who knows.

Loved tonights show.....it stood on its own and was a very quick hour the 20th can't get here fast enough.
Old 05-07-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Both last week's and this week's episodes have really improved this season immensely with the surprise twist back towards Crowley and now about Castiel's deal with him. This season has finally started coming into focus and seems to be setting up a great season finale.
Old 05-07-11, 12:46 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's one very good reason this episode was so great:

Written and directed by Ben Edlund. He really is the savior of the show at this point. Poor Sera Gamble.
Old 05-07-11, 02:26 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
There's one very good reason this episode was so great:

Written and directed by Ben Edlund. He really is the savior of the show at this point. Poor Sera Gamble.
I've enjoyed every episode. Sure, some more than others, but I think overall it's been pretty good.
Old 05-07-11, 02:56 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the first half of the season was far too rocky. The second half has been much better. But the highlights have been the Edlund episodes.
Old 05-08-11, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Good episode and I'm looking forward to the finale.
I'm still out next year though. This season was mostly bad and a real chore to get through.
Old 05-09-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I think the first half of the season was far too rocky. The second half has been much better. But the highlights have been the Edlund episodes.
Reminds me of when what's-her-name took over Buffy. The two female show runners I am aware of taking over a show I love, I have hated.
Old 05-09-11, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was on OK episode but ultimately disappointing because they didn't set it up well over the season. They should have built up the war between the angles more and created a more focused and solid A storyline for the boys to follow while this played out behind the scenes. They didn't have to dropped hints of Cas's secret but they should have at least setup a few mysteries that his reveal would explain. And by that I mean more than just "What's Cas been up to?", but some unexplained events or mysterious characters. Speaking of which, they also need to get a few more recurring hotties on board after killing off so many of them the last couple of seasons.
Old 05-09-11, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
This was on OK episode but ultimately disappointing because they didn't set it up well over the season. They should have built up the war between the angles more and created a more focused and solid A storyline for the boys to follow while this played out behind the scenes. They didn't have to dropped hints of Cas's secret but they should have at least setup a few mysteries that his reveal would explain. And by that I mean more than just "What's Cas been up to?", but some unexplained events or mysterious characters. Speaking of which, they also need to get a few more recurring hotties on board after killing off so many of them the last couple of seasons.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I thought this episode was just alright. I didn't feel they needed to bring back Crowley and I don't think they set this episode up well. If they wanted to play let's fill in the blanks to what Cas did, they should have aired this earlier in the season.