DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Redemption Island -- April 20, 2011 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/589853-survivor-redemption-island-april-20-2011-a.html)

auto 04-19-11 07:20 PM

Survivor: Redemption Island -- April 20, 2011

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/wp...ion-island.jpg

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/g...st_500x333.jpg

Episode 10:

Spoiler:
Rice Wars

One alliance's supply of rice becomes contaminated, which leads to a heated argument. Meanwhile, Matt, Mike and David duel on Redemption Island, with the loser becoming the first member of the jury.

Graftenberg 04-20-11 06:43 AM

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- April 20, 2011

I voted for God Boy.

coladar 04-20-11 07:46 AM

Man, the previews make this look like a classic episode. Then you've got Crazy Phil, former FBI Agent?!? And his tribe who find it funny and good for them, so they egg him on. On the other side you've got a tribe that's down and out, knows they are screwed, were jackasses to begin with, thinking they were the cats meow. Then you add Phil throwing the
Spoiler:
race card
into the whole pot of TNT and C4. Man, this has the makings to be a truly epic, classic blowout.

magiccmom 04-20-11 09:42 AM

-popcorn-

Double_Oh_7 04-20-11 10:31 AM

Really bored with this season. Can we just end it now, give it to Rob and be done with him for good?

Goat3001 04-20-11 02:25 PM

I'm loving this season. It's fun to watch someone just dominate the game from all angles... even if he had an advantage.

So I guess we're getting a three way RI challenge tonight? It's set up to be a great challenge between Mike, Matt and David.

Smart move from here is for Rob's team to vote out Julie (the older chick) now... avoid any chance of an all female alliance. Then you're up 6 to 2 and this might be a good time to blindside Andrea. She's the smartest of the remaining old Ometepe and she's most likely to make a power play against Rob. Then peg off the remaining Zapatera and whoever comes back from RI. Then get Grant or one of the girls out of the game... then get Grant or one of the girls out of the game again. Ideally Rob would like to end up with Ashley/Natalie and Phillip in the final 3.

Meanwhile, if the old Ometepe wanted to make a play right now... get rid of Rob immediately. It's early enough where he might not be expecting it so he won't play the idol. Only problem with making such a move is that they'll have to pull it off perfectly because I think Rob has been around the game long enough to know when people are running off and plotting against him.

But my guess for the rest of the game is that Rob overplays his hand and pegs off the remaining Zapatera first along with whoever returns from RI... then the tribe turns on him but he plays the HII at first saving himself and cutting Grant or Andrea out. Then he's at the will of the remaining members of the tribe. Then again, Natalie and Phillip are following him so closely that they might not be willing to turn on him at all.

Red Dog 04-20-11 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 10734388)
I'm loving this season. It's fun to watch someone just dominate the game from all angles... even if he had an advantage.

:thumbsup:

dolphinboy 04-20-11 05:54 PM

Aren't two people being sent home from redemption island tonight? So, why can you vote for just one?

I was under the impression that Mike, Matt, and David would compete head-to-head in one competition tonight.

Which I think is almost as stupid as redemption island AFTER the merge. It didn't bother me that someone got to come back in. Maybe the real idea behind it was to give us one more challenge to watch per hour. I didn't love it, but it was ok just as long as it was just to bring someone back at the merge.

But letting someone NOT play the real Survivor game that happens when you're truly playing for individual immunity and lying and plotting behind people's backs and winning BIG challenges...that's the toughest part of the game and I don't like someone getting to skip that and possibly have a real good chance to win without playing the true Survivor game.

That said, if tonight it's just one challenge at redemption for 3 people, that's huge for Matt. He has a better chance of defeating 2 people in 1 challenge than he would having to face Mike, then do another challenge against David. I guess it's the same advantage for all 3, but more for Matt as the odds of winning time after time eventually catch up with you. I'd rather have the chance in one competition to take out 2 players than having to win 2 times against pretty good competition.

dolphinboy 04-20-11 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 10734009)
Really bored with this season. Can we just end it now, give it to Rob and be done with him for good?

He "deserves" to win just for having that Amazing Race victory stolen from him and Amber when (I have 0% doubt) the producers somehow got the plane that had left the gate and returned back for a non-emergency, so that CBS could have a final that was in doubt instead of a runaway victory.

BUT, for those of you who don't like him, I can't see him possibly making the final 3. I don't care how it looks, no one wants to get to the end and be sitting next to Rob and there must be mini-alliances out there. Andrea, speaking about Matt when he returned, even stated that he was blowing her plans for making the final 3.

She doesn't want Rob there and wouldn't trust his word anyway, so I think that infers that she has a deal with the other 2 girls or possibly Phillip and one of the other two girls.

They know they have to get him out. If he's lucky enough to get wind of a blindside and save himself with his idol, he'd need to win his way to the final 3. Yes, they seem to love him, but they can taste the money now, so they'll turn on him and all the advantages of playing the game before and being the "star" will totally work against him in the end.

NORML54601 04-20-11 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 10734745)
Aren't two people being sent home from redemption island tonight? So, why can you vote for just one?

I believe that the person who loses is out and is the first jury member and the other 2 rejoin the game.

Quack 04-20-11 06:29 PM

Or maybe there is just one loser? Maybe 1st and 2nd stay alive and the 3rd goes to the jury and we get to see some Ponderosa webisodes. :)

dolphinboy 04-20-11 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601 (Post 10734782)
I believe that the person who loses is out and is the first jury member and the other 2 rejoin the game.

That just can't be. I would be livid if they let 2 people back.

Besides, if there can only be one winner, there would be two losers.

the big train 04-20-11 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 10734388)
Meanwhile, if the old Ometepe wanted to make a play right now... get rid of Rob immediately. It's early enough where he might not be expecting it so he won't play the idol. Only problem with making such a move is that they'll have to pull it off perfectly because I think Rob has been around the game long enough to know when people are running off and plotting against him.

I think the only honest to goodness advantage he has being a vet in the midst of a bunch of newbies is that he's more familiar with how the crew operates when somebody is in danger of being blindsided.

NORML54601 04-20-11 07:24 PM

Phillip is comedy gold :lol:

Edit. Steve saluting and Phillip turning ghetto rotfl

Quack 04-20-11 07:27 PM

Race card! Race card!

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/wp-cont...hatsRacist.gif

NORML54601 04-20-11 07:53 PM

Phile :lol:

Seriously though, how does someone that incredibly stupid make it to his age?

auto 04-20-11 08:04 PM

[whinydouche]gods literally carrying me[/whinydouche]

rotfl

aktick 04-20-11 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by auto (Post 10734928)
[whinydouche]gods literally carrying me[/whinydouche]

rotfl

Spoilers! :mad:

Eddie W 04-20-11 08:29 PM

Seeing how Ralph can misspell the most simple names is one of the most entertaining aspects of this season. I don't think he's gotten a single one right. I hope they compile all his votes on the finale.

dfmaverick2 04-20-11 08:33 PM

Can't believe he got the 'P' and 'H'.

mwbmis 04-20-11 08:57 PM

I would disappointed if these silly redemption island challenges get rid of all the reward challenges. There is strategy in the reward challenge. People have lost the game b/c of reward challenges.

For instance, Rob would want no part of actually winning a reward challenge right now b/c he wouldn't want to have to pick who was going with him.

Double_Oh_7 04-20-11 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 10734983)
Seeing how Ralph can misspell the most simple names is one of the most entertaining aspects of this season. I don't think he's gotten a single one right. I hope they compile all his votes on the finale.

For some reason he ends all of them with "e".

cdollaz 04-20-11 09:07 PM

Tonight, Phillip crossed the line from entertaining to annoying, unlikeable jackass.

Shinobi 04-20-11 09:09 PM

Jeff Probst should be put in charge of the country's race relations. Screw Obama and his beer summit, Probst and a Tribal Council are all we need to achieve peace and harmony.

zuffy 04-20-11 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 10734983)

I think he got rob right