Old 04-14-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Nikita -- "Into the Dark" -- 4/14/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-03-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Owen (Devon Sawa) returns with information on one of Percy's (Xander Berkeley) black boxes. Nikita (Maggie Q) returns to London with him to retrieve it but notices that Owen is acting strangely. Owen tells Nikita that he wants to release the contents of the black box and when Nikita disagrees, he turns on her. Meanwhile, Percy finds out Nikita is in London and dispenses Michael (Shane West) to kill her. Also, Amanda (Melinda Clarke) overhears Jaden (Tiffany Hines) arguing with Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) about the escape tunnels so she hooks Alex up to a lie detector to get the truth out of her once and for all.

Episode 18 of 22

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JuMIC7XXhKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait as usual. Production on the season wrapped last week. Hopefully these last few weeks do well enough to get a renewal.
Old 04-14-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Into the Dark" -- 4/14/11

Last week's ep almost seemed like a season finale, with all it packed in. Based on the synopsis, this episode looks to be just as good.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Can't wait as usual. Production on the season wrapped last week. Hopefully these last few weeks do well enough to get a renewal.
Tvbythenumbers has it in their "likely to be renewed" category, so I'm hopeful.
Old 04-17-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Watched this today. Guess this got lost in the shuffle with Thursday's other programs.

Another really good episode. Honestly, I think the show has been really solid all season. There are maybe 2 or 3 mediocre episodes, but this has been consistently good. Also, I'm glad they have given Melinda Clarke more to do. I'm not sure why she has it out for Alex, but I liked her interrogation scenes with her. I love how evil, yet sexy her character is.

The set design was great. Last week felt like they were filming in Russia and this week looked like they were filming in England. The shootout scene at the bridge and the fight scenes in the church were great. I wish Nikita wasn't so hung up on helping Owen. The guy is really unstable and she needs to stay focused on the long term goal of brining down Division.

BTW, I read the ratings were up. 2.2M viewers and 0.8 in the demos after being down last week.

Again, if your not watching for whatever reason, your missing out. If this gets a 2nd season (which I'm pretty sure it will), I hope those of you who haven't watched, quit or are hesitant to watch will rent or buy the BD or DVD of season 1 and give the show another shot. This is easily IMO the best action serial drama of the 2010-11 season.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-17-11 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-17-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Yeah need to get it on Blu-ray to watch some episodes I missed. I watched the show from the beginning until Fringe came back. Then Fringe got moved to Friday's so I was able to watch Lyndsy Fonseca again.
Old 04-18-11, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alex: "Are you still recommending me for cancellation?"
Amanda: "No."
[Alex leaves room]
Birkhoff: "Lie."

Fan-freaking-tastic episode.

Great action scenes, especially the sequence in the church. The end scene where Owen apologized to Nikita was nicely understated; it reminds you how damaged these people are. I also liked the cat-and-mouse game with Amanda and Alex. They packed a lot into this ep.

That Cleaner storage unit was spooky, with the bone saws and acid.

Oh, and Percy throws like a girl.

Broken record time: More people should be watching this show!

Originally Posted by DJariya
The set design was great. Last week felt like they were filming in Russia and this week looked like they were filming in England.
This being a CW show, I'm guessing they have a pretty low budget. They do a great job with the location scenes.
Old 04-18-11, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maggie Q is pretty.

D