Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Being Human -- Season Finale -- "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way..." -- 4/11/11

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Did you like the 1st season of Being Human (U.S.) & Will you come back?
Yes, Loved the show. Will 100% come back next season
80.00%
It was Good, but had problems. Will still check out season 2
20.00%
Meh it was just okay
0%
No, thought it was bad. Will stick to the British version
0%
Another Vampire show. Screw that!
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Being Human -- Season Finale -- "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way..." -- 4/11/11

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-11, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Josh and Sally tend to Aidan after Bishop's attack; Nora learns the truth about Josh; Aidan's first meeting with Josh is detailed in the Season 1 finale.

Episode 13 of 13

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MfvIBEfxbUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-11-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Being Human -- Season Finale -- "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way..." -- 4/11/11

Really looking forward to this episode, however bummed about having to wait for next season.
Old 04-11-11, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Being Human -- Season Finale -- "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way..." -- 4/11/11

Just saw the S3 finale of the British show on Saturday on BBC America and it was spectacular. I wish I could start watching S4 immediately.

The longer American first season is roughly equivalent to S1 and S2 of the British show. I like some of the changes that were made in the American show, not because they were better but there would be no point in remaking the show identically. They've done a decent, if not great, job. But the British show isn't perfect either.
Old 04-11-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by movielib
Just saw the S3 finale of the British show on Saturday on BBC America and it was spectacular. I wish I could start watching S4 immediately.

The longer American first season is roughly equivalent to S1 and S2 of the British show. I like some of the changes that were made in the American show, not because they were better but there would be no point in remaking the show identically. They've done a decent, if not great, job. But the British show isn't perfect either.
I love the s3 finale of the original but I was sad because of what happened.

I think American version turned out better than I expected. I thought the first few episodes were a bit weak. The last six episode have been very good and I loved the changes that were done.
Old 04-12-11, 12:48 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Solid finale.

Sad to see Bishop go, he was a great bad guy.

I didn't think the flashbacks really added anything.

Figured Aidan would end up replacing Bishop, but I'm really looking forward to Josh and Nora now that he scratched her. I did like the shot of her on the ground and WereJosh looking back at her from the other side.

Last edited by MrX; 04-12-11 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-12-11, 07:21 AM

The finale was pretty good. I liked the Bishop/Aidan showdown and I'm glad a couple of other things were changed from the UK version.
Old 04-12-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movielib

I also love the British version. I was only able to sit through the 1st ep of the U.S. version. I might give it another shot though. Does the girl ghost ever become less annoying?
Old 04-12-11, 12:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah, not to get to spoilery, and I haven't seen the British version, but we learn there's more to Sally's death.

Plus she looks like this for a bit towards the end of the season

Spoiler:
Old 04-12-11, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Thrush
I also love the British version. I was only able to sit through the 1st ep of the U.S. version. I might give it another shot though. Does the girl ghost ever become less annoying?
Love the British one too but the US version did a really decent job.
I never found her annoying so I'm not sure if you'd ever like her but her character grew a lot so you might come around.
It's worth getting past the first episode for sure. They kept pretty close to the British one at first and then went their own way and for the better in my opinion. Might not have made it a better version overall but the changes were good. For me, British series are so over the top melodramatic; and that's what makes it better in many ways and worse at the same time.
Old 04-13-11, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Really good finale. I agree with Mr. X, the flashbacks to Josh and Aidan 1st meeting didn't really add anything to this episode. Other than that, loved the showdown between Aidan and Bishop. I'm also glad that Nora finally knows the truth about Josh, even though it's probably going to come at a high price with those scratches. Should be interesting in season 2 if they create a new central villain like Bishop.

I saw the blood, so I assume Nora had a miscarriage right? The show got so much better as the weeks went by. Sorry to the British version fans who didn't stick with it.
Old 04-13-11, 03:57 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yeah, the implication with that amount of blood, and the conversation after certainly makes it seem like she miscarried.

huge fan of this show... I cannot wait until it returns... loved nearly every episode.
Old 04-13-11, 09:27 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Mark Pentawhatever dies on every show he's been on.

Being Human, Lost, Dexter, Supernatural. Guy can't catch a break!
Old 04-13-11, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

Really good finale. I agree with Mr. X, the flashbacks to Josh and Aidan 1st meeting didn't really add anything to this episode. Other than that, loved the showdown between Aidan and Bishop. I'm also glad that Nora finally knows the truth about Josh, even though it's probably going to come at a high price with those scratches. Should be interesting in season 2 if they create a new central villain like Bishop.

I saw the blood, so I assume Nora had a miscarriage right? The show got so much better as the weeks went by. Sorry to the British version fans who didn't stick with it.
I think the "she" that Heggeman mentioned at the end might be the villain for next season.
Old 04-13-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

If "she" is played by Evan Rachel Wood, I am done with this show.
Old 04-13-11, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
If "she" is played by Evan Rachel Wood, I am done with this show.
When Heggeman mentioned "she" Evan Rachel Wood also popped into my head. It will be intersting to see and find out exactly who "she" is.