Old 04-07-11, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "Know Thy Enemy" -- 4/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Alaric (Matt Davis) both lash out at John (guest star David Anders) when Isobel's (guest star Mia Kirshner) unexpected arrival leaves Jenna (Sara Canning) devastated. Bonnie (Katerina Graham) works with Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) to find the spell they'll need to harness her ancestors' power. A heartbroken Caroline (Candice Accola) doesn't know what to do about Matt (Zach Roerig). Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon realize they have a new secret weapon.

Episode 17 of 22

Trailer:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XaC0FKnNtEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's back!! Can't wait!
Old 04-07-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Know Thy Enemy" -- 4/07/11

According to this interview with Katerine Graham (Bonnie), something big happening:

Spoiler:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/kat-gr...s-death-tease/

One of the main characters will be killed off before the season is over.

My guess is Matt. He's 100% dead weight.
Old 04-07-11, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
According to this interview with Katerine Graham (Bonnie), something big happening:

Spoiler:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/kat-gr...s-death-tease/

One of the main characters will be killed off before the season is over.

My guess is Matt. He's 100% dead weight.
Well, Matt is dead weight, but we all thought Carolyn was too until she became super-awesome. And I can't see them killing off the only Female Vampire on the show.

Kathryn is a good one since she is a main cast member...in a way. Tyler is a Werewolf so he's safe. Bonnie the Witch. So that leaves a few others...
Old 04-08-11, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Good episode and alot of WTF moments. The show is great, but loses alot of momentum during these 2-3 month breaks and you tend to forget alot of key plot points.

So why was Jenna being such a bitch about Isobel to Alaric and Elena. I was kind of lost there.

at the scene where Isobel committed suicide in front of Elena. I was really suprised she did that.

Can someone refresh my memory? When did Bonnie get her powers back? Was it in the last episode before the show went on break?

I was a little confused after the scene with Matt and Caroline's Mom. So Matt faked being compelled by Caroline after drinking vervain so he could pass along all the information about Caroline to her Mom? That made me believe that Caroline's Mom also faked being compelled from earlier in the season. Caroline should seriously forget about Matt. I seriously just don't buy them as a couple. The guy is a douche. She was developing some great chemistry with Tyler before he left.

And WTF with that final scene with Alaric being possessed.

BTW, did anyone secretly hope that Katherine and Isobel would make out after they hugged earlier in the episode?
Old 04-08-11, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone refresh my memory? When did Bonnie get her powers back? Was it in the last episode before the show went on break?
When that warlock guy, the dad, was dieing he grabbed Bonnie and transfered her powers back.
Old 04-08-11, 07:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

looks like they found a way to keep that actor playing Alaric around... otherwise he was just as much dead weight as Matt. The suicide scene was great.

I was just saying to my wife that this town needed to throw another dance soon, and then voila! the preview for next week.
Old 04-08-11, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good episode and alot of WTF moments. The show is great, but loses alot of momentum during these 2-3 month breaks and you tend to forget alot of key plot points.

So why was Jenna being such a bitch about Isobel to Alaric and Elena. I was kind of lost there.
Alaric wouldn't tell her what happened to Isobel. John made it seem like it was serious.

Daddy Warlock smacked it back into her.

I was a little confused after the scene with Matt and Caroline's Mom. So Matt faked being compelled by Caroline after drinking vervain so he could pass along all the information about Caroline to her Mom? That made me believe that Caroline's Mom also faked being compelled from earlier in the season. Caroline should seriously forget about Matt. I seriously just don't buy them as a couple. The guy is a douche. She was developing some great chemistry with Tyler before he left.
No, she was really compelled. Matt gave her enough reason to put things together and made him drink vervain so she would know for sure. I can see the Sheriff killing Matt to keep her daughters secret.
Old 04-08-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at Damon hiding the moonstone in a soapdish.

This episode started out slow, but delivered as this show always does. I would have liked more Caroline. at Isobel burning herself alive.
Old 04-08-11, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm wondering if Isobel wasn't compelled to burn herself alive.
Old 04-08-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I'm wondering if Isobel wasn't compelled to burn herself alive.
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-08-11, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust.

He gets all the best lines.

I love this show so much. Thank goodness it is back.