Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the worst TV show that you still keep watching?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What's the worst TV show that you still keep watching?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What's the worst TV show that you still keep watching?

The Office.
Whoever watches Mike and Mike wins with the worst show.
Old 04-04-11, 08:47 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tscott
Probably Warehouse 13. I liked the first season well enough. Then in season two they decided to make the characters all buffoons and play everything for laughs, but I still watched.
warehouse 13 is an interesting show, i mean it's not good and it's not completely terrible. i watched both seasons just because it's scifi

the guy (can't think of his name at the moment) be cracking me up sometimes, the episode where they went back in time in someone elses body and watched a tape of themselves comes to mind

the chick with the eyes.. who left aint that good an actor, but she works well with the dude. that other computer chick is cool

if there is a new season, i hope they come with a good storyline
Old 04-04-11, 09:08 AM

Weeds - I've invested too much time into this series for me to just quit now. I need to see how it ends. It can't possibly get any worse, can it?

Jersey Shore - It's so bad but I can't ignore it. I honestly cannot justify why I continue to watch this but I do. I keep hoping it'll just go away so I can no longer watch it.
Old 04-04-11, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only one is really The Office. Everything else I pretty much love. I finally kind of gave up on The Simpsons. I might actually shed a tear or two.
Old 04-04-11, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ATX
warehouse 13 is an interesting show, i mean it's not good and it's not completely terrible. i watched both seasons just because it's scifi
Yeah. I'm not saying it's terrible, just the "worst" out of the shows I watch.

I used to stick with shows forever, but lately I've dropped many shows with no regret. Shows like The Cape, V, The Event, No Ordinary Family, Sanctuary. These all were given more than a fair shot to hook me, but all were found to be lacking so I dropped them. If I had stuck with one of those listed, I would've named them instantly for this thread, rather than needing to think for a while before settling on Warehouse 13 as my answer.

BTW, I like Weeds. It's become an annual event for me. I don't get Showtime, so I just wait until I can get the DVDs and watch the entire season in a couple days. I really enjoy watching it like that. I do the same thing with Californication which is another train wreck I can't keep my eyes off of when I finally see it on DVD.
Old 04-04-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The Office. I'm sticking with it to see Carell's exit/replacement, but the way things have been going on the show I don't have high hopes.
Old 04-04-11, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Lights Out

Show was just awesome for the first 5-6 episodes and has taken a dramatic downward spiral. I had very high hopes for it.
I'm still enjoying it for the most part simply because I like "Lights" and can't wait to see how his life gets worse each week. That poor guy can't catch a break

Though, I'm curious to see how this show us going to last after the big fight they've been setting up all season is over.
Old 04-04-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Lights Out

Show was just awesome for the first 5-6 episodes and has taken a dramatic downward spiral. I had very high hopes for it.
Came in here to post the same thing. At least there's only one episode left.
Old 04-04-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

I would say The Event but I have all the episodes since its return just sitting in my dvr, I'll most likely just delete them in bulk eventually.

Instead I'll say its gotta be Wipeout. It was a fun distraction to watch during the summer months but stretching it out through the whole year turns a one note show into a tired exercise. I stick with it cause its still funny watching people eat shit for a few minutes a week.
Old 04-04-11, 11:41 AM

Desperate Housewifes...
Hands Down!

They keep repeating story lines, and they have gotten Lanette's character so damn manipulating, that I think Tom can kill her and never have a jury convict him.

Hate this show...and yet I cant look away...
Old 04-04-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Without a doubt....Desperate Housewives.

Its gotten terrible, I really think the two year extension hurt the show. Two of the main characters (Susan and Lynette) are so dis-likable its not even funny. And the addition of Vanessa Williams to the cast has done nothing for the show.

But I've got over half a decade invested in the thing so I need to see it end.

I'm actually praying that they fail at contract negotiations and the show gets put out of its misery this year.
Old 04-04-11, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Count me in for Desperate Housewives as well. It's sort of a tradition for my wife and me to watch after she gets home on Sunday evenings, but it'd be nice if they'd put it out of its misery. I liked the five-year reboot for one season, but then it started sucking again.

Instead we could probably catch up with our Friday recording of Fringe.
Old 04-04-11, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Probably Outsourced. It has some good episodes, but it's not as good as The Office at all.
Old 04-04-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

The only one I can think of is Smallville but they redeem it a bit every few weeks and I like the characters. But that's pushing it, because I do enjoy it to some extent. I simply stop watching shows if I don't like them.
Old 04-04-11, 07:15 PM

Desperate Housewives for me as well, so sad..

and V I wanted this show to be good so badly and its just terrible but i keep going until they cancel.
Old 04-04-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TNA Impact
Old 04-04-11, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601
TNA Impact
I had to google that. That wasn't the T'n'A I was hoping for...
Old 04-04-11, 08:42 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

As mentioned by others - The Event and V.

The champion for me was Heroes. In retrospect, I can't fathom why I stuck with it all the way to the end despite only consistently liking the 1st season.

There must be something about Science Fiction shows that causes me to stick with them longer than any other type of show I start disliking. I think it's because most of them have great concepts, but terrible executions that keep me thinking that it could get better with only a few tweaks, despite the fact that they hardly ever do.
Old 04-04-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
Smallville, everyweek i tell the wife how bad it was,a nd she asks why i still watch it...it is out of loyalty at this point.
Originally Posted by Draven
The only one I can think of is Smallville but they redeem it a bit every few weeks and I like the characters. But that's pushing it, because I do enjoy it to some extent. I simply stop watching shows if I don't like them.
It's OK to stick with Smallville 'cause you're almost done
Old 04-04-11, 09:08 PM

Glee and One Tree Hill. I like Glee more. The thing that irks me the most about OTH, is the overuse of awful actors for minor characters.
Old 04-04-11, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Now that V is gone, The Event.
Old 04-04-11, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coladar
I'm confident enough with myself to admit it... Wizards of Waverly Place. Don't ask me why I watch it, I don't know. I'll shout from the rooftops I watch iCarly and Victorious, since Dan Schneider is a comedic genius and those shows are incredibly, incredibly well written. Better than 90% of the crap on network TV that passes as non-kiddy comedy. Wizards though? I just truly don't know. The guy that plays the father is funny, and Harper is hot.
Isn't the Dad Dom Deluise's son, David I think. I like Wizards, like you I watch all those other Nick and Disney shows with my daughters, and while i do watch shows i can't stand just to be with them, i do like most of those. I think the worst of those shows that they watch(that i don't really hate and sometimes kinda enjoy) is Big Time Rush.
Old 04-04-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

At least tell me you guys don't enjoy Suite Life on Deck
Old 04-04-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
At least tell me you guys don't enjoy Suite Life on Deck
my kids enjoyed the original a few years ago but they never got in the boat show, thankfully cause those kids get on my damn nerves. Again i've never sat down and watched ICarly or Sonny with a Chance by myself but they are shows I can stand and don't mind sitting through for a few hours a night just to hang out with my girls. They get old too quick, i mean my oldest is getting her license in a few months and I'm sure after that I'll be begging her to sit down and watch some crappy Nick show with me.
I will admit to watching Phineas and Ferb by myself though.
Old 04-04-11, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Weeds, despite the past season being the best since the second it still isn't the show I enjoyed watching at the beginning.

I would've answered this with The Event but I gave up on that after the break. No way that show is getting picked up for a second season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.