Old 02-23-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Survivor: Redemption Island -- "You Own My Vote" -- 2/23/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-02-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
One castaway's kind gesture causes others to take notice and question his loyalty to the tribe, while Francesca settles into solitary life on Redemption Island and speculates who will join her next.

Episode 2 of 14

Please get Phillip some swimming trunks or pants.
Old 02-23-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- "You Own My Vote" -- 2/23/11

I can't wait! After all these seasons this is still my favorite show on television.
Old 02-23-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
After all these seasons this is still my favorite show on television.

Same here.
Old 02-23-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really looking forward to this after last week's episode. The show is rarely this interesting so early in the season.
Old 02-23-11, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Phillip crying about wearing the uniform then hunting fiddler crabs.
he's the craziest person ever on this show.
Old 02-23-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My boss' son went to high school with Matt. He's very into sports and probably shook hands with the other tribe member out of sheer habit of sportsmanship. Not a good slip-up in Survivor.
Old 02-23-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Whats the sportsmanship of that?
He was on another team and what they did was beat you.
I never wanted to shake the other teams hand when they beat me.
Old 02-23-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm not really sure why they confronted Russell about the clue. Just let him waste his time looking for something that isn't there. Or better yet, plant a fake HI in the spot for him to find. Seeing Russell's face after playing a fake HI would be gold.
Old 02-23-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I'm not really sure why they confronted Russell about the clue. Just let him waste his time looking for something that isn't there. Or better yet, plant a fake HI in the spot for him to find. Seeing Russell's face after playing a fake HI would be gold.
No one knows that ManSweater has the idol.
Old 02-23-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to wonder what might be left of Rob's tribe at the time of the merge if the challenges are physical in nature - if they wanted to split up the couple, why not take out the weak physical link? Because Matt shook hands with a couple of folks on the other tribe after the challenge?

I do like some of the personalities and would like to see Rob and Russell gone quickly so we can actually get more airtime of the others, but it seems like Rob, Russell and special agent man will dominate the show for a little while.

And they really need to hide the immunity idols better so that you at least need a single clue to find them. All they have to do is bury the damn thing, how hard is that to do? The clues might as well read "spend a little time looking for it for a while and you'll find it".

Spoiler:
And did they spoil which team wins immunity next week in the previews?
Old 02-23-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Boston Rob is a genius. It really is like watching a pro play against rookies. Once Phillip told Rob that he owned his vote we should have all figured out right there that Rob would find a way for him to stay in the game. Then he finds a reason to vote out someone in his alliance all while making it seem that Phillip is outside his original group so that they don't get weary about the fact that Rob is pulling someone crazy into the alliance that no one trusts. Now he has 4 votes in his back pocket AND he managed to flush out the idol AND he has the next three (in order I say it goes Andrea, Christine, Phillip) castoffs lined up. Plus he has it set up so that no one in his alliance would be willing to turn on him. Hopefully there's no tribe swap crap set up for this season because I'm looking forward to watching this all play out.

The only thing I would have played differently would have been to vote out Andrea now and keep Matt. He seems like he would have went back to work with the original alliance even without her and he's a better physical player.

I think Grant is a dark horse to make it very far in this game. He seems like a loyal alliance guy and when it comes merge time he looks like the kind of guy that can win a lot of immunity challenges.
Old 02-23-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
One day I'm going to send in a tape to be on Survivor and if I make it I need to remember two things:

1. If you find the HII, DON'T TELL ANYONE. ANYONE!

2. Don't confront anyone about anything ever. Confrontation may make for good TV but it puts your name on the chopping block right away.

And I agree with your last point. You really need Russell to find a fake HII. He won't stop searching for the idol and eventually he'll figure out that someone else has it. Lucky for Sweaterman, Russell thinks he's too stupid to have it. Just make sure your fake HII isn't a stick.
Old 02-23-11, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goat3001
And I agree with your last point. You really need Russell to find a fake HII. He won't stop searching for the idol and eventually he'll figure out that someone else has it. Lucky for Sweaterman, Russell thinks he's too stupid to have it. Just make sure your fake HII isn't a stick.
From the previews it could possibly happen next week. Perfect time to plant a fake idol and you could even wrap it in ManSweater's note that was with his idol to make it look even more real.

I really don't see Russell making it far this season, even with his two girl alliance. Everyone knows his game this time around.
Old 02-24-11, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

LOL at God providing Bible-Boy with an alliance. I wanted him gone just for that nonsense.
Old 02-24-11, 08:17 AM

Matt seemed like an ok guy. I think it was dumb to get rid of him. If they want to break up the Matt and Andrea pairing, Andrea is alot weaker than Matt. Especially since this tribe lost last week's challenge due to a severe lack of physical strength. Rob needs to keep his tribe strong so they won't go to a third Tribal Council in a row.
Old 02-24-11, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Seeing that one chick's reaction to Matt getting blindsided was priceless.
Old 02-24-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Boston Rob is a genius..
Boston Rob just voted out someone that looked up to him and followed his orders like a loyal soldier and in the process also stabbed another loyal ally in the back. On a 7 person tribe he has a lock solid "4" now going into a merge or shuffle instead of 6 because he was wordered about Fabio Jr being a Jury threat. 4 votes will never be a shuffle or merge majority so congratulations to Rob for officially burying his game last night.

There is a reason an overplaying douchebag like that in 2 of 3 seasons got voted out before the jury.
Old 02-24-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate how they've turned finding HII into easter egg hunts. Gone are the days of watching Ozzy swim back and forth between islands for clues in order to find the HII.
Old 02-24-11, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Boston Rob just voted out someone that looked up to him and followed his orders like a loyal soldier and in the process also stabbed another loyal ally in the back. On a 7 person tribe he has a lock solid "4" now going into a merge or shuffle instead of 6 because he was wordered about Fabio Jr being a Jury threat. 4 votes will never be a shuffle or merge majority so congratulations to Rob for officially burying his game last night.

There is a reason an overplaying douchebag like that in 2 of 3 seasons got voted out before the jury.
I, for one, am shocked to read this response out of you.
Old 02-24-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

but Philip promised him his vote and Rob kept his word to him and Philip voted how Rob wanted. I think Rob can keep Philip in line in the future, keep his original 4 and still have Philip remain the outsider. The next to go can be Kristina/Andrea then Philip.
We also do not know the motivation of Rob. Perhaps, CBS/Survivor gave him enough money this time that his aim is not to win the game but the stir things up. Anyway, I probably would have gotten rid of Andrea first before Matt.

Originally Posted by Patman
I hate how they've turned finding HII into easter egg hunts. Gone are the days of watching Ozzy swim back and forth between islands for clues in order to find the HII.
Well, the producers probably wanted Russell the "HII master" to find it like he does in every season. Too bad the "worse" player in Survivor history found it without even actually looking for it which negates Russell's supposed strengths.
Old 02-24-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I disagree. If he split the votes for Christina and Phillip then Phillip goes home and next they have a clear shot at Christina... but then what? That's where the mess begins. You would need to break up the alliance of 6 and when that happens you don't know how people will vote. Maybe Matt would have voted with Rob or maybe Andrea would want Rob out and brings Matt in with her. Or maybe the girls stick together. Who knows? One way or another, the alliance would be broken. Now Rob has a smaller yet more cohesive alliance of 4 with a 5th vote in his back pocket.
Old 02-24-11, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the producers have changed anything about the HII.

You figure as there are more seasons people start to figure these little things out. Ozzie could have easily found the idol without any clues but didn't think to because he just assumed that this was how the game worked... find all the clues, find the idol. Then Russell steps in after seeing many seasons of the show knowing that the HII is always in a somewhat obvious spot.

What it's up to the producers to do now is do what they did in China where the HII was in plain sight but you just didn't know it was the idol until you find all the clues.
Old 02-24-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I disagree. If he split the votes for Christina and Phillip then Phillip goes home and next they have a clear shot at Christina... but then what? That's where the mess begins. You would need to break up the alliance of 6 and when that happens you don't know how people will vote. Maybe Matt would have voted with Rob or maybe Andrea would want Rob out and brings Matt in with her. Or maybe the girls stick together. Who knows? One way or another, the alliance would be broken. Now Rob has a smaller yet more cohesive alliance of 4 with a 5th vote in his back pocket.
Survivor is a numbers game burning 2 to save 1 and not just 1 but 1 person who you cant even tell about the votes until right before tribal council because he is batshit crazy is stupid. If he is so worried about Fabio Jr and that 1 girl being a pair he could have split them up at any time. The alliance of 6 were all following his lead so its not like he was in any real danger once Phillip and Christina leave.

Its basic Survivor 101 the first half of the game you keep the greatest numbers on your side you can and don't worry about jury threats until you hit the 2nd phase of the game.
Old 02-24-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think the producers have changed anything about the HII.

Ozzie could have easily found the idol without any clues
The clues in Ozzys season were like swim to island x to find the next clue and he had to swim to like 2-3 different places to finally find the idol.

Finding the Idol his season would have literally been like finding 1 needle in 3-4 different haystacks.
Old 02-24-11, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

You'd think they'd at least put it up in a tree or something.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.