Old 02-13-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Californication -- "Lawyers, Guns and Money" -- 2/13/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A compromising photo of Hank with two young ladies has the DA rethinking a plea bargain, his attorney (Carla Gugino) reconsidering him as a client and actress Sasha Bingham (Addison Timlin) reassessing her role in the movie. Later, Marcy and producer Stu Beggs (Stephen Tobolowsky) wax rhapsodic over body waxing; and Becca and her band cause a ruckus at a Venice tattoo establishment.

Episode 6 of 12
Old 02-13-11, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Californication -- "Lawyers, Guns and Money" -- 2/13/11

Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan
Old 02-13-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Obviously we have some people here watching this show for different reasons. Most were complaining last week.

Isn't the whole point to see a middle aged man like Hank bang hot young girls and get himself in outrageous situations, especially with his dumb friends? I mean it's a 30 minute sitcom. I never took this show seriously as Hank having any noble qualities or being a respected father figure for his daughter. I think it's funny that a few of you are looking into some deeper meaning into the show. There is a few poignant scenes every now and then, but it's mostly an outrageous 30 minute comedy.
Old 02-13-11, 07:32 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

^ Fair point. I guess it's just growing tired and lacking originality. I compare it to Entourage (which was basically the same formula season after season -- until the most recent, in which it took on a darker tone, and incidentally I felt it was one of the stronger seasons).
Old 02-14-11, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Obviously we have some people here watching this show for different reasons. Most were complaining last week.

Isn't the whole point to see a middle aged man like Hank bang hot young girls and get himself in outrageous situations, especially with his dumb friends? I mean it's a 30 minute sitcom. I never took this show seriously as Hank having any noble qualities or being a respected father figure for his daughter. I think it's funny that a few of you are looking into some deeper meaning into the show. There is a few poignant scenes every now and then, but it's mostly an outrageous 30 minute comedy.
I agree and I loved the first three seasons because I didn't take it seriously... However I did like the fact that with all the outrageous situations, this show still had a lot of heart and IMO, that's missing from this season so far. I still look forward to it every week because of the funny situations and hot chicks but I just can't say I'm liking it as much as the first 3 seasons.
Old 02-14-11, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Who had Episode 6 in the 'Hank and his lawyer have sex' pool?

D
Old 02-14-11, 10:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrich

D
Yeah no kidding. That one was obvious from the start. Too bad we didn't get any nudity outta her.

Sad to see Sasha and her great rack go.
Old 02-14-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This made no sense to me. She came in, said she's his lawyer again as of tomorrow, then bangs him... then in the teaser for next week
Spoiler:
she's explaining that she can't be his lawyer because she slept with him

They've totally ruined her character. The fact that from episode 1 we've been saying she'll sleep with him, made that final scene so disappointing and anti-climactic. Why so predictable? Also, what's with the weird dark Zalman King-like glimpses of them banging? Stylistically it was just so different from any of the other sex scenes in the show. If it's only because she won't show her boobs, they should have cast someone else. I mean, why all the buildup to just have her walk into the bar and throw herself at him? Where's the struggle? Where's any semblance of him even wanting her? Where's her resistance to her own desires? They're going through the motions. It's like the writers have totally given up trying to make this show interesting or dramatic anymore.
Old 02-14-11, 03:52 PM

I can see Duchovney at the script meeting saying 'So at the end I bang her right?'

Writer- 'Um, no. You see, we've spent 6 episodes building her up as the one woman who doesnt want to have sex with you. She's smart, good at her job, not self desturctive, and doesnt like putting up with your nonsense. Her entire reason for existing in the show is as a contrast to every other woman who takes her top off as soon as you give her a sideways glance. To have her have sex with you, especially after what your character has just done, would not only destroy her character arc, but would strain the realms of our already thin veil of reality'

Duchovney - 'And then I bang her , right?'

Writer - "...yes Mr Duchovney."

D
Old 02-14-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by lamphorn
If it's only because she won't show her boobs, they should have cast someone else.
There have been many actresses on this show who weren't willing to show their boobs.
Old 02-15-11, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Derrich

D
I did. I just caught this episode tonight and looked back at the season premiere thread and yup, episode 6.

Wow, Rob Lowe's character is fucking nut job.

at the Tattoo parlor throwing out Runkle after he showed them his tramp stamp.

I just get a kick that Hank will stick his dick in anything that has boobs and a vagina. For a guy who claims that Karen is the love of his life, he's doing a pretty shitty job trying to keep her.
Old 02-15-11, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Let's go kill someone. You know, like a hobo.