DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Redemption Island -- Survivor Game Round 5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/587283-survivor-redemption-island-survivor-game-round-5-a.html)

Damfino 02-08-11 03:28 PM

Survivor: Redemption Island -- Survivor Game Round 5

Survivor Game 5 for Survivor Enthusiasts presents Redemption Island!

The season premiere is Feb. 16 and whether you love them or hate them, Boston Rob and Russell are back!

http://www.masellis.com/juryduty/dvdtalksurvivor5.jpg

The jist of the game: For an entry fee of just $2, everyone chooses one Survivor to latch on to before the start of the season. That is your guy. You root for that Survivor. If that Survivor ends up going all the way, then YOU will win a $36 Amazon.com gift certificate. 100% of the entry fees will go to the prize fund.

General rules:

This will be the contest thread for the entire season.

This season we will return to the traditional method of holding the draft. You may post 1 and only 1 name during the draft. This is strictly first-come-first-serve. Anybody posting a list will only have rights to the first name in the post. If that name has already been taken, you will need to post again.

This season's 18 Survivors are Andrea, Ashley, David, Francesca, Grant, Julie, Krista, Kristina, Matt, Mike, Natalie, Phillip, Ralph, Rob, Russell, Sarita, Stephanie, and Steve. Refer to the CBS web site for more information on this season's cast: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Post now if you want to play and I will contact you with my PayPal information by PM.

All payments must be made via PayPal by 3 AM EST Monday Feb. 14. If you haven't paid by then, your spot may be released to the next person on the waiting list.

Please, please, please! Include your DVDTalk screen name in a comment with your PayPal payment! This is necessary so that I can match people up with their payments. Also, please use the Personal Gift option as this will avoid seller fees.

If the contest doesn't sell out and an unclaimed Survivor wins, the prize will go to whoever has the highest finisher.

The draft will be held Monday, Feb. 14 at 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific). The DVDTalk timestamp of your post determines validity. If you are too early, you will need to post again.

Good Luck!

Damfino 02-08-11 03:29 PM

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- Survivor Game Round 5

Spots are currently reserved for:

Damfino $
JuryDuty (Our graphic artist and defending champion) $
Goat3001 (Our founder) $
Patman $
BadlyDrawnBoy $
Wolf359 $
outcastja $
Quack $
Maxflier $
Goldberg74 $
Navinabob $
Rob V $
Rattlehead $
davidh777 $
Nabalab $
chowderhead $
Silly Burrito $
T-bone22 $

I have sent Payment info to everyone above. If there is a $ sign next to your name, that means I have received payment. I will update this post as entries and payments are received.

The game is now sold out!

Patman 02-08-11 03:34 PM

I'm in!

JuryDuty 02-08-11 03:37 PM

Awesommmmmme! I'll start on the graphics this week. Thanks for heading it up, Damfino! Maybe I can get a carefully orchestrated winning pick like Fabio again...

Man, I'm gonna have to set an alarm for the draft. :) So you said we can put down one person. If someone above us also posts that person, do we just post again then?

EDIT: Payment sent.

BDB 02-08-11 03:51 PM

I am in

Wolf359 02-08-11 03:59 PM

I'm in!

outcastja 02-08-11 04:01 PM

Reserve a spot for me.

Damfino 02-08-11 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 10630046)
Awesommmmmme! I'll start on the graphics this week. Thanks for heading it up, Damfino! Maybe I can get a carefully orchestrated winning pick like Fabio again...

Man, I'm gonna have to set an alarm for the draft. :) So you said we can put down one person. If someone above us also posts that person, do we just post again then?

If somebody else got to your pick first, yes. I don't want people editing their original posts because that might create mass confusion over who got who first.

Quack 02-08-11 04:42 PM

I'll come back in this season.

Maxflier 02-08-11 05:07 PM

I'm back in as well.

Damfino 02-08-11 05:16 PM

3 PM update:

Everyone above is in and I have notified everyone with payment info. Refer to post no. 2 for current status.

Please note that I probably won't update this thread again until late tonight.

Goldberg74 02-08-11 05:16 PM

Me too!

Damfino 02-08-11 05:21 PM

Goldberg74, you're in!

Goat3001 02-08-11 06:00 PM

Payment Sent!

Patman 02-08-11 06:36 PM

Payment sent!

Goldberg74 02-08-11 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 10630245)
Goldberg74, you're in!

Payment sent!

sven 02-09-11 01:06 AM

Think I'll pass. I have no desire to go back to first come first served when the way it was done last year was the far better way to do it.

Damfino 02-09-11 01:14 AM

Tuesday night update:

Payments received from Goat3001, Patman and Goldberg74

Navinabob has entered by PM

7 spots remain, see post no. 2 for the updated list of contestants and post no. 1 for the new graphic.

Quack 02-09-11 04:29 AM

Payment sent!

Rob V 02-09-11 07:26 AM

I'm in.

Rattlehead 02-09-11 09:09 AM

I'll bite

Wolf359 02-09-11 10:36 AM

:mad2:
Does anyone know a way to watch the cast videos without a stupid commercial in front of EVERY ONE?!
:brickwl2:

aktick 02-09-11 10:50 AM

I just watched the preview show on TV Guide channel...last season was the first one in a LONG time I quit on halfway through, simply because there were no likable players. Sadly, this season might end up being the same. There seem to be some good players, but a LOT of very annoying/bitchy personalities also.

Damfino 02-09-11 12:24 PM

Wednesday morning update

Payment info sent to Rob V and Rattlehead.

Payments received from Quack, Navinabob and Rob V

Five spots are available.

Damfino 02-09-11 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by aktick (Post 10631170)
I just watched the preview show on TV Guide channel...last season was the first one in a LONG time I quit on halfway through, simply because there were no likable players. Sadly, this season might end up being the same. There seem to be some good players, but a LOT of very annoying/bitchy personalities also.

OK, but are you interested in playing the game?