Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Face Off - special F/X reality competition on SyFy

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Face Off - special F/X reality competition on SyFy

Sue is quite odd and for those orange cones.
Old 02-23-12, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

And finally that douchebag Jerry goes home. I don't like Sue much either but he was a real ass tonight.
Old 02-23-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jerry's face when they eliminated him standing right next to Sue was priceless.

I felt bad for Tara, but she needs to trust herself more. Even without the teeth, her mask looked terrible.

Ian is definitely going to win this thing. I've got a feeling. That kid is very talented.
Old 02-23-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this season has been a real mixed bag i guess bc i dislike so many of the artists as far as theyre on air persona is concerned.

my favorites were heather and tara and just seemed after the first challenge they been holding back and playing safe

Jerry seemed to have humbled himself last week but went back to normal dick this week. he thinks way to highly of himself for someone whos been in the worse looks every week but one. he redeemed himself helping Ian with fixing his design when the mold came out effed up.

sue should of went home i really cant stand her whiny self. i been working in haunted houses doing make up and costume design and that spider make up made me feel i could do that show
Old 02-23-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sue is whiny, I think that she will be the next to go, because she seem not to finish anything all she worries about is the head.
Old 02-28-12, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad Jerry got the boot. What an obnoxious person.

I think Ian and Beki will be in the finals.

Does Glenn ever smile?
Old 02-28-12, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Rayce is the most talented person there... not far and away above everyone else like Conner was, but still. Beki does okay work, but what a nasty personality.

And I don't think Glenn is capable of smiling due to massive botox. (Or maybe it's just silicone.)
Old 03-05-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

And STILL we can't get rid of Sue!!

I liked the Cello thing a lot, but R.J.'s Bellhop was much better. It was awesome and I could see it in a Tim Burton film easily.
Old 03-22-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice job, Rayce!

All 3 of those guys presented some fantastic work for the finale (although I wasn't a big fan of what R.J. did), but Rayce easily had the most creative output. The "crispy critter" makeup was very impressive.

I see they're taking advantage of how popular the show has become by promoting that S3 is starting this summer. Can't wait!
Old 08-21-12, 07:19 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

season premiere tonight at 9PM! Looks like it's an hour and a half.
Old 08-21-12, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

caught up with season 2 (is season 1 available anywhere legally?) I looking forward to this!
Old 08-21-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Got hooked on this over the summer with my girls. Caught both seasons and we love this show. Glad they cut the house stuff for season 2, it's such a lame reality show trope to force on a show about sfx makeup.

Originally Posted by chowderhead
caught up with season 2 (is season 1 available anywhere legally?) I looking forward to this!
SyFy runs marathons all the time. Just keep an eye out. The seasons are self contained (thus far anyway) so you aren't missing anything by not seeing it yet.
Old 08-29-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't think I'd like this series, but I really enjoy it. It has a project runway feel in that they are creating (sometimes amazing) looks out of nothing.

The first 2 episodes this season have been very good.. a Star Wars themed one and then last night's pirate theme. The sea urchin creation looked fantastic... professional enough for a movie. The right contestant went home. Her barnacle makeup was awful and the guy whose chest contained jewels was almost equally bad.
Old 08-29-12, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
I didn't think I'd like this series, but I really enjoy it. It has a project runway feel in that they are creating (sometimes amazing) looks out of nothing.

The first 2 episodes this season have been very good.. a Star Wars themed one and then last night's pirate theme. The sea urchin creation looked fantastic... professional enough for a movie. The right contestant went home. Her barnacle makeup was awful and the guy whose chest contained jewels was almost equally bad.
That guy should have been kicked off too. He disregarded the fact he was supposed to include the item in the makeup effects. At least CC tried to incorporate the barnacles. But she spent too much time in the design process that she didnt' have any time to actually make it.

I hope some of these people are allowed to use these effects later in their careers. There have been some really good looks these past seasons.
Old 08-29-12, 11:08 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

So far the work this season is impressing me more than last season. Thankfully we haven't seen everyone half-assing the costumes with those cheesy toga/skirt type things that got used to death in last season's looks. Maybe the producers are providing them with better costume pieces this time, I don't know, but it's an improvement.
Old 08-30-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, great start.

How did that guy who walked off in ep 1 even get on here? His "makeup" was total shit. Even the people with severely limited talent could do infinitely better. Hell, even I could.
Old 08-30-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think the judges blew the Star Wars challenge. The challenge was to craft a character that fit into a Star Wars Cantina. Only one team managed to do that; the gals that did the Dagobah living on Tatooine character. Probably the best makeup of the bunch, the best concept and best overall execution. She was bad ass.

As for the guys that won, the best part of the character was the costume and the judges award the win for the make-up? WTF? Overall, the concept was okay but the character itself did not look like a Star Wars character at all.

Lastly, I really felt bad for the guy whose partner quit the show. You get on a big tv show to showcase your talent and the challenge is mother fucking Star Wars of all things. A dream gig for these people. To get marginalized and end up with such a shitty design had to be heartbreaking.
Old 08-30-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

man the guy that walked off on the first episode made Jerry from s1 look good. i however didnt like how his partner whined to the judges made him look like an ass imo while he had the partner from hell he should of waited for the judges to talk about who did what and then defended himself.

the redhead i can see getting annoying fast with running around like a child in a self pity attitude thats gotten help on both episodes yet noone helped the poor old dude with a bad hand,
Old 08-31-12, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was sad to see they brought back the house segments. I thought they dropped those in season 2.
Old 09-28-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, anyone still watching this season?

Tommy needed to go VERY badly. All that guy did was whine and bitch and look depressed about his work. And his work mostly sucked.

The redhead chick with all the shit in her face needs to go next. Total drama queen.

I could see Roy winning this thing. He's got legit talent and he's modest about it.

How high was Kevin Smith when he guested?
Old 09-28-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts

Yeah, I really like this show. I agree, Tommy really needs to get booted; I thought he would have in the last episode. Laura (Lauren?) is sexy.
Old 09-28-12, 02:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I was very happy Tommy got shitcanned, with his stupid fucking Droopy Dog face.
Old 09-28-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm rooting for Roy. Pretty much everything he's done has been innovative and consistent. I do not think I have heard the judges say one bad thing about any of his work. The fact that he's a humble good ole boy up against a bunch of younger, pierced, wild hair whining whippersnappers just endears him to me more...
Old 09-28-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yrs, Roy should win this.
Old 09-28-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Side note: anyone watching Hot Set? Kinda boring, and I'm not sure I like having new people every week. Usually, my gf and I just FFWD to the end to see how it all came out. I don't see it getting a pick-up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.