Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Retired at 35 (George Segal, Jessica Walters) thread - TVLAND show WED at 10:30pm

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Retired at 35 (George Segal, Jessica Walters) thread - TVLAND show WED at 10:30pm

Old 01-19-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TV Land's newest original sitcom premieres Jan. 19 at 10:30PM
The series follows a successful New Yorker named David (Johnathan McClain), who decides to leave the rat race and his job in the big city and move in with his father (George Segal) and mother (Jessica Walter) who live in a retirement community in Florida to reconnect with them, re-evaluate his life and live the dream of retirement that so many are working toward.
Old 01-19-11, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 831 Likes on 620 Posts
Re: Retired at 35 (George Segal, Jessica Walters) thread - TVLAND show WED at 10:30pm

I saw the promos for this show, but I'm passing on it. With the Wednesday ABC comedy lineup and 3 hours of comedies on NBC tomorrow night, there is no way I will get to this. I'll be lucky to get to Hot in Cleveland by this weekend.
Old 01-19-11, 10:27 PM

Re: Retired at 35 (George Segal, Jessica Walters) thread - TVLAND show WED at 10:30pm

Any early reviews? I'll watch anything with Jessica Walter.
Old 01-19-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First episode wasn't too great but that's the way it is with most sitcoms anyway so I'll give it a few more episodes.
Old 01-19-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love George Segal, as long as he isn't carrying that goddamn banjo.

It was okay. The weak part was the slob best friend. Annoying and too over the top.

And WHO would be embarassed about banging Christine Ebersole? I'd do her every chance I got.
Old 01-20-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
Love George Segal, as long as he isn't carrying that goddamn banjo.

It was okay. The weak part was the slob best friend. Annoying and too over the top.

And WHO would be embarassed about banging Christine Ebersole? I'd do her every chance I got.
LOL I went to jr. high and high school with the slob best friend.
Old 01-23-11, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The best friend was terrible. Poorly written and the guy really doesn't deliver then well. The rest of the show is tolerable, not on the level of Hot In Cleveland, but maybe it'll get better.

The sister was pretty poorly written as well. At least Casey Wilson can act.