Old 01-10-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Castle -- "Poof! Your Dead" -- 1/10/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When the owner of historic Drake's Magic Shop in New York is found drowned in Houdini's famous water torture tank, Castle and Beckett must delve into the world of magic, magicians and their secrets to find his killer. As part of their investigation, Castle & Beckett meet master magician Tobias Strange (guest star Gilles Marini, "Brothers & Sisters," "Dancing With the Stars"). Meanwhile, the magicians aren't the only ones keeping secrets, as a new romantic relationship is revealed for Esposito and Lanie.

Episode 12 of 24

Glad this got renewed for a 4th season.
Old 01-10-11, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Poof! Your Dead" -- 1/10/11

I'm happy to hear about the renewal as well. I'm sure we will be handed another "cliffhanger" at the end of this season, but it will be nice knowing the show will be back to resolve whatever the writers throw our way.

A second office romance ... interesting. I wonder if it was just an idea that came up, or if they think in terms of needing a romance that won't divide fans of the main two characters? Romance plots are good to keep people coming back, but when even the stars can't agree on how a main character romance should be handled, an alternate is a good choice. Or maybe I'm just rambling.

Does anyone else watch this as much for the comedy as the mystery, or is it just me? I find most episodes have laugh-out-loud funny bits, and thankfully without the laugh track.
Old 01-10-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be "that guy," but for search purposes the correct spelling is "Poof! You're Dead".
Old 01-10-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by outlander78
Does anyone else watch this as much for the comedy as the mystery, or is it just me? I find most episodes have laugh-out-loud funny bits, and thankfully without the laugh track.
It's not just you, I think the show has some really hilarious moments. I'm glad it's coming back for another season.
Old 01-10-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by outlander78
I don't even watch it for the mystery. For me it's Fillion and the comedy.
Old 01-10-11, 10:32 PM

All about Nathan for me to. I do adore Ryan and Esposito as well.. Love the comedy but the drama can bring me to tears..
Old 01-11-11, 05:35 PM

It was pre-empted for the winter weather coverage in Atlanta. Last week's episode was the first I've watched this season, and I was looking forward to this one.
Old 01-12-11, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The comedy along with the cast, both lead and supporting, is what makes this show so good IMO. I am just wondering when or if we will ever see the romance begin which is another reason people watch this show. The chemistry between the two lead actors is hot.
Old 01-12-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People do like the chemistry between Castle and Beckett, but I'm not so sure they'd enjoy the actual romance between Castle and Beckett. Historically, TV hasn't been the greatest in this area. On the other hand, I think it was Stana who said in an interview that she sees no reason the interplay between Castle and Beckett wouldn't continue unabated even if they start up a romance. Wishful thinking or on-point commentary? I'm fine not risking it for now.

It's enough for me that they like each other and on some level, the other kinda sorta knows it. Of course Castle has been a little more open with his interest in Beckett, but then he's a playboy and that interest doesn't necessarily extend beyond the base. In fact, that's probably Beckett's primary objection to romantically opening up to Castle. If she were sure she's more than a shiny object that crossed his path, she'd probably relate to him slightly differently.
Old 01-12-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

It's the characters and the comedy, then the mystery. This show got mentioned more than once in the "Favorite Comedies" thread.
Old 01-12-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's no way I could say there is any one reason that stands out for me.

This show just consistently fires on all cylinders. The mysteries are interesting, the comedy is gold, the main characters (and even many of the secondaries) have depth, and there is great chemistry between all of them (not just the incredible chemistry between Nathan and Stana).